[group] The White Czar: A Story of a Polar Bear - philc

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
JustinPaul
Posts: 16
Joined: November 10th, 2020, 8:57 am

Post by JustinPaul » November 17th, 2020, 7:51 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Thank you! I've put it in the MW for PL.
I'm pretty new here. Could you help me understand MW?

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1172
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » November 17th, 2020, 8:12 pm

JustinPaul wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 7:51 pm
RSlabaugh wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Thank you! I've put it in the MW for PL.
I'm pretty new here. Could you help me understand MW?
When I wrote that I wondered briefly if you would know what I meant, because I remember when I was new there were quite a few of those!! MW = Magic Window (Which doesn't actually involve magic, but is where the files get saved and organized before cataloging.)

Have you discovered these others?
*MC - meta coordinator
*BC - book coordinator
*PL - proof listen
*DPL - dedicated proof listener
*DR - dramatic reading
And of course: LV - LibriVox!! :wink:

I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of right now. But... Did that answer the question?

EDIT: If you want to check out more: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Glossary
~Rosebud

JustinPaul
Posts: 16
Joined: November 10th, 2020, 8:57 am

Post by JustinPaul » November 17th, 2020, 9:05 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 8:12 pm
JustinPaul wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 7:51 pm
RSlabaugh wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Thank you! I've put it in the MW for PL.
I'm pretty new here. Could you help me understand MW?
When I wrote that I wondered briefly if you would know what I meant, because I remember when I was new there were quite a few of those!! MW = Magic Window (Which doesn't actually involve magic, but is where the files get saved and organized before cataloging.)

Have you discovered these others?
*MC - meta coordinator
*BC - book coordinator
*PL - proof listen
*DPL - dedicated proof listener
*DR - dramatic reading
And of course: LV - LibriVox!! :wink:

I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of right now. But... Did that answer the question?

EDIT: If you want to check out more: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Glossary
That was extremely helpful! Thank you!

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1172
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » November 17th, 2020, 9:20 pm

I just listened to this... Excellent reading!! I especially liked the voice changes! :)

The end silence I believe is a little over 6 seconds. Could you please trim that to around 5 seconds and re-upload? Otherwise everything is looking tip-top! :thumbs:
~Rosebud

MinaG
Posts: 10
Joined: March 25th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Post by MinaG » November 18th, 2020, 6:52 am

Hi Phil,
if not already claimed, can I take section 15 please?
Thanks,
Mina

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1172
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » November 18th, 2020, 8:05 am

MinaG wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 6:52 am
Hi Phil,
if not already claimed, can I take section 15 please?
Thanks,
Mina
You got it! Thanks for joining the project! :)

(I'm filling in a bit for Phil as he's settling into a new house.)
~Rosebud

JustinPaul
Posts: 16
Joined: November 10th, 2020, 8:57 am

Post by JustinPaul » November 18th, 2020, 11:31 am

RSlabaugh wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 9:20 pm
I just listened to this... Excellent reading!! I especially liked the voice changes! :)

The end silence I believe is a little over 6 seconds. Could you please trim that to around 5 seconds and re-upload? Otherwise everything is looking tip-top! :thumbs:
There we go. And thank you for the voice comment. I feel it's my weak suit so I'm trying hard to work on it. And could I grab section 16 please?

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/whiteczar_14_hawkes_128kb.mp3

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1172
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » November 18th, 2020, 2:23 pm

JustinPaul wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 11:31 am
RSlabaugh wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 9:20 pm
I just listened to this... Excellent reading!! I especially liked the voice changes! :)

The end silence I believe is a little over 6 seconds. Could you please trim that to around 5 seconds and re-upload? Otherwise everything is looking tip-top! :thumbs:
There we go. And thank you for the voice comment. I feel it's my weak suit so I'm trying hard to work on it. And could I grab section 16 please?

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/whiteczar_14_hawkes_128kb.mp3
I’ll put you in for 16, and will check 14 soon. Thanks for both! :9:
~Rosebud

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1172
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » November 18th, 2020, 2:49 pm

JustinPaul wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 11:31 am

There we go. And thank you for the voice comment. I feel it's my weak suit so I'm trying hard to work on it. And could I grab section 16 please?

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/whiteczar_14_hawkes_128kb.mp3
Section 14 Spot PL OK :thumbs:

Thank you!
~Rosebud

ConanTheReader
Posts: 48
Joined: July 19th, 2020, 9:48 pm

Post by ConanTheReader » November 18th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Hi there. Section 13 ready for next step.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/whiteczar_13_hawkes_128kb.mp3 21m 54s
Peace
ConanTheReader

JustinPaul
Posts: 16
Joined: November 10th, 2020, 8:57 am

Post by JustinPaul » November 18th, 2020, 8:39 pm

Section 16 Chapter 14 good to go! Hope the ending sounds good!


https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/whiteczar_16_hawkes_128kb.mp3

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1172
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » November 18th, 2020, 9:06 pm

ConanTheReader wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 6:32 pm
Hi there. Section 13 ready for next step.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/whiteczar_13_hawkes_128kb.mp3 21m 54s
Thank you! It's in the MW...
~Rosebud

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1172
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » November 18th, 2020, 9:07 pm

JustinPaul wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 8:39 pm
Section 16 Chapter 14 good to go! Hope the ending sounds good!


https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/whiteczar_16_hawkes_128kb.mp3
Wow! You were quick with this one! :thumbs:

Thanks,
~Rosebud

JustinPaul
Posts: 16
Joined: November 10th, 2020, 8:57 am

Post by JustinPaul » November 18th, 2020, 9:33 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 9:07 pm
JustinPaul wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 8:39 pm
Section 16 Chapter 14 good to go! Hope the ending sounds good!


https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/whiteczar_16_hawkes_128kb.mp3
Wow! You were quick with this one! :thumbs:

Thanks,
Thank you lol. This chapter tended to flow a little more smoothly. Translation: I didn't screw up the words as much and got a few things on the first and second takes.

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1172
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » November 19th, 2020, 7:02 am

ConanTheReader wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 6:32 pm
Hi there. Section 13 ready for next step.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/whiteczar_13_hawkes_128kb.mp3 21m 54s
PL notes:
*End silence is ~7 seconds... Could you please trim to ~5 seconds?
*Optional edit, ~10:20 there seems to be a patch that stands out more. If there isn't anything to do for it, we can think of it as an attention grabber for a climactic scene. ;)

I enjoyed the listen! Thanks,
~Rosebud

Post Reply