Complete - [CHILDREN'S FICTION/RELIGION] Helen Lester by Pansy-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Hi, Lily,

Just one more thing with Chapter 8, and then it will be perfect!

0:17: Please say: "Chapter 8. For Jesus' Sake."

You did a beautiful job of cleaning the background noise, or re-recording that snippet-section without it. For me personally, I always find I have to record, which can be inconvenient--so if that was the case with you, too, I admire your fortitude! I hate to be the bad guy, and you're probably getting tired of staring technicalities in the face, but you're almost done. After that chapter title, this will be PL OK and such a joy to hear!

In Him,

Bethesda-Lily
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Chapters 9 and 10 are both PL OK!
Pianolil

Post by Pianolil »

bethesdalily wrote: November 21st, 2020, 2:25 am Hi, Lily,

Just one more thing with Chapter 8, and then it will be perfect!

0:17: Please say: "Chapter 8. For Jesus' Sake."

You did a beautiful job of cleaning the background noise, or re-recording that snippet-section without it. For me personally, I always find I have to record, which can be inconvenient--so if that was the case with you, too, I admire your fortitude! I hate to be the bad guy, and you're probably getting tired of staring technicalities in the face, but you're almost done. After that chapter title, this will be PL OK and such a joy to hear!

In Him,

Bethesda-Lily

Hello! I edited it and hope it works, thanks! https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/helenlester_08_pansy_128kb.mp3, 8:58
Jeeli

Post by Jeeli »

Hello, may I claim Chapter 3: Brother Fred?
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Jeeli wrote: November 28th, 2020, 8:34 pm Hello, may I claim Chapter 3: Brother Fred?
Welcome to LibriVox, Jeeli! I see that this is your first post, so there is one step we need you to do before beginning to record for any projects. But I will place a hold on your requested section so it should still be waiting for you when you’re all set!

First, we need you to record a “1 Minute Test” for review. As LibriVox explains, “This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.” Once that recording has been approved, you are ready to come back here and start recording your section! Just ask if you have any questions.

Also, if you would prefer a different name than your forum username to be used for your credits in the catalogue, let us know. Some readers use the same in both places, while others use their real name or a nickname.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Leahbeiz

Post by Leahbeiz »

Hello! I would love to read section14 Another Happy Day. May I please be able to read that section? Thank you so much and God bless! :)
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Leahbeiz wrote: November 30th, 2020, 4:28 pm Hello! I would love to read section14 Another Happy Day. May I please be able to read that section? Thank you so much and God bless! :)
Welcome to LibriVox, Leahbeiz! I see that this is your first post on the forum, so I will copy the same startup information that I explained to the previous volunteer.

There is one step every reader needs to do before beginning to record for any projects. But I have placed a hold on your requested section so it should still be waiting for you when you’re all set!

First, we need you to record a “1 Minute Test” for review. As LibriVox explains, “This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.” Once that recording has been approved, you are ready to come back here and start recording your section! Just ask if you have any questions.

Also, if you would prefer a different name than your forum username to be used for your credits in the catalogue, let us know. Some readers use the same in both places, while others use their real name or a nickname.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Jeeli

Post by Jeeli »

I have completed and been approved for the One Minute test Link here in case you want to see it:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=83937

And I have a recording of the chapter linked below :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/helenlester_03_pansy_128kb.mp3
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Jeeli wrote: December 1st, 2020, 5:46 pm I have completed and been approved for the One Minute test Link here in case you want to see it:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=83937

And I have a recording of the chapter linked below :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/helenlester_03_pansy_128kb.mp3
Wonderful... you are so prompt!

Do you have a duration for this chapter? Submitting that with your files helps us make sure nothing was lost while uploading.
~ Hannah
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Hi, Lily,

Chapter 8 is PL OK! Sorry it took so long--Thanksgiving, illness... You know how life goes. I loved your reading!

Joyfully,

Bethesda-Lily
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Chapter 3 is PL OK, and was a pleasure to listen to.
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I will claim Chapters 11 and 12
Russ Bruno
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Sorry, but I find that the mechanics of recording this book, the required version of which takes up the whole center of my screen and leaves almost no space for my Audacity window, is not practicable. So please ignore my claim of Chapters 11 and 12.
Russ Bruno
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Shasta wrote: January 1st, 2021, 3:51 pm Sorry, but I find that the mechanics of recording this book, the required version of which takes up the whole center of my screen and leaves almost no space for my Audacity window, is not practicable. So please ignore my claim of Chapters 11 and 12.
Sorry to hear the computer end of things didn't work out for you. If you would still be interested, you can feel free to copy and paste the text into whatever would fit better on your screen - or even print off chapters for recording. Just let me know if you wish to re-claim. Either way... hope you are having a good start to a new year!
~ Hannah
BinduveGG1

Post by BinduveGG1 »

Hello,
I would like to read Chapter 12 Eddie's Goodnight. Please assign. Thanks