[COMPLETE] Book of Thousand Nights & a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 12-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
acko20

Post by acko20 »

SkyRider wrote: May 11th, 2021, 7:21 am
acko20 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 1:05 pm Recording for section 62:
Thanks, Mike - that's PL OK. You have a very comforting voice - it's like listening to a warm teapot!
Thanks, Paul!
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Enclosed is Section 52, Straparola's Version, length 24:38

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_52_anonymous_128kb.mp3

I'd also be pleased to do Section 43, The Sleeper and the Waker, if desired.

Thanks,
Brize
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

BTW, can't tell you how much I enjoy being back in this...somewhat quirky book, vs the more...mainstream offerings. I used to worry about pronunciations of seemingly made-up words, but I noticed they're not even SPELLED consistently, so how wrong can the narrator be? Great stories, and no matter the language, the gist of the story makes itself quite clear. Thank you Mr or Ms Anonymous!
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Sorry Brize - I won't get the chance to PL this for a couple of days, but I have assigned you secion 43 while you wait.

Cheers,
Paul
dltrial

Post by dltrial »

I will take section 64.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

BrizeCrize wrote: May 12th, 2021, 8:49 am Enclosed is Section 52, Straparola's Version, length 24:38
Section 52 is PL OK - well done with those archaic spellings!
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

dltrial wrote: May 19th, 2021, 3:50 pm I will take section 64.
All yours - thank you!
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Attached is section 43, The Sleeper and the Waker, spanning 12:01

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_43_anonymous_128kb.mp3

I guess I'll request to work backwards on the primary remaining Chapter, "Tale of the Damsel Tohfat..." by requesting section 23 for my next recording.

Thanks, Brize
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

I've always loved these stories and would like to read section 19. I'm a first time recorder and would like to go by Trish Rutter.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Trutter00 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 2:49 pm I've always loved these stories and would like to read section 19. I'm a first time recorder and would like to go by Trish Rutter.
Welcome to LibriVox, Trish! I've assigned section 19 to you.

The name you have in the catalogue is attached to you rather than to the project, so you can't have a different name for different books. Someone has already created a reader page for you with a name of Trutter00 rather than your real name. Would you like me to ask one of the admins to change it? In case you've not discovered it yet, your reader page is at https://librivox.org/reader/16289

Cheers,
Paul
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

BrizeCrize wrote: May 26th, 2021, 8:14 am Attached is section 43, The Sleeper and the Waker, spanning 12:01
Thanks, Brize. I don't know what memb. stands for, but member seems as good an expansion as any. :-)

May I ask for a small correction, please? Or rather two in the same phrase. At 11m33s your audio reads: The latter endeavoured to convince him that corporeality he had not left his side, but that spirituality had been wrapped into Paradise... where it should read The latter endeavoured to convince him that corporeally he had not left his side, but that spiritually he had been wrapped into Paradise... I wouldn't normally comment on a small verbal slip, but my feeling is that saying spirituality gets wrapped into Paradise is substantively different from saying he (the superior) had been, hence was indisposed.

I've assigned you section 23. It feels as if we're getting close to completion!

Cheers,
Paul
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SkyRider wrote: June 1st, 2021, 1:16 am
Trutter00 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 2:49 pm I've always loved these stories and would like to read section 19. I'm a first time recorder and would like to go by Trish Rutter.
Welcome to LibriVox, Trish! I've assigned section 19 to you.

The name you have in the catalogue is attached to you rather than to the project, so you can't have a different name for different books. Someone has already created a reader page for you with a name of Trutter00 rather than your real name. Would you like me to ask one of the admins to change it? In case you've not discovered it yet, your reader page is at https://librivox.org/reader/16289

Cheers,
Paul
I can take care of that change, no problem! :thumbs:

EDIT: Done, here it is! https://librivox.org/reader/16289 Does everything look ok, Trish?
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

Looks fine, thanks for that :thumbs:
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

May I ask for a small correction, please? Or rather two in the same phrase. At 11m33s your audio reads: The latter endeavoured to convince him that corporeality he had not left his side, but that spirituality had been wrapped into Paradise... where it should read The latter endeavoured to convince him that corporeally he had not left his side, but that spiritually he had been wrapped into Paradise...
Thanks, Paul, for catching that. I recall feeling a little out of my depth on that passage, and obviously should have looked a little closer at the actual words...always a bad sign when you're not sure what it is you're saying. That 'memb.' kind of threw me too, and I actually did a little research, but basically found nothing...so perhaps I invented a new meaning for 'member'??? Oh well, it's a nice generic term anyway.

I'll get that correction back within a day or two.
Thanks,
Brize
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Attached is section 43, The Sleeper and the Waker , (corporeally and spiritually fixed at 11:33 of the waveform), and total time of 12:01. Thanks for the help
Brize

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_43_anonymous_128kb.mp3