[PHILOSOPHY] Ontology, or the Theory of Being by Peter Coffey philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Seriph wrote: November 18th, 2020, 5:40 pm This looks like a really interesting project. I see that you are still working out the logistics.

I would be interested in contributing the Preface and the two parts of the Introduction.

I have read for one other project, which was a technical report on nuclear physics.
Hi Seriph. this project will probably be moved to Abandoned or On Hold shortly; the technical aspects are just too daunting. I might open it up for a group project and will post in this thread if I do. Thanks for asking.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

philchenevert wrote: November 18th, 2020, 5:52 pm
Seriph wrote: November 18th, 2020, 5:40 pm This looks like a really interesting project. I see that you are still working out the logistics.

I would be interested in contributing the Preface and the two parts of the Introduction.

I have read for one other project, which was a technical report on nuclear physics.
Hi Seriph. this project will probably be moved to Abandoned or On Hold shortly; the technical aspects are just too daunting. I might open it up for a group project and will post in this thread if I do. Thanks for asking.
Hi I had no idea this project was still active. I assumed that no MC had come across it or posted in it. Are you going to MC?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi I had no idea this project was still active. I assumed that no MC had come across it or posted in it. Are you going to MC?
I have just been too preoccupied with real life things to review this project and do anything. I feel it would be a very difficult project. If I were to consider MCing it I'd probably ignore the footnotes and rearrange the sections or something. Not sure. I just know that reqiring the footnotes would be undoable. Anyway, yes, the project is still here, just haven't moved it yet. Any ideas?
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

philchenevert wrote: November 19th, 2020, 8:05 pm
I have just been too preoccupied with real life things to review this project and do anything. I feel it would be a very difficult project. If I were to consider MCing it I'd probably ignore the footnotes and rearrange the sections or something. Not sure. I just know that reqiring the footnotes would be undoable. Anyway, yes, the project is still here, just haven't moved it yet. Any ideas?
I have as of now removed the prerequisite for footnotes but as for rearranging the sections, what do you mean by that?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

shreyasethi wrote: November 21st, 2020, 9:33 pm
I have as of now removed the prerequisite for footnotes but as for rearranging the sections, what do you mean by that?
If you would be willing to proceed as Book Coordinator without the footnotes there would ne no need to rearrange sections and we could go ahead as they are set up.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

philchenevert wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 3:12 pm
shreyasethi wrote: November 21st, 2020, 9:33 pm
If you would be willing to proceed as Book Coordinator without the footnotes there would ne no need to rearrange sections and we could go ahead as they are set up.

Then I guess we can start with this project?
YAY! THANK YOU
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Then I guess we can start with this project?
YAY! THANK YOU
We are actually started and have been in ReadersWanted: Books. So now you wait for readers to claim sections. I suggest reading the first post again carefully to see that everything is as it should be for readers to know exactly what and how they will be recording the section. Yep, we are off into ontology. :D
I just noticed that you are requesting word perfect proof listening. Please explain again why you feel this is necessary? It will make it much harder to get a DPL.
Seriph

Post by Seriph »

I previously wrote: "I would be interested in contributing the Preface and the two parts of the Introduction."

I am still interested and would like to claim those sections.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Seriph wrote: November 25th, 2020, 8:16 am I previously wrote: "I would be interested in contributing the Preface and the two parts of the Introduction."

I am still interested and would like to claim those sections.
Great! The Book Coordinator will assign those to you when he gets online.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Hi!!

Thank you so much for claiming. I'm going to assign these 3 sections to you but in case you've already changed your mind please do let me know :D

Have a good day
-SS
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

Hi,
Could I claim Section 5 (chapter 1, part 2) please?
Thanks,
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

ritzee44 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:05 am Hi,
Thanks,
Hi! Yes that would be wonderful, thanks for claiming :)
-SS
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

shreyasethi wrote: January 5th, 2021, 10:11 pm
ritzee44 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:05 am Hi,
Thanks,
Hi! Yes that would be wonderful, thanks for claiming :)
-SS
Great, thanks :-)
SomethingClever

Post by SomethingClever »

I'd like to claim section 18 (chapter V) please

As a side note, I noticed some lines begin with numbers
"40. Ontological Truth Considered from Analysis of Experience."
"41. Ontological Truth Considered Synthetically, from the Standpoint of its Ultimate Real Basis"
"42. Ontological Truth a Transcendental Attribute of Reality"

I assumed that I should include the numbers in the recording, though I want to confirm that this is the case before I begin
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

SomethingClever wrote: January 9th, 2021, 7:51 am I'd like to claim section 18 (chapter V) please

As a side note, I noticed some lines begin with numbers
"40. Ontological Truth Considered from Analysis of Experience."
"41. Ontological Truth Considered Synthetically, from the Standpoint of its Ultimate Real Basis"
"42. Ontological Truth a Transcendental Attribute of Reality"

I assumed that I should include the numbers in the recording, though I want to confirm that this is the case before I begin
Yes, please read the numbers when they appear in the text. I will accept you claim for the BC. Have fun.