[FR] FULL: PIANISTS or other instrument players - Chansons et rondes enfantines, Weckerlin - ez

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Chansons et rondes enfantines avec accompagnements de Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin (1821 - 1910).

This project is a collaborative one in the sense that piano players (keyboard players or other musicians, why not) are wanted. I will be singing all sections along. So, the sections for grabs are for instrument players only.
The players will be sending their recording(s), I will sing along and submit the mixed files for PLing as we go.
If you're interested but don't feel like playing one of the music sheets 2, 3, 4, 6, ..., 19 times, we could try with you playing it once, twice or thrice and editing the recording to get to as many repeats as required. That is for the ones that have the same tune repeated over and over again (no special note in the MW).

I will put a bit more information on each section in the MW in the near future so that it's a bit easier to choose from. Each tune can be listened to on the wikisource link.
à venir ( Ezwa)
    1. How to claim a music part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to play, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to play (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the piano players who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other players to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the music sheet and text? Source text (please only play from this text!): https://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Chansons_et_rondes_enfantines or https://www.archive.org/details/chansonsetrondes00weck
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard.
      Note that prooflistening will be asked once both the music and singing are submitted.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      PIANISTS:
      • At the beginning of your recording, please say something like "1-2..." or "1,2,3,4" before you start playing the piano to give me the measure so that I know when to start singing along.
      • At the end of your recording, please say: "Piano played by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]. This Librivox recording is in the public domain"
      • Please leave 10 seconds of silence at the end of your recording.

START of recording (Intro)
      • 1rst section "Avant-propos de Chansons et rondes enfantines. Ceci est un enregistrement LibriVox. Tous nos enregistrements appartiennent au domaine public. Pour vous renseigner à notre sujet ou pour participer, rendez-vous sur LibriVox POINT org. Avant-propos de Chansons et rondes enfantines avec accompagnements de Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin."
      • Following sections "[Titre] de Chansons et rondes enfantines avec accompagnements de Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin. Cet enregistrement LibriVox fait partie du domaine public. [Titre]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "Fin de [Titre]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Enregistré par [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]. Piano played by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]. This Librivox recording is in the public domain"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "Fin de Chansons et rondes enfantines avec accompagnements de Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      PIANISTS, save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      cre_titlewithoutspaces_weckerlin_piano_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case). e.g. cre_questcequipasseicisitard_weckerlin_piano_128kb.mp3

Save final files as
      128 kbps MP3
      cre_titlewithoutspaces_weckerlin_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case). e.g. cre_questcequipasseicisitard_weckerlin_128kb.mp3
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin
      Title: [Section title]
      Album: Chansons et rondes enfantines

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: ez - ezwa
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below

===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: FS5ndN2X
    [*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Weckerlin
    [*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 58
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1870
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction; Poetry

Keywords that describe the book: "nursery rhymes"[/size]
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
dii

Post by dii »

Glad to be of service again! :D
Diana
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Lovely to see you here, Diana! I understand I write you in as DPL.

Here is section 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/ezwa/cre_avantpropos_weckerlin_128kb.mp3 (3:09)
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

dii

Post by dii »

Section 1 is OK! :)
Diana
GraciousPanda

Post by GraciousPanda »

Hi Ezwa! I would love to play a few of these pieces. Could I take #30 and #35 for now, and record more later on if those are successful?

Best wishes,
Grace
MMMD2505

Post by MMMD2505 »

Hello! Could I claim sections 49-57?

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words- Wait and Hope."

-The Count of Monte Cristo
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Thanks for PLing, Diana!

Grace, sections 30 and 35 are yours. Do you want to use "GraciousPanda" as your displayed name? And do you have a website you'd like it to link to?

Magda, sections 49-57 are yours. If you're not comfortable with playing some scores 6 or 19 times, I guess you could play them once, twice or thrice in a row and I could edit it to have the required number of repeats (we'd have to see how that work but I guess it should be feasible).

ETA: I'm not sure "Readers Wanted" is the place to be (rather than "Dramatic Works") but that's where the thread is now.
Ezwa

Boileau

Nedge

Post by Nedge »

May I have Section 23, please?
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Section 23, Frère Jacques, is yours, Nan.
Ezwa

Boileau

GraciousPanda

Post by GraciousPanda »

Yes I'd like to use GraciousPanda as my displayed name - no website though.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

You're in as GraciousPanda, Grace.
Ezwa

Boileau

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Ezwa,
how should I do the cues? like a knock on the piano before I start, or something? I’ll take a look at the sections today and see if I’ll take a couple.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Could I please start with section 2? I finally figured out how to transfer voice memos from my phone to Audacity, haha! :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Rachel,

Section 2 is yours.
For the cue, it is for me to know the tempo and when you'll start the piece so I can start at the same time. For section two, you could play the first bar with your right hand, leave a silence of the same length as those first two notes and start, all in the same tempo. So, it would be "fa, fa, silence, silence, start."
Let me know if my explanation is not clear.
Have fun!
Ezwa

Boileau

Nedge

Post by Nedge »

This project is strangely serendipitous as I just spent a bonus check on a refurbished piano, after many years of not having one. I used to be intermediate pretty good, but have a lot of work to do to get to where I was.

However, these songs seem like the perfect project!
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021