COMPLETE Heriot's Choice by Rosa Nouchette Carey-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 36 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapters 11 and 13 are PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Desiree15

Post by Desiree15 »

Good day,

May I take chapter 34? Thank you.
"Be an angel and reach for the stars. Sprinkle a little stardust, wherever you go." Desiree 😇 :9:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Desiree15

Post by Desiree15 »

miss stav wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:21 am Sure have fun.
Done.

Duration: 34:38
URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heriotschoice_34_nouchettecarey_128kb.mp3
"Be an angel and reach for the stars. Sprinkle a little stardust, wherever you go." Desiree 😇 :9:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Desiree15

Post by Desiree15 »

miss stav wrote: July 28th, 2021, 5:34 pm Huge thanks. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
It would be my pleasure. To be honest, I am planning to take up the remaining chapters, should no one else claim it for the next two weeks, (and once my PL is okay for chapter 34). But I would like to do that gradually. So I can manage the corrections, and give chance to those who may want to claim some.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, you can have the rest of the chapters. Others had a lot of time to claim them.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

As you all may have seen, Stav has had to make the decision to step away from LibriVox for awhile to focus on other things going on in her life: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88519

I wish her well, and I want to continue on with this project to its completion. So I have chosen to take over as BC of this book and see it through (unless there is an experienced BC here who would like to do so instead).

Desiree, I see that you are interested in reading the rest of the book, and that's great! I'd prefer to assign you maybe 3-4 chapters to work on at one time, though, in case new readers show up in the meantime and want to be involved. Does that sound ok to you? If so, please tell me which chapters you'd like to start on next, and I'll get them assigned to you. Also, there is no need to wait for a PL ok on one chapter before you start the next. I'd suggest that you continue recording (as time permits, of course) while waiting for PL. Then, if a change is required after PL, it's often a quick fix, and you're that much further ahead. :wink:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi
I am more than happy to take on BC of this project as I am already the DPL. If I can help with any other projects that I am working on with miss Stav please let me know as I am DPL on a few of them so would make sense for me to take on BC let me know your thoughts thanks.
Michele
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 11:13 am Hi
I am more than happy to take on BC of this project as I am already the DPL. If I can help with any other projects that I am working on with miss Stav please let me know as I am DPL on a few of them so would make sense for me to take on BC let me know your thoughts thanks.
Oh, that would be so helpful, thank you! I'll put you in as co-BC, if that's ok. That way, I don't have to take Stav's name off. :)

As far as other projects you and she were working on, I'd say talk with the MCs of those projects. I expect they'll be very happy to have you take over. :D
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mightyfelix wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:45 pm
wib66 wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 11:13 am Hi
Oh, that would be so helpful, thank you! I'll put you in as co-BC, if that's ok. That way, I don't have to take Stav's name off. :)

As far as other projects you and she were working on, I'd say talk with the MCs of those projects. I expect they'll be very happy to have you take over. :D
Thank you I have messaged the other MC's for the projects where I am DPL. Thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL notes for section 34

00:23 missing line

"Heriot's Choice , by Rosa Nouchette Carey . Chapter 34 John Heriots Wife

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this

Up to about 8 minutes your file is very loud. Then after 8 minutes the volume drops and is 7dB below the limit we accept.

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name and post in this thread. If you need any more help please just ask. Thanks
Michele
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

Hello! I’d like to volunteer to read section 9. :)
Phil
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Gambit8008 wrote: August 8th, 2021, 1:50 pm Hello! I’d like to volunteer to read section 9. :)
Thank you I will sign you up
Michele