[CHILDREN] Neddie and Beckie Stubtail by Howard R. Garis -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
MARIA8746
Posts: 141
Joined: November 22nd, 2020, 6:38 pm

Post by MARIA8746 » November 25th, 2020, 3:07 pm

Hello, Can I have section 24 & 25 please?
Looking forward hearing from you soon. :)

Thanks,
Maria8746

silverquill
Posts: 16002
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 25th, 2020, 7:31 pm

MARIA8746 wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 3:07 pm
Hello, Can I have section 24 & 25 please?
Looking forward hearing from you soon. :)

Thanks,
Maria8746
Great!
I've put you in for these two chapters.
~ Larry

MARIA8746
Posts: 141
Joined: November 22nd, 2020, 6:38 pm

Post by MARIA8746 » November 27th, 2020, 9:33 am

Hello, I have finished recording Chapter 24 Neddie and Beckie Stubtail


Duration: 11:27

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/chapter24_neddieandbeckieataparty.mp3

Best

MARIA8746

loon
Posts: 969
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » November 27th, 2020, 2:17 pm

MARIA8746 wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:33 am
Hello, I have finished recording Chapter 24 Neddie and Beckie Stubtail


Duration: 11:27

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/chapter24_neddieandbeckieataparty.mp3

Best

MARIA8746
Maria -
I found some things that need to be fixed, but all should be easy.
1) The file name should be neddieandbeckie_24_garis_128kb.mp3- it's pretty important to get the file names right, because there are lots of books in progress at any time and it would be easy for a chapter to get lost among all the others for multiple books.
2) The beginning silence is too long - you gave it around 2 1/4 seconds and it should be somewhere between half a second and one full second.
3) You recorded "End of Neddie and Beckie Stubtail, by Howard R. Garis." - but that should only be read for chapter 31 of this book. The silence at the end of the recording should also be somewhere between 5 and 10 seconds long. You can fix both of these things in Audacity by selecting just the sentence "End of Neddie and Beckie Stubtail, by Howard R. Garis" and then clicking the Silence Audio Selection button on the toolbar. https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/edit_toolbar.html#silence shows you what the icon on that button looks like. [Ctrl+L] is Audacity's keyboard shortcut for this function, so you could just type that instead of clicking the button. Just by luck the silence after you read your name will then be a bit over 6 seconds.

So you know, your overall volume is in the middle of the LibriVox range and there aren't any undesirable noises in the background.

If you'll shorten the silence at the beginning, remove the last sentence and upload the chapter again with the exact file name everything should be fine.

Howard Garis always writes silly stuff - like visiting the apples and potatoes in the basement so they won't be lonesome. Yay!
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

MARIA8746
Posts: 141
Joined: November 22nd, 2020, 6:38 pm

Post by MARIA8746 » November 27th, 2020, 5:02 pm

Hello, Neddie and Beckie Chapter 24 (FIXED)

Please let me know anything else I can do.

Thank you

Maria Abrenica


Duration: 11:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/neddieandbeckie_24_garis_128kb.mp3

MARIA8746
Posts: 141
Joined: November 22nd, 2020, 6:38 pm

Post by MARIA8746 » November 27th, 2020, 5:09 pm

Hello, Can I claim Chapter 26-29 please :)

Best

Maria Abrenica

loon
Posts: 969
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » November 27th, 2020, 8:31 pm

MARIA8746 wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Hello, Neddie and Beckie Chapter 24 (FIXED)

Please let me know anything else I can do.

Thank you

Maria Abrenica


Duration: 11:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/neddieandbeckie_24_garis_128kb.mp3
Maria -

You still need the 5 (to 10) seconds of silence at the end. (Your track has about half a second after your name.) Audacity can create silence:
go to the end of your track (typing a 'k' is a shortcut that will move you to the end of the track, or just click in the track after your last word)
select Silence... in the Generate menu, make sure the duration is 00 hours 00 minutes 05 seconds and click OK.

Re- export to mp3 and re- upload to the same filename. Then everything should be OK.
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

MARIA8746
Posts: 141
Joined: November 22nd, 2020, 6:38 pm

Post by MARIA8746 » November 27th, 2020, 8:38 pm

Hello, here is my finished recording for (Neddie and Beckie in a Snowbank) Chapter 25

Please let me know, anything else I can do.

Duration: 10:44

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/neddieandbeckie_25_garis_128kb.mp3.mp3

Best

Maria Abrenica

MARIA8746
Posts: 141
Joined: November 22nd, 2020, 6:38 pm

Post by MARIA8746 » November 27th, 2020, 8:55 pm

Hello, Here is the 5 (10) seconds of silence at the end. (Neddie and Beckie Chapter 24)

Let me know if anything else to add :)

Duration: 11:26

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/neddieandbeckie_24_garis_128kb.mp3


Best

Maria Abrenica

loon
Posts: 969
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » November 27th, 2020, 9:10 pm

MARIA8746 wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 8:38 pm
Hello, here is my finished recording for (Neddie and Beckie in a Snowbank) Chapter 25

Please let me know, anything else I can do.

Duration: 10:44

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/neddieandbeckie_25_garis_128kb.mp3.mp3

Best

Maria Abrenica
Your file name ended in .mp3.mp3 - this is too easy to do with Audacity if you give it the full file name and then it adds another .mp3 on the end.

Again in this chapter your beginning silence should be shorter (1 second shorter) and your ending silence should be longer (3 seconds longer).

At around 5:56 where Sammie says "I said it was snowing hard—h-a-r-d—not soft, you know" you should spell out the letters "h" "a" "r" "d" - Sammie is spelling the word so Neddie gets it right.

The rest of your recording is all accurate.
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

loon
Posts: 969
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » November 27th, 2020, 9:16 pm

MARIA8746 wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Hello, Here is the 5 (10) seconds of silence at the end. (Neddie and Beckie Chapter 24)

Let me know if anything else to add :)

Duration: 11:26

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/neddieandbeckie_24_garis_128kb.mp3


Best

Maria Abrenica

That fix did it - Chapter 24 is now PL OK - our first completed chapter in this book. Thank you.
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

Nedge
Posts: 721
Joined: May 30th, 2018, 8:30 am
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
Contact:

Post by Nedge » November 27th, 2020, 9:55 pm

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie ten Boom

loon
Posts: 969
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » November 27th, 2020, 9:58 pm

Nedge wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:55 pm
Here are Chapters 18, 23, and 30:
Something for me to do in the morning!
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

silverquill
Posts: 16002
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 28th, 2020, 6:17 am

~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 16002
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 28th, 2020, 6:22 am

MARIA8746 wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 5:09 pm
Hello, Can I claim Chapter 26-29 please :)

Best

Maria Abrenica
You have them.
Thank you!
~ Larry

Post Reply