[PHILOSOPHY] Ontology, or the Theory of Being by Peter Coffey philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

hlgolds wrote: May 1st, 2021, 5:48 pm Hello,

Saw the DPL ad. I also see that Rapunzelina has been doing some proof listening. I am a newbie, but very interested in this topic. I'd like to try my hand at listening to a section or two, but I'll gladly move on if Rapunzelina wants to take on the project solo.

hgolds
Welcome and thank you. The guidelines on prooflistening are linked in the first post of this project but please ask if anything is still confusing.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Saw the DPL ad. I also see that Rapunzelina has been doing some proof listening. I am a newbie, but very interested in this topic. I'd like to try my hand at listening to a section or two, but I'll gladly move on if Rapunzelina wants to take on the project solo.

hgolds
PLing is caught up at the minute, but please stay on for upcoming uploads. That would be great! :9:
aphorist

Post by aphorist »

Hello,
I'd like to record Chapter XII Part 1.
I will try to take also part 2 and 3, but do not wish to commit myself before completing the former.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I've signed you up for Section 36 - Chapter XII Part 1. Thank you for volunteering. By what name would you like to be credited in the catalogue? It could be just your forum name, or something else.
aphorist

Post by aphorist »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 5th, 2021, 11:50 am I've signed you up for Section 36 - Chapter XII Part 1. Thank you for volunteering. By what name would you like to be credited in the catalogue? It could be just your forum name, or something else.
My forum name would be okay, thanks
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

And here is your Reader Page in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/reader/16185 which you can also access from your name-link in the Magic Window. It lists the projects you read for, and can also help you keep track of your sections in ongoing projects under the "Reader Section Details" link.

Enjoy recording! :D
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

philchenevert wrote: May 1st, 2021, 6:30 pm

hgolds
Welcome and thank you. The guidelines on prooflistening are linked in the first post of this project but please ask if anything is still confusing.
Hi,

Looks like it's sorted out now... If you are taking claims now, I would like to claim Section 11 (Chapter 3, part3) please.

Thanks,
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I've signed you up for section 11. Thanks for claiming!
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 27th, 2021, 2:38 am I've signed you up for section 11. Thanks for claiming!
Thanks
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

Hi, may I claim 7, Chapter 2, Part 2?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Definitely! Thank you for claiming, Rolga! By what name would you like to be credited as a Reader in the catalogue?
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

Rapunzelina wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 9:30 am Definitely! Thank you for claiming, Rolga! By what name would you like to be credited as a Reader in the catalogue?
Rolga is fine. thx :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Cool! Here's your Reader page in the catalogue https://librivox.org/reader/16296 which you can also access from your name link in the magic window. It lists the projects you read for, and can also help you keep track of your sections in ongoing projects under the Reader Section Details link :D
Seriph

Post by Seriph »

I am resubmitting these for review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ontologyorthetheoryofbeing_01_coffey_128kb.mp3
3:57
Previous comment: "All fine, but the periods of silence at the very beginning and the end of your recording. The beginning silence should be between .5 and 1 second. The closing silence should be 5 seconds."

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ontologyorthetheoryofbeing_03_coffey_128kb.mp3
53:29

Seriph
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you Seriph! Glad to see you back!
Just to make sure for the spot-check, did you address these pl notes for section 3?

Rapunzelina wrote: April 27th, 2021, 2:46 pm I listened to Section 3, PL notes:
at 40:30, 41:10 and 47:37 the reader included their own paraphrase/translation for the Latin text. (to be removed)

at 49:56, there's a sound glitch on the phrase "A system that will offer the most satisfactory solutions"