[Complete] A Woman at Bay by Nicholas Carter - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
StevenJonPeterson

Post by StevenJonPeterson »

I would like to record Chapter 24. The Flight through the cellar.

Thank you,
Steve Peterson
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

StevenJonPeterson wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 3:13 pm I would like to record Chapter 24. The Flight through the cellar.

Thank you,
Steve Peterson
Great!
NayeliT

Post by NayeliT »

Lynnet wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 3:06 pm
NayeliT wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 2:00 pm Hi, could I take section 20, A Chapter of Accidents?
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Your section will be held for 1 month pending your test. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Hi and thank you!
I just completed the 1 minute test, I couldn't upload it though, there was an error. But I did make a post on the Listeners Wanted Forum explaining the error and with a google link with the audio attached too, so hopefully that's okay! I'll get started once I get an OK, Thanks again :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

NayeliT wrote: November 24th, 2020, 8:53 am
NayeliT wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 2:00 pm Hi, could I take section 20, A Chapter of Accidents?
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Your section will be held for 1 month pending your test. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Hi and thank you!
I just completed the 1 minute test, I couldn't upload it though, there was an error. But I did make a post on the Listeners Wanted Forum explaining the error and with a google link with the audio attached too, so hopefully that's okay! I'll get started once I get an OK, Thanks again :D
The error may have been that you were logged out. Remedy it by completely logging out and re-entering your password. It is necessary to correctly upload the mp3 file to check you are able to do this 8-)
NayeliT

Post by NayeliT »

Lynnet wrote: November 24th, 2020, 9:09 am
NayeliT wrote: November 24th, 2020, 8:53 am

Lynne
Hi and thank you!
The error may have been that you were logged out. Remedy it by completely logging out and re-entering your password. It is necessary to correctly upload the mp3 file to check you are able to do this 8-)
Hi! Okay so I think its fixed now, thank you for the help!
VivianWeaver

Post by VivianWeaver »

Hi Lynnet,

I can take 14, 15, and 16 if they are still open.
Vivian Weaver
Never underestimate the power of your truth.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

VivianWeaver wrote: November 25th, 2020, 1:45 pm Hi Lynnet,

I can take 14, 15, and 16 if they are still open.
All yours
StevenJonPeterson

StevenJonPeterson

Oh, forgot...
length: 11:38

Steve
NayeliT

Post by NayeliT »

Hi, unfortunately because of my 1 minute test, there were some issues that I didn't understand how to fix. Because this was also a school assignment, I only have a short time period to complete this so I won't be able to go back and correct these errors.

But I still did the audio for the chapter, you can choose to use it or not, anyways, thank you for letting me have the opportunity to do this, have a good day! :D

Chapter 20 - Duration 9:45
[https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womanatbay_20_carter_128kb.mp3.mp3]
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

NayeliT wrote: November 27th, 2020, 1:43 pm Hi, unfortunately because of my 1 minute test, there were some issues that I didn't understand how to fix. Because this was also a school assignment, I only have a short time period to complete this so I won't be able to go back and correct these errors.

But I still did the audio for the chapter, you can choose to use it or not, anyways, thank you for letting me have the opportunity to do this, have a good day! :D

Chapter 20 - Duration 9:45
[https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womanatbay_20_carter_128kb.mp3.mp3]
Thank you. I will check it and see if there is anything I can fix. There is a very steep learning curve when most of us start out. I hope when the pressures of school ease, we see you back here.

Edit: I just checked your test thread. As Ashleigh said, we have a lot more support for Audacity than GarageBand... which is great for music, but doesn’t work so well for the spoken voice. All the issues she mentioned are easily fixed in Audacity... mostly just one or two clicks. If you do come back, I strongly recommend Audacity, which is free and very easy to use... plus we have a whole library of videos to help if you do run into trouble.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

StevenJonPeterson wrote: November 27th, 2020, 1:02 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womanatbay_24_carter_128kb.mp3

Here's chapter 24

Steve Peterson
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 20

I imported the file into Audacity. That is what I usually work with.
I changed it from stereo to mono.
I ran the Leveler Effect twice (this evens out the volume a bit)
I added about 4 seconds to the end of the file (we need 5 seconds, there was 1)
I ran noise cleaning
I re-exported it to mp3... I have the correct bit rate settings on my computer. These stay the same unless I actively change them.

The reading itself is nice and clear and well-paced, with good expression :thumbs: No additional edits needed except at the end... we don't need "End of A Woman at Bay by Nicholas Carter" except after the last chapter 8-) This was easy for me to cut.

The file is now able to be used in the finished project and meets all technical requirements :clap:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 24 PL OK
jbryant34

Post by jbryant34 »

transfer of files (completed recording)
file duration: 07:59

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/womanatbay_11_carter_128kb.mp3

Chapter 11
Jasmine Bryant