COMPLETE: The Way of an Eagle by Ethel M. Dell-lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

RJSpong wrote: April 6th, 2021, 8:54 am I'd like to volunteer for Chapter's 33 and 34 if possible
Certainly, thank you for claiming!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
MJFranck

Post by MJFranck »

Here is Chapter 22.
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/wayofaneagle_22_dell_128kb.mp3

Length is 13 minutes 39 seconds.

MJ
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Can I claim the following chapters?
Part 3 Chapter 31: The Eagle Hovers
Part 4 Chapter 39: By Single Combat
Part 4 Chapter 43: Requiescat
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

MJFranck wrote: April 7th, 2021, 7:08 pm Here is Chapter 22.
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/wayofaneagle_22_dell_128kb.mp3

Length is 13 minutes 39 seconds.

MJ
Chapter 22 sounds great! I have just one note: at 9:02, "but you would have had me," you say "but you have had me."
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SirenaRose wrote: April 7th, 2021, 7:55 pm Can I claim the following chapters?
Part 3 Chapter 31: The Eagle Hovers
Part 4 Chapter 39: By Single Combat
Part 4 Chapter 43: Requiescat
Certainly, thank you for claiming!

Sarah
MJFranck

Post by MJFranck »

Regarding the error at 9:02, Chapter 22, I tried to correct it by re-recording the sentence and inserting it in the original file. When I played it back, it sounded just fine. Then when I tried to upload it, I got this error message:

Error SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '<'

I tried it a second time and got the same response. I don't know what I did wrong.

For the record, I DID say the word "would", but I rolled over it so fast and light that you couldn't hear it.

What do I do now?

MJ
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
Here's Part 5: Chapter 54: Surrender.
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/wayofaneagle_54_dell_128kb.mp3
The length is 9:34.
-SirenaRose
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi Scarbo

Chapters 52 and 55 please
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

MJFranck wrote: April 8th, 2021, 3:40 pm Regarding the error at 9:02, Chapter 22, I tried to correct it by re-recording the sentence and inserting it in the original file. When I played it back, it sounded just fine. Then when I tried to upload it, I got this error message:

Error SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '<'

I tried it a second time and got the same response. I don't know what I did wrong.

For the record, I DID say the word "would", but I rolled over it so fast and light that you couldn't hear it.

What do I do now?

MJ
That's odd! I'm sorry you're running into that. I'm not sure whether the error message would have anything to do with something that can be detected in Checker, but does running it through Checker by any chance indicate anything out of the ordinary? Please don't go to too much trouble over this though. I can go ahead and mark the first version PL OK. Thank you for your recording!

If you keep getting this error message with other recordings, someone might be able to help you in the Need Help? Got Advice? forum.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SirenaRose wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:14 pm Hi Scarbo,
Here's Part 5: Chapter 54: Surrender.
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/wayofaneagle_54_dell_128kb.mp3
The length is 9:34.
-SirenaRose
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

johnb2 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:45 pm Hi Scarbo

Chapters 52 and 55 please
Sure thing, thank you! Barring the unforeseen, I should be able to give section 30 a listen later today.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

johnb2 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:31 pm Hi Scarbo

Chapter 30 @ 13:55

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/wayofaneagle_30_dell_128kb.mp3
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
MJFranck

Post by MJFranck »

Thanks for your reply. I don’t know anything about Checker. Where can I find more information?

As for chapter 22, if you are comfortable giving it your ok, that works for me. I will focus on the next chapter rather than trying to solve this puzzle.

MJ
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

MJFranck wrote: April 9th, 2021, 5:40 pm Thanks for your reply. I don’t know anything about Checker. Where can I find more information?

As for chapter 22, if you are comfortable giving it your ok, that works for me. I will focus on the next chapter rather than trying to solve this puzzle.

MJ
Here's some information about it and a link to where you can download it. I hope this is helpful, but even if Checker doesn't shed light on this particular issue, it's a handy tool to have on hand in general.

Sarah