[COMPLETE] The Elect Lady by George MacDonald - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benjaminpwhite

Post by benjaminpwhite »

JoannaHoyt wrote: February 24th, 2021, 4:25 am
benjaminpwhite wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 4:08 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_11_macdonald_128kb.mp3 17:03

Here is an updated version with the corrections. PS Checker is great.
Thank you! Chapter 11 is PL OK and quite clear now,and I do enjoy the vividness of your reading. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you!
benjaminpwhite

Post by benjaminpwhite »

I will do sections 20 and 30.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

benjaminpwhite wrote: February 25th, 2021, 5:23 am I will do sections 20 and 30.
Thank you, Ben!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

UnaSalusVictis wrote: February 24th, 2021, 5:15 pm I'm new to Librivox and waiting to make sure my audio gets approved, but I like the size of section 33: A Great Offering. Can I be penciled in for that section?
I see your 1-minute test is now complete. Enjoy recording!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Hello. I've done my 1 minute test and have been PL approved! :D Ready for section 26 please! And I would love to know how to pronounce "Dawtie"
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

SarahW wrote: February 26th, 2021, 12:08 pm Hello. I've done my 1 minute test and have been PL approved! :D Ready for section 26 please! And I would love to know how to pronounce "Dawtie"
Wonderful! Enjoy recording!

Thanks for asking... I think I pronounced Dawtie's name close to "dotty," but with a clear, aspirated "t" sound rather than softening to a "d" in the middle. Maybe also a hint of closing toward a "w". But I'm no authority on the dialect!
~ Hannah
UnaSalusVictis

Post by UnaSalusVictis »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_33_macdonald_128kb.mp3

My first recording (aside from the 1-min test)! Would love to hear any feedback.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

UnaSalusVictis wrote: February 27th, 2021, 1:48 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_33_macdonald_128kb.mp3

My first recording (aside from the 1-min test)! Would love to hear any feedback.
Exciting - thank you! Could you also let us know the duration of your file? That helps a DPL ensure that nothing got lost during uploading.
~ Hannah
UnaSalusVictis

Post by UnaSalusVictis »

HannahMary wrote: February 27th, 2021, 7:37 am
Exciting - thank you! Could you also let us know the duration of your file? That helps a DPL ensure that nothing got lost during uploading.
Audacity says the file is 4:34.977 in length.

All stats provided by the LibriVox Checker:
File Size: 4.2 MiB
Encoding Type: MPEG-1 Layer III (encoded with LAME3.100)
MP3 Format: 128 kbps 44,100 Hz Mono
Track Length: 4:35.04 (m:ss.ss)
Volume: 87.8 dB
DC Bias: +0 (-0.0011%)
Clipped Audio: 0 ms (0.00%)

I must have missed in the notes where we should provide the duration of the recording. Was there anything else that I missed?
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

UnaSalusVictis wrote: February 27th, 2021, 1:48 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_33_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Chapter 33 is PL OK and beautifully read. I'm also fairly new to reading for LibriVox and I'm especially impressed by how you've done the voices and the dramatic timing.
The only place where I could hear any room for improvement is that occasionally the ending consonants are a bit swallowed and don't sound clearly, but I was never in any doubt of the words and didn't have to consult the text--this was both vivid and clear. You could also go slightly louder--the target volume is 89 decibels, and the Amplify feature lets you adjust this--but I found your reading quite clear at the present volume. I wouldn't have mentioned either of these things if you hadn't asked about feedback.
And all you need to post is the link to the file and the duration of the file.

Thanks for reading this. I'm looking forward to hearing more readings from you.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
UnaSalusVictis

Post by UnaSalusVictis »

JoannaHoyt wrote: February 27th, 2021, 2:39 pm

Thanks for reading this. I'm looking forward to hearing more readings from you.
Thank you for all the feedback JoannaHoyt! I’ll take a look at those ending consonants and amplifying the noise to the target decibels next time. Appreciate it!
UnaSalusVictis

Post by UnaSalusVictis »

I’d be willing to read chapter 19 - Andrew and Alexa!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

UnaSalusVictis wrote: February 27th, 2021, 3:33 pm I’d be willing to read chapter 19 - Andrew and Alexa!
Thank you!
~ Hannah
UnaSalusVictis

Post by UnaSalusVictis »

JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Thank you! Chapter 19 is PL OK and beautifully read. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.