Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kellysmagee

Post by Kellysmagee »

I would like to try (29) chapter 8 please
TadDavis

Post by TadDavis »

I've uploaded Section 52 for review:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory2_52_128kb.mp3

File size is 28.19mb, track length is 29m 22s.

This is certainly an educational project! I'd only ever encountered the Duke of Somerset as a footnote in my previous reading.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kellysmagee wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:35 am I would like to try (29) chapter 8 please
Welcome to LibriVox and thanks for volunteering! :)

Since this looks like the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Also, please complete a 1-Minute Test before you record your first contribution. Its purpose is to ensure that your recording software and hardware is set up in accordance with LibriVox technical standards, so that you get a chance to adjust your setup without having to redo a longer recording. The instructions can be found on this wiki page:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

If you post a notification about your test in this thread, I can check it for you.

In the meantime, I'll pencil in your claim in the Notes column.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

TadDavis wrote: January 5th, 2021, 3:23 pm I've uploaded Section 52 for review:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory2_52_128kb.mp3

File size is 28.19mb, track length is 29m 22s.

This is certainly an educational project! I'd only ever encountered the Duke of Somerset as a footnote in my previous reading.
Thank you, Tad! Indeed, I'm also hearing a lot of details that are new to me.

Michael
SimonParent

Post by SimonParent »

Hi! I am new to Librivox, and would like to get used to the whole process by recording a chapter.

I did my 1 min test, I have submitted a SOLO project, but I was suggested to try recording a chapter in a group project, and I love historical books.

Here is one I started reading, to get used to the words. I can start with the first part, and if everything is ok, I will do the rest of the chapter, (part 2 and 3).

Chapter V. National Opposition to Rome in Germany by A. F. Pollard (part 1)

(also, non-english speaker here, for "Charles V", do we say "Charles Fifth", "Charles the Fifth", or "Charles Five")?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

SimonParent wrote: January 5th, 2021, 6:45 pm Hi! I am new to Librivox, and would like to get used to the whole process by recording a chapter.

I did my 1 min test, I have submitted a SOLO project, but I was suggested to try recording a chapter in a group project, and I love historical books.

Here is one I started reading, to get used to the words. I can start with the first part, and if everything is ok, I will do the rest of the chapter, (part 2 and 3).

Chapter V. National Opposition to Rome in Germany by A. F. Pollard (part 1)

(also, non-english speaker here, for "Charles V", do we say "Charles Fifth", "Charles the Fifth", or "Charles Five")?
Great, thanks for volunteering! :)

Since this looks like the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Royalty and popes are normally said with "the", so "Charles the Fifth" is right.

Michael
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

HI. I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about my sections. I'll try to submit them by the end of the week.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Piotrek81 wrote: January 6th, 2021, 5:42 am HI. I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about my sections. I'll try to submit them by the end of the week.
Thanks for letting me know!

Michael
SimonParent

Post by SimonParent »

Hi Michael, can you confirm that I will be assigned Chapter 5? Section 17, (part 1). My username is SimonParent.
geoffreydesena

Post by geoffreydesena »

Kazbek wrote: December 29th, 2020, 8:34 am
Flawless reading, but there's a volume jump that needs to be leveled out. Please select the portion 0:00-10:45 and amplify it by 4 dB.

Thanks,
Michael
Not sure how I missed that. That was obvious just looking at the track! :?

Here comes updated section 64 [33:31]
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory2_64_128kb.mp3

and freshly edited section 65 [36:42]
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory2_65_128kb.mp3
Sustainably,
Geoffrey DeSena
geoffreydesena

Post by geoffreydesena »

Now that I've finally cleared my plate, I'll put my name on section 62 if that's alright.

I'll work backwards from there if no one claims the other sections of the Scotland chapter by the time I finish this one.
Sustainably,
Geoffrey DeSena
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

SimonParent wrote: January 6th, 2021, 2:08 pm Hi Michael, can you confirm that I will be assigned Chapter 5? Section 17, (part 1). My username is SimonParent.
Hi, Simon (hopefully, I'm deducing your name correctly!) Yes, if you look at the Magic Window on the first page of these project thread, you'll see that the section is assigned to you. You can also track your assignments via your reader page (click on "Reader section details"):

https://librivox.org/reader/15547

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

geoffreydesena wrote: January 6th, 2021, 3:52 pm Now that I've finally cleared my plate, I'll put my name on section 62 if that's alright.

I'll work backwards from there if no one claims the other sections of the Scotland chapter by the time I finish this one.
Thank you, Geoffrey! No worries. I wonder if going backwards will be anything like the chronologically randomized experience I'm getting as the PL. :)

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

TadDavis wrote: January 5th, 2021, 3:23 pm I've uploaded Section 52 for review:
Just one small issue: the silence at the end needs to be shortened to ~5 sec. Currently almost 9 seconds.

Thanks,
Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

geoffreydesena wrote: January 6th, 2021, 3:47 pm
Here comes updated section 64 [33:31]

and freshly edited section 65 [36:42]
Section 64 is PL OK! In 65, I came across repeats at 4:04, 4:52, and 6:18. This is unusual for your recordings, so I've stopped there to check if this is just a rough patch or if you've accidentally uploaded the wrong version.

Thanks,
Michael