COMPLETE Heriot's Choice by Rosa Nouchette Carey-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

queued for PL and MW updated
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

ritzee44 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 10:25 pm Hi there,

Please find Chapter 17 for your review and feedback:

Length: 30:13

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heriotschoice_17_nouchettecarey_128kb.mp3

Thanks,

Also, could I claim Chapter 8 please?

Thanks,

Hi, thanks for chapter 17. Of course, chapter 8 is all yours. Have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

miss stav wrote: June 9th, 2021, 10:56 am
ritzee44 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 10:25 pm Hi there,

Please find Chapter 17 for your review and feedback:

Length: 30:13

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heriotschoice_17_nouchettecarey_128kb.mp3

Thanks,

Also, could I claim Chapter 8 please?

Thanks,

Hi, thanks for chapter 17. Of course, chapter 8 is all yours. Have fun.
Thank you 😊
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 17

The volume is 83dB which is too low. We aim for between 86-92 dB but ideally we would like it to be at 89 dB.
In Audacity you will also find the option to amplify under 'effects'.
How to amplify in Audacity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw
If you like you can use the checker tool to verify volume and other settings.
https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name and post in this thread. If you need any more help please just ask.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

wib66 wrote: June 18th, 2021, 4:18 pm PL Notes for section 17

The volume is 83dB which is too low. We aim for between 86-92 dB but ideally we would like it to be at 89 dB.
In Audacity you will also find the option to amplify under 'effects'.
How to amplify in Audacity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw
If you like you can use the checker tool to verify volume and other settings.
https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name and post in this thread. If you need any more help please just ask.
Hi,

here you go:

hope it's okay now?

Thanks,
wib66

Post by wib66 »

This is now PL OK
Michele
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav -

Just letting you know that I am recording my 3 sections now. They will be posted shortly. (Happy Smile)

Lynda
GwenPem

Post by GwenPem »

Hi Miss Stav,

Could I please read chapters 9 and 10?
This is my first recording, I would like to be credited as Gwen Pemberton.
Thank you!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

GwenPem wrote: June 28th, 2021, 3:41 pm Hi Miss Stav,

Thank you!
Hi Gwen - I am going to pop in and let you know for Miss Stav, as this is your first post, that you first need to do the 1 minute test and post it to the Listeners Wanted forum as mentioned in the e-mail that you received when you signed up. It is basically just checking that you have your system set up for recording correctly prior to jumping in and recording Chapters in a book. Once you get an OK that you have passed that then you are free to sign up for any recordings that you wish.

So take a peek at your welcome e-mail and post in the Listeners Wanted forum and I am sure I will see you back here in no time!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you!

Hello Gwen, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Sure, 9 and 10 are all yours. Have fun. Before you proceed, please submit a one- minute sampal recording, to make sure that your teccnical settings are all correct.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Lmnei wrote: June 28th, 2021, 5:27 pm

Thank you!
Hi Gwen - I am going to pop in and let you know for Miss Stav, as this is your first post, that you first need to do the 1 minute test and post it to the Listeners Wanted forum as mentioned in the e-mail that you received when you signed up. It is basically just checking that you have your system set up for recording correctly prior to jumping in and recording Chapters in a book. Once you get an OK that you have passed that then you are free to sign up for any recordings that you wish.

So take a peek at your welcome e-mail and post in the Listeners Wanted forum and I am sure I will see you back here in no time!

Lynda
Linda, I understand you had the best intentions. I am fully capeable of asking for assistance when I need one. Please do not pop in for me unless I explisidly ask for that. If you see that I do need assistance, please pm me about it first. Now I feel rather digraded.
In addition, it is not a test recording, we are not testing anybody. It is a sampal recording, to make sure that tecnical settings are correct. Calling it a test recording may sound frightening or stressful and this is not what we desire.
Last edited by miss stav on June 28th, 2021, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

HiLinda, thanks for your two chapters.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there Miss Stav -

Here is Chapter 36 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heriotschoice_36_nouchettecarey_128kb.mp3 - 43:05

Lynda
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks.