[PHILOSOPHY] Ontology, or the Theory of Being by Peter Coffey philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hlgolds

Post by hlgolds »

Section 11 PL OK.

After listening to this one without looking for word perfect, I can understand the wisdom of the prior set up. The subject is so deep it is almost impossible to maintain concentration without following along in the written copy. And I am interested in the subject!
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 15th, 2021, 1:34 pm
Rolga wrote: July 15th, 2021, 7:15 am yes, apologies for not being more clear ;) this is a test run before reading the whole assignment. there are some issues I'll be working to fix but still wanted to get some feedback to be sure since this is my first one.
I've had a listen now, and the reading is brilliant! Clear, easy to follow, relaxing even.

If you're worried about the background white noise, and thinking about using noise reduction, you can use the last 5 seconds of silence you'll leave at the end of the recording for the "Noise Profile". By "silence" we mean when the microphone keeps recording, while we have stopped reading. So the microphone will still catch the environmental room noise, and then you can use that as profile for the Noise Reduction.

I noticed you skipped the parentheses. These are still considered part of the text, so we need to include them in the recording in keeping with the "no changing the text" policy. I could suggest Google Translate for help in pronouncing some of those words, for example the Greek word μεταβολή: https://translate.google.com/?sl=el&tl=en&text=%CE%BC%CE%B5%CF%84%CE%B1%CE%B2%CE%BF%CE%BB%E1%BD%B5%0A&op=translate
You can hear the word by pressing the loud-speaker icon below the word. You can also ask for help with pronunciations in the forums, especially in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40285 It doesn't have to be perfect; just have fun with it! :D

thank you so much! :) Question: there are many single words in quotations, should I be saying 'quote & end quote' on each word? currently I've been putting an inflection in my voice for single words & saying the quotations for sentences, not single words. thanks again. rx
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Rolga! The way you do it works fine :thumbs:
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

Hi,

Could I claim Section 16 (Chapter 4, part 4) please?

Thanks,
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

And who can resist the continuing challenge of ontological discourse? :mrgreen:

I’ll take on section 23, Chapter VII Part 2, if I may?

Owlivia/ Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you! I've signed you up, Ritzee and Owlivia!
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Can I do Chapter XI Part 1 and Part 2?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Jake! I've signed you up!
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:52 pm Thank you, Jake! I've signed you up!
Great, thanks. Just to say, I think the sections I've been assigned in the MW are wrong. It says 33 and 34, but I think it should be 34 and 35!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Oh, sorry about that! I didn't check twice. It should be fine now! Thank you!
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Here are both of my Sections:

Section 34: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ontologyorthetheoryofbeing_34_coffey_128kb.mp3 - 26m01s
Section 35: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ontologyorthetheoryofbeing_35_coffey_128kb.mp3 - 38m48s

Did anyone else have a sort of existential crisis while recording their sections? I felt by the end like I had never existed, or if I indeed existed...was I even speaking English when I started recording, and was I still speaking English now, or was it all an illusion?......

Good luck PL'ing :lol: :lol:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

:lol:

Thank you, Jake! I'll mark them Ready for PL in the Magic Window.
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

Hi Team, I'm needing an extension, I should be able to catch up a lot this week :) thx!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Rolga wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 8:10 am Hi Team, I'm needing an extension, I should be able to catch up a lot this week :) thx!
That is no problem. And thanks for letting us know.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Rolga

Post by Rolga »

Section 07:
philchenevert wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 8:52 am Re: [PHILOSOPHY] Ontology, or the Theory of Being by Peter Coffey philc
pages 61-69

UPLOAD: Section 07, Pgs. 61-69

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ontologyorthetheoryofbeing_07_coffey_128kb.mp3

ironically I had so many 'changes' happen while recording this, I had to relocate space 3 times! :lol:
It'll get better ;) but for now practice & done is better than waiting ;)

Rxo