[FR] FULL: PIANISTS or other instrument players - Chansons et rondes enfantines, Weckerlin - ez

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Pianolil

Post by Pianolil »

Hi can I claim J'AI DU BON TABAC? Thanks!
MMMD2505

Post by MMMD2505 »

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words- Wait and Hope."

-The Count of Monte Cristo
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Pianolil wrote: November 1st, 2020, 9:38 pm Hi can I claim J'AI DU BON TABAC? Thanks!
Yes. Section 33 is yours, Lily. Welcome on board!

Thanks for section 56, Magda! It's all good. Now, I just need to learn the song (it's a completely new one to me) and hope dubbing starts working again on my Audacity (grmf...) when I have some time and no noise around.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
MMMD2505

Post by MMMD2505 »

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Thank you, thank you, Magda! :thumbs:
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Ezwa

Boileau

dii

Post by dii »

All 3 are great and PL OK! :clap:
Diana
MMMD2505

Post by MMMD2505 »

Hello! I'm back and wondering whether I could sign up for sections 11-22. I just really missed getting up at 5:00 A.M. so it would be quiet in my house for recording :lol: . Not actually but I did miss playing these fun songs!
-Magda

Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I know this is bad form, and I'm sorry, but I find that right now I can't even handle a piece as simple as #23, which I claimed. I'm throwing it back into the pot now while there's still time to give it to someone else.
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
misikis719

Post by misikis719 »

Hello! I'm wondering what kind of set-up the other pianists have used. Are you standing a microphone near the piano? Is anyone using a digital keyboard? I recorded everything by connecting my microphone via cord to the digital piano itself, but it almost sounds like the gain is maxed out. I'm wondering if I should just record the sound in the room instead? I can play these pieces just fine, it is the technical part that is slowing me down.

~Misikis
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

misikis719 wrote: December 5th, 2020, 4:10 pm Hello! I'm wondering what kind of set-up the other pianists have used. Are you standing a microphone near the piano? Is anyone using a digital keyboard? I recorded everything by connecting my microphone via cord to the digital piano itself, but it almost sounds like the gain is maxed out. I'm wondering if I should just record the sound in the room instead? I can play these pieces just fine, it is the technical part that is slowing me down.

~Misikis
The only thing I have in way of recording setup is a PC in the kitchen. I was a little stumped as to how to do it (my piano is in the living room), too. I ended up using my iPod (voice memos), emailed the files to myself, used Zamzar.com to convert them to .mp3, downloaded them, converted them to .AUP files by dragging them into a new Audacity window, and proceeded from there as normal (editing and uploading.) It was a kind of big process (as well as the fact that you can only use Zamzar to convert two files for free in 24 hours) but it was the most practical thing that worked for me, as I couldn’t get my regular mic setup into the living room.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello, everyone!

Magda, sections 11-22 are yours. I hope section 12 won't be too tricky.
I haven't forgotten section 54. But it's a bit difficult for me to sing these weeks. I hope to be able to get to it again in a week or two.

Nan, there's no worry and there's absolutely no rush for the project. Thanks for letting me know! The section 23 is back for grabs.

Misikis, if your microphone is connected directly to you piano, is there any way to decrease the volum going in the microphone settings of the OS or program you are using?

Grace, thanks for sections 42 and 45! I'll listen as soon as possible.
Ezwa

Boileau

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Grace,

Sections 42 and 45 are good. Thanks again! I'm hoping to get to singing them in a week or two, when I'm back to my normal setting.
There's just a little note though: the volume for the piano is a bit high. It will not affect those two sections but you might want to try to slightly lower the input volume for the next sections.
Ezwa

Boileau

misikis719

Post by misikis719 »

Dear Ezwa,
My sincerest apologies for taking so long on my recordings! I have found a way to record the sections I signed up for. I think this will work well.

I'm sharing here Section 5: À ma main droite, since it is short. Can you confirm that this is acceptable? I'm playing on a digital piano and I've set up the microphone near the keyboard. It picks up a bit of the sound of the keys clicking. I hope it isn't too much of a bother. If this sounds good, I can record the rest of the solos the same day I hear back from you. I know I've been over two months on this. I apologize!

https://librivox.org/uploads/ezwa/cre_amamaindroite_weckerlin_piano_128kb.mp3
Time: 00:54.

Sincerely,
Misikis