[COMPLETE] Book of Thousand Nights & a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 12-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

BrizeCrize wrote: March 10th, 2021, 2:28 pm Attached is section 29, which is my last on this volume. I'll be watching out for volume 13 to partake in some more Arabian action! Thanks for all the help!
Thanks, Brize - section 29 is PL OK. I think it likely that some of the assigned sections in this volume will turn out to be abandoned some time before it's time to start on vol. 13!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

As the PL notes for section 47 were just trimming silence and the reader hasn't logged in for three months, I took care of that edit for you. Ready for Spot PL. I amplified it a bit, too, although I couldn't do too much without clipping.

And yes, it looks like the other outstanding sections are all older than two months and are due to be orphaned unless the readers have requested extensions.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

mightyfelix wrote: March 20th, 2021, 11:09 am As the PL notes for section 47 were just trimming silence and the reader hasn't logged in for three months, I took care of that edit for you. Ready for Spot PL. I amplified it a bit, too, although I couldn't do too much without clipping.

And yes, it looks like the other outstanding sections are all older than two months and are due to be orphaned unless the readers have requested extensions.
Thanks, Devorah - I was meaning to ask whether that file could be edited in absentia.

I messaged all the December-allocated readers earlier today asking them to let me know by (next) Saturday if they were still engaged, so I'm expecting there'll be a flurry of new sections next weekend.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, simple fixes like that are fine for the BC/MC/DPL to take care of. Whoever's willing, really. Although of course it's preferable for the reader to take responsibility for it. The only times you really have to scrap it is when the edit requires re-recording.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 47 is Spot PL OK.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

SkyRider wrote: March 20th, 2021, 11:14 am I messaged all the December-allocated readers earlier today asking them to let me know by (next) Saturday if they were still engaged, so I'm expecting there'll be a flurry of new sections next weekend.
And, indeed, there are a few new opportunities for people wanting to be a part of this project. :)
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

I'm BAAACK! to these fascinating Arabian tales! First off, I'd like to take 52 IF is has been deemed abandoned. I see the date assigned of 6-1, which I take it to mean Jan. 6th, so PERHAPS it's been abandoned (or perhaps extended?). I'm not trying to elbow anybody off of The Singer and the Druggist, part 2, but since I previously did part one, figured it would be a good fit, if available.

Otherwise, how about section 43, The Sleeper and the Waker?

Either way, I'd be glad to help out. Let me know.
Thanks,
Brize
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Welcome back, Brize. I agree that 52 is probably abandoned but I'm hesitant to reallocate it without giving the original claimant an alert first. I'll PM them and if I don't hear back by Saturday it's yours.

Cheers,
Paul
simba

Post by simba »

SkyRider wrote: April 27th, 2021, 3:21 am Welcome back, Brize. I agree that 52 is probably abandoned but I'm hesitant to reallocate it without giving the original claimant an alert first. I'll PM them and if I don't hear back by Saturday it's yours.

Cheers,
Paul
I keep meaning to record but things have been coming up :oops: I'm sorry. I will try to get it done by this weekend.
My photography https://sim.photos
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

simba wrote: April 27th, 2021, 3:55 am I keep meaning to record but things have been coming up :oops: I'm sorry. I will try to get it done by this weekend.
No worries - it's not a race. I just wanted to make sure that the section hadn't simply been dropped.

For the avoidance of confusion, simba's section is a different one from the one Brize was asking about.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi Brize...
BrizeCrize wrote: April 21st, 2021, 2:19 pm First off, I'd like to take 52 IF is has been deemed abandoned.
I've had no response from the person that originally claimed section 52, so it's now yours.

Cheers,
Paul
acko20

Post by acko20 »

Hello

It appears 62 (The Weaver who Became a Leach by Order of his Wife) is currently open, and if so I'd like to read that.

Thanks,

Mike
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

acko20 wrote: May 4th, 2021, 11:05 pm It appears 62 (The Weaver who Became a Leach by Order of his Wife) is currently open, and if so I'd like to read that.
Glad to have you on board, Mike. Section 62 is all yours.

Cheers,
Paul
acko20

Post by acko20 »

SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

acko20 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 1:05 pm Recording for section 62:
Thanks, Mike - that's PL OK. You have a very comforting voice - it's like listening to a warm teapot!