[ECONOMICS/BIOGRAPHY] Little Journeys to the Homes of Great Businessmen - availle

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
KevinS

Post by KevinS » November 20th, 2020, 7:26 pm

Owlivia wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 8:07 pm
Section 15, Andrew Carnegie, Part 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/littlejourneys_greatbusinessmen_15_hubbard_128kb.mp3

26:31.09
PL OK!
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » November 21st, 2020, 1:02 pm

Section 18 recorded - must edit.

Thanks, Todd

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » November 22nd, 2020, 6:46 am

Thank you Todd!

Guess I'll need to get my own section in next! :)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

VermillionVoice

Post by VermillionVoice » Today, 4:09 pm

As this is my first project, just a quick question--in the newbie recording, I didn't see any guidance regarding de-breathing. Is doing so necessary, or can breaths be left in?

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » Today, 5:10 pm

Where did you get that idea from? :shock:

If that was recommended somewhere (most likely not on LV), that person is an idiot and you can quote me. :evil:

Of course there are levels here. If you breathe like you've just been dragged under water by a crocodile and you're trying to find the right spot between its ribs to push your knife in, we may want to look into this.
If you breathe like the average human being at rest, you can leave it well alone. Your breathing makes you sound less of a text-to-speech program, which is a good thing around here. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

VermillionVoice

Post by VermillionVoice » Today, 5:34 pm

That is perhaps the funniest description of loud breathing I have ever heard, and I want to thank you for making me laugh as hard as I did.

It was really more of a passing concern--it wasn't something anyone told me. I appreciate the feedback!