~CLASSICS] The Public Orations of Demosthenes -Leni

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 15th, 2020, 3:06 pm

RSerling wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 10:15 am
Hello Leni!

I've finished recording Section 24 of Public Orations, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_24_demosthenes_128kb.mp3. The recording length is 14' 46".

As a note, this section includes a full breakdown of Demosthenes' On the Crown at the end. To make it clearer for the reader, I've organized the outline into sections, parts, and subparts, as provided in the document: I name the section first (section 1, section 2, etc.), then its accordant parts (part 1, part 2, etc.), then its accordant subsections (part 1a, part 1b, etc.), when appropriate. In the interest of being consistent, please let me know if I divert from this system in the recording!

Thank You!

- R
I'll listen to it soon, thanks much!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

devantatlow
Posts: 11
Joined: December 9th, 2020, 10:13 am

Post by devantatlow » December 15th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Hi Leni,
Here is the Third Olynthiac https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_07_demosthenes_128kb.mp3 Runtime is 25:00. I did not say the numbers in brackets from the script, as they were often in the middle of sentences, breaking them up and did not seem to have an organizational purpose. If that is an issue, just let me know. I'd like to be credited as Devan Tatlow.

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 15th, 2020, 9:41 pm

Catching up with the PLing here, sections 23 and 9 are PL OK!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 15th, 2020, 9:41 pm

devantatlow wrote:
December 15th, 2020, 3:47 pm
Hi Leni,
Here is the Third Olynthiac https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_07_demosthenes_128kb.mp3 Runtime is 25:00. I did not say the numbers in brackets from the script, as they were often in the middle of sentences, breaking them up and did not seem to have an organizational purpose. If that is an issue, just let me know. I'd like to be credited as Devan Tatlow.
Ok, thanks, I will PL soon!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 15th, 2020, 9:58 pm

RSerling wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 10:15 am
Hello Leni!

I've finished recording Section 24 of Public Orations, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_24_demosthenes_128kb.mp3. The recording length is 14' 46".

As a note, this section includes a full breakdown of Demosthenes' On the Crown at the end. To make it clearer for the reader, I've organized the outline into sections, parts, and subparts, as provided in the document: I name the section first (section 1, section 2, etc.), then its accordant parts (part 1, part 2, etc.), then its accordant subsections (part 1a, part 1b, etc.), when appropriate. In the interest of being consistent, please let me know if I divert from this system in the recording!

Thank You!

- R
Hey, Rodge

I have just PLed, and I think the parts make the divisions quite clear. The section is PL OK, thanks!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 16th, 2020, 8:46 pm

devantatlow wrote:
December 15th, 2020, 3:47 pm
Hi Leni,
Here is the Third Olynthiac https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_07_demosthenes_128kb.mp3 Runtime is 25:00. I did not say the numbers in brackets from the script, as they were often in the middle of sentences, breaking them up and did not seem to have an organizational purpose. If that is an issue, just let me know. I'd like to be credited as Devan Tatlow.
Hello! Good reading, there are only two small corrections to be made.

@03:45, there is a stumble on "in the latter month, after the Mysteries, and with reluctance..."
At the end of the recording, there are 12 seconds of silence, when there should be only 5.

Thanks!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

RSerling
Posts: 15
Joined: October 14th, 2020, 6:20 pm

Post by RSerling » January 7th, 2021, 11:33 am

Hello Leni!

I have finished recording Section 25 of Public Orations, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_25_demosthenes_128kb.mp3. The recording length is 24' 24".

If I could, I'd like to claim Section 26, On the Crown, Part 2. Thank You!

Sincerely,

- R
Roger Serling
================================================
"I challenge you to a duel!" - Behemoth the Cat, The Master and Margarita

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 7th, 2021, 4:19 pm

RSerling wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 11:33 am
Hello Leni!

I have finished recording Section 25 of Public Orations, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_25_demosthenes_128kb.mp3. The recording length is 24' 24".

If I could, I'd like to claim Section 26, On the Crown, Part 2. Thank You!

Sincerely,

- R
Thanks much! The new section is assigned, I will PL section 25 soon.
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 12th, 2021, 8:48 pm

RSerling wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 11:33 am
Hello Leni!

I have finished recording Section 25 of Public Orations, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_25_demosthenes_128kb.mp3. The recording length is 24' 24".

If I could, I'd like to claim Section 26, On the Crown, Part 2. Thank You!

Sincerely,

- R
Another excellent recording! It is PL OK!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

RSerling
Posts: 15
Joined: October 14th, 2020, 6:20 pm

Post by RSerling » January 13th, 2021, 8:58 pm

Leni wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 8:48 pm
RSerling wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 11:33 am
Hello Leni!

I have finished recording Section 25 of Public Orations, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_25_demosthenes_128kb.mp3. The recording length is 24' 24".

If I could, I'd like to claim Section 26, On the Crown, Part 2. Thank You!

Sincerely,

- R
Another excellent recording! It is PL OK!
Thank you, Leni. As an update, I did have a full recording of Section 26 nearly prepared for this week. In the process of editing it, I ran into the infamous Error 137. :roll: I will try to re-record/repair what I can; if not, I might be another week or so with Section 26.

Best,

Roger
Roger Serling
================================================
"I challenge you to a duel!" - Behemoth the Cat, The Master and Margarita

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 14th, 2021, 9:23 am

Oh no! It is always sad when something like that happens. Hoping for the best there, Roger!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

RodneyJ
Posts: 3
Joined: September 25th, 2011, 8:23 am

Post by RodneyJ » January 14th, 2021, 10:16 am

I would like to read Demosthenes 'On the Chersonese' Parts 1 and 2 - Sections 20 and 21

GeraldAMoe
Posts: 67
Joined: November 25th, 2020, 12:02 pm
Location: Tucker, GA USA
Contact:

Post by GeraldAMoe » January 14th, 2021, 3:52 pm

I would like to claim section 11 please.
It would be my 7th recording for Librivox so I'm somewhat experiencerd
Reading is fun, duh. Mental!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 14th, 2021, 6:48 pm

GeraldAMoe wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 3:52 pm
I would like to claim section 11 please.
It would be my 7th recording for Librivox so I'm somewhat experiencerd
Thanks, section assigned!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13373
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 14th, 2021, 6:50 pm

RodneyJ wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 10:16 am
I would like to read Demosthenes 'On the Chersonese' Parts 1 and 2 - Sections 20 and 21
Hello, and welcome to Librivox. I am assigning you the sections, but before you record them, I strongly suggest you try the 1-minute test, to make sure the technical specifications are all ok. All information about it is at https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Thanks!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Post Reply