[RELIG.FICTION] The Elect Lady by George MacDonald - icequeen

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
JoshuaCoulter

Post by JoshuaCoulter » January 17th, 2021, 3:43 am

Please may I claim chapter 15.

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » January 17th, 2021, 8:58 am

JoshuaCoulter wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 3:43 am
Please may I claim chapter 15.
Welcome to LibriVox, JoshuaCoulter! I see that you are just getting started on the forum, so there is one step we need you to do before beginning to record for any projects. But I will place a 2 month hold on your requested section so it should still be waiting for you when you’re all set! (*See note on chapter below)

First, we need you to record a “1 Minute Test” for review. As LibriVox explains, “This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.” Once that recording has been approved, you are free to come back here and start recording your section! Just ask if you have any questions.

Also, if you would prefer a different name than your forum username to be used for your credits in the catalogue, let us know. Some readers use the same in both places, while others use their real name or a nickname.

*You may have noticed that the chapter you claimed contains some Scots Doric (or Lowland Scotch, I've also heard it called). If you are already familiar with the sound - great! If not, I would suggest first getting a feel for the sound and flow of it in another MacDonald recording: https://librivox.org/malcolm-by-george-macdonald/
If it proves too much of a challenge as you are just getting started here, feel free to ask for a chapter without it.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald

JoshuaCoulter

Post by JoshuaCoulter » January 20th, 2021, 11:37 am

Here is my one minute test, hope it is ok.
https://librivox.org/uploads/bart/test_yourforumname.mp3._.mp3

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » January 20th, 2021, 12:47 pm

JoshuaCoulter wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 11:37 am
Here is my one minute test, hope it is ok.
https://librivox.org/uploads/bart/test_yourforumname.mp3._.mp3
Thanks for promptly getting to this, Joshua! But could you post this over in the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" thread so the volunteers who are used to giving feedback on these tests can take a listen? Once they have marked it okay, you can come back to this thread to continue with your chapter.

Just a couple things to help you with the next step... At a glance it looks like you will need to rename your file and reupload as follows:

Your file name should be: test_JoshuaCoulter.mp3
I see that your file name came across with an extra "_.mp3". If you are using Audacity, it will add the extension automatically, so you should only save your file as: test_JoshuaCoulter

Then it looks like your file was uploaded to the wrong folder. Make sure to select "tests--tests" from the uploader's MC drop-down list before uploading.

Next, copy the link it provides when the upload is complete, and post it in a new thread in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum at this link: viewforum.php?f=21

In your post, please include the recording software (Audacity, Garage Band, etc), operating system (Windows or Mac) and mic type (USB or Analog) you are using as this will help those giving feedback.

You should hear back on that thread in a day or two.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:

AbbyRose

Post by AbbyRose » January 23rd, 2021, 2:56 pm

Hi! I'm just getting started here, and was wondering if you could hold Chapter 17 for me? I'm preparing to record and submit my one-minute test very soon. Thank you very much!

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » January 23rd, 2021, 5:10 pm

AbbyRose wrote:
January 23rd, 2021, 2:56 pm
Hi! I'm just getting started here, and was wondering if you could hold Chapter 17 for me? I'm preparing to record and submit my one-minute test very soon. Thank you very much!
Welcome to LibiVox, AbbyRose! I have done as you requested. Thank you for planning to work through the 1-minute test first. Just ask if you have any questions along the way!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:

benjaminpwhite

Post by benjaminpwhite » January 23rd, 2021, 7:24 pm

I will record section 11 "George and Andrew"

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » January 23rd, 2021, 7:52 pm

benjaminpwhite wrote:
January 23rd, 2021, 7:24 pm
I will record section 11 "George and Andrew"
Thank you, benjaminpwhite. You are taking an exciting step... moving from enjoying past recordings to now helping complete new audio books!

Since this is your first section claim, there is one step we need you to do before beginning to record for any projects. But I will place a 2 month hold on your requested section so it should still be waiting for you when you’re all set.

First, we need you to record a “1 Minute Test” for review. As LibriVox explains, “This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.” Once that recording has been approved, you are free to come back here and start recording your section! Just ask if you have any questions.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:

benjaminpwhite

Post by benjaminpwhite » January 24th, 2021, 12:50 pm

Just posted my test!

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » January 24th, 2021, 3:39 pm

:thumbs:
benjaminpwhite wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 12:50 pm
Just posted my test!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » January 29th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Section 14 has been orphaned.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » January 29th, 2021, 9:10 pm

benjaminpwhite wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 12:50 pm
Just posted my test!
Hi again, benjaminpwhite. You may want to check and see if your 1-minute test indeed posted or if something went wrong in that process. It doesn't show up in the list of your forum posts. (Sometimes we BCs have to seem "snoopy" and check there, but we're just trying to make sure things are working right in our projects!) Did you maybe upload the file but not get the link fully posted in a new thread in the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" forum?
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:

benjaminpwhite

Post by benjaminpwhite » February 1st, 2021, 8:33 pm

I don't think I posted in the thread. I will read the Instructions again more carefully.

benjaminpwhite

Post by benjaminpwhite » February 2nd, 2021, 3:15 pm

indeed, I never posted it in the forum. It is now posted (here it is, https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_benjaminpwhite.mp3)

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » February 2nd, 2021, 5:17 pm

benjaminpwhite wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 3:15 pm
indeed, I never posted it in the forum. It is now posted (here it is, https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_benjaminpwhite.mp3)
Thanks! You should hear back pretty soon on that thread.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for: