[BIBLE HISTORY] A Class-Book of Old Testament History by George Frederick Maclear-Leni

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 16535
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 25th, 2021, 9:14 pm

digitizer wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 6:31 pm
Hello
Please can I have Section 66
Accession of Jehu
Thanks
You've got it.
Thanks again!
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 16535
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 25th, 2021, 9:18 pm

magejlewis wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 7:33 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_60_maclear_128kb.mp3
So I recorded section 60 and did some editing. I will be the first to admit that it is not very good, being my first recording, but I am just wondering if it is good enough. I think I took it to fast, and there are some words that I draw out or hesitate. I am happy to do further editing to improve it more, or completely re-record the section. Let me know. I appreciate any and all constructive criticism.

I also realized that I forgot the end of chapter announcement, so I will record that, and add it on, then re-upload, so that will be on there soon.
Don't worry too much. There is a big learning curve, and we certainly don't expect perfection. Ver few of us are totally satisfied with our recordings and they sound worse to us than to others. But we will have an initial proof listening report for you soon.

We do like to have the file length (mm:ss) posted along with the link, though.

Thanks for you recording! :)
~ Larry

digitizer
Posts: 91
Joined: November 8th, 2020, 4:47 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by digitizer » January 25th, 2021, 9:18 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 9:14 pm
digitizer wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 6:31 pm
Hello
Please can I have Section 66
Accession of Jehu
Thanks
You've got it.
Thanks again!
Section 66 is Ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_66_maclear_128kb.mp3
Passed Checker app at 89dB
Run time is 12:36.69
Thanks
~ Digitizer

magejlewis
Posts: 11
Joined: January 13th, 2021, 9:24 am

Post by magejlewis » January 25th, 2021, 9:35 pm

Okay, so here is the recording with the end of chapter note included
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_60_maclear_128kb.mp3
It passed the checker at 89.8 db and runs at 13:55

digitizer
Posts: 91
Joined: November 8th, 2020, 4:47 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by digitizer » January 25th, 2021, 11:03 pm

Hello
Please can I have Section 76?
Rebuilding of the Temple—Esther and Ahasuerus
Thanks
~ Digitizer

silverquill
Posts: 16535
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 26th, 2021, 12:21 am

magejlewis wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 9:35 pm
Okay, so here is the recording with the end of chapter note included
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_60_maclear_128kb.mp3
It passed the checker at 89.8 db and runs at 13:55
Thank you!
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 16535
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 26th, 2021, 12:22 am

magejlewis wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 9:35 pm
Okay, so here is the recording with the end of chapter note included
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_60_maclear_128kb.mp3
It passed the checker at 89.8 db and runs at 13:55
Wow, you are really cranking these out. :thumbs:
Thank you!

You now have 76 as well.
~ Larry

digitizer
Posts: 91
Joined: November 8th, 2020, 4:47 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by digitizer » January 26th, 2021, 12:50 am

silverquill wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 12:22 am
magejlewis wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 9:35 pm
Okay, so here is the recording with the end of chapter note included
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_60_maclear_128kb.mp3
It passed the checker at 89.8 db and runs at 13:55
Wow, you are really cranking these out. :thumbs:
Thank you!

You now have 76 as well.
Hi Larry
Sorry, but who has been assigned Section 76?
The response was to a different post and I just want to make sure I understand it
Thanks
~ Digitizer

digitizer
Posts: 91
Joined: November 8th, 2020, 4:47 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by digitizer » January 26th, 2021, 2:16 am

Section 76 is Ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_76_maclear_128kb.mp3
Passed Checker app at 89dB
Run time is 13:52.00
Thanks
~ Digitizer

silverquill
Posts: 16535
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 26th, 2021, 10:19 am

digitizer wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 2:16 am
Section 76 is Ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_76_maclear_128kb.mp3
Passed Checker app at 89dB
Run time is 13:52.00
Thanks
Sorry about the confusion. but I did put you in the MW for 76 and it is now up Ready for PL
~ Larry

digitizer
Posts: 91
Joined: November 8th, 2020, 4:47 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by digitizer » January 26th, 2021, 4:30 pm

Hello
Can I please have Section 58
Rehoboam and Abijah, Jeroboam and Nadab
Thanks
~ Digitizer

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1249
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » January 26th, 2021, 8:41 pm

digitizer wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 9:18 pm
Section 66 is Ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_66_maclear_128kb.mp3
Passed Checker app at 89dB
Run time is 12:36.69
Thanks
Sections 44, 57, & 66 are PL OK :clap:

You're doing great work! This project is definitely happy that you joined LibriVox! :thumbs:
~Rosebud

digitizer
Posts: 91
Joined: November 8th, 2020, 4:47 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by digitizer » January 26th, 2021, 8:44 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 8:41 pm
digitizer wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 9:18 pm
Section 66 is Ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_66_maclear_128kb.mp3
Passed Checker app at 89dB
Run time is 12:36.69
Thanks
Sections 44, 57, & 66 are PL OK :clap:

You're doing great work! This project is definitely happy that you joined LibriVox! :thumbs:
Thank you for your kind words.
I am thoroughly enjoying the experience
Its good also to listen to others and learn as well
~ Digitizer

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1249
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » January 26th, 2021, 8:46 pm

OneForTheBooks wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 8:45 am
Here's Section 42:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_42_maclear_128kb.mp3

It's 18mins 40.05secs.
PL OK :thumbs:

Great work! Thank you! :)
~Rosebud

silverquill
Posts: 16535
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 26th, 2021, 9:14 pm

digitizer wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 4:30 pm
Hello
Can I please have Section 58
Rehoboam and Abijah, Jeroboam and Nadab
Thanks
You've got it.
Thanks again!
~ Larry

Post Reply