[Complete] Prince and Heretic by Marjorie Bowen - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 21

The volume is too low at 69dB. Please amplify by about 20dB.
You have some peaks that may make this impossible, so I recommend the Compressor Effect. https://sites.google.com/site/librivideo/for-volunteers/recording#13 You can run this up to 3 times before it no longer has any affect.

There is a constant background noise, which should be cleaned.

I suggest you install the Checker program. It is free, safe and easy to use. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker

~1:33-1:37 Long pause. It is best to have pauses of 2 seconds or less.
~4:25-4:32 Long pause
~6:02 Loud click
~7:44-7:52 Long pause
~12:19 Loud click followed by inaudible section til 12:41. Try selecting that section and amplifying that alone to match the surrounding audio.
~18:20-19:41 there is a loud rumble which drowns out your voice. The rumble continues until 20:08. (Do you live near a train station?)
~23:21 Loud click followed by long pause

It sounds as if you are recording in several sessions. That is fine ,but I would suggest pausing rather than stopping the recording. You will get a smoother transition.

The reading itself is clear and although this looks like a long list of edits, they are all simple. Please reupload with the same file name.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapters 22 and 23 PL OK
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 24
The volume is too high at 93.3 dB. Please reduce by about 4 dB.
EVKesserich

Post by EVKesserich »

Saw this link when you helped me wrap up my solo project. I'd be happy to take Chapter 6, the Crystal Gazers. :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

EVKesserich wrote: June 14th, 2021, 11:56 am Saw this link when you helped me wrap up my solo project. I'd be happy to take Chapter 6, the Crystal Gazers. :)
Great!
JBReads

Post by JBReads »

Hey Lynnet,

Just wanted to give a heads up, I had some issues this weekend that delayed getting these chapters submitted.
I should have everything finished by the 20th, terribly sorry about the delay.
Jonathan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JBReads wrote: June 15th, 2021, 7:33 am Hey Lynnet,

Just wanted to give a heads up, I had some issues this weekend that delayed getting these chapters submitted.
I should have everything finished by the 20th, terribly sorry about the delay.
Not a problem. Life happens :mrgreen:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

If a reader wishes to claim chapter 1 without the French, I have found a French speaker who would read that and we could splice it in. However, as the book is not PD in Europe, she is unable to read the whole chapter.
lichen

Post by lichen »

Hi, Lynnet,

Thank you for proof reading and tentatively accept my recording. I did spent quite a long time editing while learning how to use audacity for first time. I like this religion novel though it is pretty challenging for a non native English speaker like me.

You are right my house is pretty close to the train track and I ended up re recording that session as the rumbling can not be erased for what I know. The noise was obvious with microphone on.

I hope the recording is acceptable now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/princeandheretic_21_bowen_128kbps.mp3

Linda
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lichen wrote: June 16th, 2021, 9:39 pm Hi, Lynnet,

Thank you for proof reading and tentatively accept my recording. I did spent quite a long time editing while learning how to use audacity for first time. I like this religion novel though it is pretty challenging for a non native English speaker like me.

You are right my house is pretty close to the train track and I ended up re recording that session as the rumbling can not be erased for what I know. The noise was obvious with microphone on.

I hope the recording is acceptable now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/princeandheretic_21_bowen_128kbps.mp3

Linda
Thank you.

If you find yourself being interrupted by a train again, I suggest you just wait til it passes. You can edit out the pause later. I do that when my dogs bark 8-)
AdriPrev

Post by AdriPrev »

I'll take section 1 (without the French) and section 28.
Adrienne "Adri" Prevost (she/her)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AdriPrev wrote: June 17th, 2021, 6:45 am I'll take section 1 (without the French) and section 28.
Thank you. Just record section 1 as you normally would and I will organize the rest. She has said she can record the verse this weekend, but I’m not in any rush.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 21 PL OK