[FR] FULL: PIANISTS or other instrument players - Chansons et rondes enfantines, Weckerlin - ez

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Welcome, chapter11!
You're in for section 47 "Promenons-nous dans les bois".
Under which name would you like to appear in the catalogue? (It can be you nickname, your real name or whatever else.)

Misikis,
I've not forgotten about the parts I have to listen to but life is getting in the way. I'll get to them though.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
dii

Post by dii »

All completed files are now marked PL OK. I don't mind the clogs in Polichinelle :)
Diana
chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

Ezwa,
Wonderful, thank you! Please list me in the catalogue as "Jolina Ann Rice"
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Thank you, Diana!

chapter 11, here's the page where you'll find all the projects you take part in as reader (or piano player ;o)).

À bientôt !
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

Thank you for the link, Ezwa! Looking forward to learning the piece this weekend - simple and fun little tune with some mots que je ne sais pas! : )
chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

Ezwa, just dropping by to let you know I'm still on this - I'll wrap up over the next couple of weeks. The piece is easy to play, but I may have questions to ensure I'm adding enough verses and spoken parts in the right place.
Bon weekend!
Pianolil

Post by Pianolil »

Hello, here is J'ai du bon tabac! I am sorry that it took me so long to record this. I hope it works! Thanks!

Duration: 00:52 https://librivox.org/uploads/ezwa/cre_jaidubontabac_weckerlin_piano_128.mp3
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Chapter11, no worries.

Pianolil, thank you! I should be able to give it a listen this week, with Misikis' last pieces.
Ezwa

Boileau

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello !

Misikis, I finally got to listen to your pieces (01 - Ah! mon beau chateau : 23 - Frère Jacques ; 26 - Il court, il court, le furet ; 36 - La plus aimable a mon gre ; 39 - La Mere Michel ; 40 - Meunier, tu dors) which are all PL OK.

Pianolil, I got to listen to yours as well. The volume seems a bit loud but it's PL OK too.

Thank you!
Ezwa

Boileau

Pianolil

Post by Pianolil »

ezwa wrote: June 25th, 2021, 2:09 pm
Pianolil, I got to listen to yours as well. The volume seems a bit loud but it's PL OK too.

Thank you!
Thanks! Would you like me to lower the volume a little?
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

No, no, it's fine, Pianolil. I tweak the volumes a bit anyway when I put everything together.
Ezwa

Boileau

chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

Hello ezwa,

I just recorded and will be doing some basic editing tomorrow (deleting repeats where I made mistakes, that sort of thing). The big hurdle was learning, for the first time, how to record on my digital piano . I hit a snag trying to record to a memory card, so I ended up learning to hook it up to a computer and record straight into Audacity (using the usual LibriVox Audacity settings, of course!). I hope it all turns out well! I'll be in touch very soon.

-chapter11
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Thanks for letting me know, chapter11 !

For my part, I stil haven't got the chance to record, real life being a bit hectic lately.
Ezwa

Boileau

chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

Hi, Ezwa - I finally put this together. I hope this is okay, but I still have the project files if you need me to fix anything. https://librivox.org/uploads/ezwa/cre_promenonsnousdanslesbois_128kb.mp3

- In the beginning, I say "One and two and..." and then, right after that, there is a single note that plays for 3 beats--this is the first note in the piano part, before the vocal part begins (it's the first one and a half measures).
- At the end of the song, I leave 10 seconds before I say the "Piano played by..." part, and I left another ~10 seconds after. I wasn't sure if I should leave 5 or 10 after everything, so I erred on the side of caution.
- I didn't add a lot of dynamics to this piece--everything is more or less played with equal loudness (it seemed best to do it this way, but if I were not trying to be as precise as possible, I'd probably do it differently)

In the interest of time, I ended up recording this with the mic near the piano, but if I took another one of these (to finish in a month or less this time!), I'd probably record (slightly) more sophisticated way.

Also, hope things are less hectic for you these days!

-chapter11
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello, chapter11!

Thanks for the piece! It's all PL OK. Listening to it a first time, I did fear there was no space between you saying "two" and the beginning of the piano but there is a silence so, it's good. :D
For the silence at the end, I'd say a bit too much is not bad for the piano files. So, there's no worry. I initially asked for 10 seconds of silence at the very end in case I needed to use some of it elsewhere but I haven't had to so far (5 seconds would suffice, I guess).

Feel free to grab another piece if you want and to play it as you wish (even if it's not as precise). I'll just adapt my singing to it as much as I can.

Life's still hectic (I managed to make some time for the anniversary collection but haven't for my other LV projects, unfortunately) and it will probably be for a few more weeks/months. :(
Ezwa

Boileau