[COMPLETE] The Elect Lady by George MacDonald - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Ignitio wrote: October 18th, 2020, 10:31 am Can I claim chapter 4?
Welcome to LibriVox, Ignitio! I see that this is your first post, so there are a couple things you will need to do before beginning to record for any projects. But I will place a preliminary hold on your requested section for two weeks so it should still be waiting for you when you’re all set!

First, we need you to record a “1 Minute Test” for review. As LibriVox explains, “This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.” Once that recording has been approved, you are free to come back here and start recording your section! Just ask if you have any questions.

Also, please let me know if there is a special name you would like to use for credits in the catalogue. It can (but does not have to) be the same as your forum username. If you have a website you would like linked to your catalogue name, I can link that to your profile at this point as well.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Ignitio

Post by Ignitio »

Thanks for the information! Just posted my one minute test; hope to be back soon!
“Everything I am offered seeks to deliver man from the weight of his own life. But as I watch the great birds
flying heavily through the sky at Djemila, it is precisely a certain weight of life I ask for and obtain.”

― Albert Camus
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

Hi Hannah, chapter 10 is PL OK :)
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

julianpratley wrote: October 20th, 2020, 3:56 am Hi Hannah, chapter 10 is PL OK :)
Thanks so much, Julian!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
weezer

Post by weezer »

I would like to claim sections 5 and 7.
Thanks. Weezer
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

weezer wrote: October 21st, 2020, 4:03 pm I would like to claim sections 5 and 7.
Thanks. Weezer
Thanks so much, Weezer. Welcome to this project!
~ Hannah
Ignitio

Post by Ignitio »

My one minute test got accepted and I'm ready to go. I see that you already assigned me chapter 4, thanks! Ill do my best to make it a good first recording for LV.
“Everything I am offered seeks to deliver man from the weight of his own life. But as I watch the great birds
flying heavily through the sky at Djemila, it is precisely a certain weight of life I ask for and obtain.”

― Albert Camus
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Ignitio wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 12:41 pm My one minute test got accepted and I'm ready to go. I see that you already assigned me chapter 4, thanks! Ill do my best to make it a good first recording for LV.
Sounds good! Have fun, and just ask if you have any questions!
~ Hannah
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

May I claim chapters 8, 25, 27, and 28?
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

RomaSingh wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 4:47 pm May I claim chapters 8, 25, 27, and 28?
Thank you, RomaSingh, and welcome to this project!
~ Hannah
weezer

Post by weezer »

weezer

Post by weezer »

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

weezer wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 2:00 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_07_macdonald_128kb.mp3
duration: 4:22
Thanks. Weezer
Sections 5 and 7 are PL OK. Thank you, Weezer! You are on a roll with these George MacDonald books! Let me know if any more chapters look interesting to you.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I am puzzled... I am sure there was another post here this weekend from RomaSingh, but I can't find it now. I downloaded the audio for chapter 8 on my phone but didn't get onto my computer to run it through Checker yet. Unfortunately I had not moved the link to the MW either. Can it be retrieved, Ann?
~ Hannah
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

It is in my folder, here you go!

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_08_macdonald_128kb.mp3

I don't have a time duration for it, though.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!