COMPLETE [BIBLE HISTORY] A Class-Book of Old Testament History by George Frederick Maclear-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jenevieve

Post by Jenevieve »

Hi! May I please have section 16 The Journey from the Red Sea to Rephidim?

Thanks!
Jenevieve
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

AltonKane wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:53 pm
Ahh no worries!
So I guess I'll claim 21 and 22

Thanks!
Great!
You've got these. :)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Jenevieve wrote: December 16th, 2020, 4:14 pm Hi! May I please have section 16 The Journey from the Red Sea to Rephidim?

Thanks!
Jenevieve
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

From the instructions for this, and all, projects under Point 2

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that post again here with your request and also let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

thomhaire wrote: December 15th, 2020, 12:35 pm Please ignore my previous post.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classicbookoldtestament_3_maclear_128kb.mp3.mp3

This is the proper link. Again, please let me know what else needs to be done. Always a student!
Thank you for you fine recording! You have a fabulous recording voice. :)

There are however a few technical issues that need attention, although all specifications are okay.

First, the opening and ending "silences" are incorrect. I'm not sure if you missed this in the instructions, ow what.
At the beginning, no more than one second. We try for something between 0:5 - 1:00. You have TEN seconds.
At the end, we like to have something closer to five seconds, and you have only 3.

in the recording itself, there a several overly long pauses at 1:57 – 2:03 and 6:11 – 6:14 This should be shortened.
I would also suggest doing some noise reduction. The background hum is quite strong. Let me know if you need some help on this; We also have some good tutorials on this.

Finally the file name is wrong. I'm not sure why you uploaded this as Section 3. It is Section 15, as you should see in the Magic Window.
Also, as specified in the naming format, the section number needs to be two digits with the leading zero, but you won't have to worry about that when you upload your corrected recording. But, please do not add .mp3 because this is added when you upload the file, and just results in a duplication as you will see.

When you post the link to your new file, don't forget to give the file length as mm:ss This helps us a lot.
===
Just as an extra comment, but nothing that needs to be change:
I found your breath sounds a little loud. Breath sounds do not need to be eliminated entirely, no should they be, but in places it is quite pronounced. This can be improved in part by changing the way one takes a breath. I tend to suck in air through my teeth and mouth, so I get a lot of this myself, so I try to breath more from my diaphragm (like my speech teacher told me) and open my mouth a bit. You might also turn down your mike gain or change the position of you mic. Just play around with some options. Again, this is just pro-level stuff, since that is what you said you're aiming at. You got one of those envious recording voices and a great reading style! I think you will go far as a voice artist! :clap:
~ Larry
thomhaire

Post by thomhaire »

Thank you. Terrific care and attention to detail. I was premature on the upload, but I knew I would get feedback.

This is all very useful. I promise always to be the constant student. There are some items I may have questions over. However, I will re-record and nail down that pace and breathing. A good portion was from lunch and roll, but the most glaring is negligence. Lesson learned.

Thank you for the respect of pro-level advice. Talk soon.
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

Hello.
Have uploaded my first effort @ 15m 51s
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_14_maclear_128kb.mp3
I selected MC 'leni'.
The recording passed the Checker app.
Please let me know
Cheers
~ Digitizer
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

Hello.
Could I be assigned section 45 please?
CHAPTER V. SAUL AND THE AMALEKITES. DAVID AND GOLIATH.
Thank you
Digitizer
~ Digitizer
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

digitizer wrote: December 18th, 2020, 7:01 pm Hello.
Have uploaded my first effort @ 15m 51s
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_14_maclear_128kb.mp3
I selected MC 'leni'.
The recording passed the Checker app.
Please let me know
Cheers
Thank you!
We will have a report for you soon

You are also in for Section 45.
~ Larry
OneForTheBooks

Post by OneForTheBooks »

Hi! Claiming Section 17, please.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

OneForTheBooks wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 5:54 am Hi! Claiming Section 17, please.
You are in for this chapter.
Thank you!
~ Larry
thomhaire

Post by thomhaire »

silverquill wrote: December 17th, 2020, 11:02 am
thomhaire wrote: December 15th, 2020, 12:35 pm Please ignore my previous post.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classicbookoldtestament_3_maclear_128kb.mp3.mp3

This is the proper link. Again, please let me know what else needs to be done. Always a student!
Thank you for you fine recording! You have a fabulous recording voice. :)

There are however a few technical issues that need attention, although all specifications are okay.

First, the opening and ending "silences" are incorrect. I'm not sure if you missed this in the instructions, ow what.
At the beginning, no more than one second. We try for something between 0:5 - 1:00. You have TEN seconds.
At the end, we like to have something closer to five seconds, and you have only 3.

in the recording itself, there a several overly long pauses at 1:57 – 2:03 and 6:11 – 6:14 This should be shortened.
I would also suggest doing some noise reduction. The background hum is quite strong. Let me know if you need some help on this; We also have some good tutorials on this.

Finally the file name is wrong. I'm not sure why you uploaded this as Section 3. It is Section 15, as you should see in the Magic Window.
Also, as specified in the naming format, the section number needs to be two digits with the leading zero, but you won't have to worry about that when you upload your corrected recording. But, please do not add .mp3 because this is added when you upload the file, and just results in a duplication as you will see.

When you post the link to your new file, don't forget to give the file length as mm:ss This helps us a lot.
===
Just as an extra comment, but nothing that needs to be change:
I found your breath sounds a little loud. Breath sounds do not need to be eliminated entirely, no should they be, but in places it is quite pronounced. This can be improved in part by changing the way one takes a breath. I tend to suck in air through my teeth and mouth, so I get a lot of this myself, so I try to breath more from my diaphragm (like my speech teacher told me) and open my mouth a bit. You might also turn down your mike gain or change the position of you mic. Just play around with some options. Again, this is just pro-level stuff, since that is what you said you're aiming at. You got one of those envious recording voices and a great reading style! I think you will go far as a voice artist! :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classicbookoldtestament_15_maclear_128kb.mp3

Great feedback. Finally able to get this to you. I got more comfortable with the mic so that should hep with breath and placement. Noise reduction was used as well.

As for file names, work in progress but I expect it not to happen again. Please let me know your thoughts. I am sure they will be in-depth, merciless, and much needed!
thomhaire

Post by thomhaire »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

thomhaire wrote: December 24th, 2020, 8:16 am https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classicbookoldtestament_15_maclear_128kb.mp3

Last time I promise.

Runtime 12:22.61
Great!
I'll listen as soon as I can.
Family days for awhile. :)
~ Larry
thomhaire

Post by thomhaire »

silverquill wrote: December 24th, 2020, 8:57 am
thomhaire wrote: December 24th, 2020, 8:16 am https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classicbookoldtestament_15_maclear_128kb.mp3

Last time I promise.

Runtime 12:22.61
Great!
I'll listen as soon as I can.
Family days for awhile. :)
:clap: Happy Christmas!
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

Hello
Please see my second submission for review
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_45_maclear_128kb.mp3
Runtime 14m 52s