[NOVEL] The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
roboro
Posts: 54
Joined: September 7th, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by roboro » October 7th, 2020, 1:41 am

KevinS wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 9:35 pm
roboro wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Section 28, Chapter X Part 1.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_28_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Track Length
26:41.25 (m:ss.ss)
All very fine! All that's needed is to place 5 full seconds of silence at the tail end of the recording and please have between .5 and 1 second of silence at the opening.
Aaargh! I always forget the 5 seconds! Okay, I will upload again later today or this evening with the fixes.

roboro
Posts: 54
Joined: September 7th, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by roboro » October 7th, 2020, 5:57 am

roboro wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 1:41 am
KevinS wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 9:35 pm
roboro wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Section 28, Chapter X Part 1.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_28_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Track Length
26:41.25 (m:ss.ss)
All very fine! All that's needed is to place 5 full seconds of silence at the tail end of the recording and please have between .5 and 1 second of silence at the opening.
Aaargh! I always forget the 5 seconds! Okay, I will upload again later today or this evening with the fixes.
I have uploaded again to add the silence:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_28_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Track Length: 26:46.92 (m:ss.ss)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_29_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Track Length: 27:31.91 (m:ss.ss)

KevinS
Posts: 8971
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 7th, 2020, 7:19 pm

roboro wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 5:57 am
I have uploaded again to add the silence:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_28_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Track Length: 26:46.92 (m:ss.ss)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_29_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Track Length: 27:31.91 (m:ss.ss)
Sections 28 and 29 PL OK! Very nice readings!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

roboro
Posts: 54
Joined: September 7th, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by roboro » October 7th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Hi. You can assign Chapter 14 parts 1 and 2 to me. I think it is section 44 and 45. I will try to do them by this weekend.

shreyasethi
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 12:28 am

Post by shreyasethi » October 8th, 2020, 5:45 am

roboro wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 11:54 pm
Hi. You can assign Chapter 14 parts 1 and 2 to me. I think it is section 44 and 45. I will try to do them by this weekend.
That would be perfect actually!!!!! Thank you so much for claiming!!!
-SS

Sonrisaj
Posts: 119
Joined: April 28th, 2020, 11:35 am

Post by Sonrisaj » October 8th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Hello there lovely Librivox BC,

Sorry, but I need to relinquish recording part three of chapter one of The Rainbow as I have some stuff coming up in the next few weeks. I look forward to returning!

All the best,
Linda

Dunni23
Posts: 10
Joined: August 13th, 2020, 6:19 am

Post by Dunni23 » October 9th, 2020, 12:27 pm

section 5, chapter 2, part 1...
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_05_lawrence_128kp.mp3
28 minutes 49 seconds

shreyasethi
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 12:28 am

Post by shreyasethi » October 9th, 2020, 9:36 pm

Sonrisaj wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 1:01 pm
Hello there lovely Librivox BC,

Sorry, but I need to relinquish recording part three of chapter one of The Rainbow as I have some stuff coming up in the next few weeks. I look forward to returning!

All the best,
Linda
It's okay I totally understand! I hope you enjoy the next few weeks and do let me know in case you change your mind :D :D :D
-SS

shreyasethi
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 12:28 am

Post by shreyasethi » October 9th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Dunni23 wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 12:27 pm
section 5, chapter 2, part 1...
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_05_lawrence_128kp.mp3
28 minutes 49 seconds
Thanks a lot for the recording, I've updates the MW :D :D

roboro
Posts: 54
Joined: September 7th, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by roboro » October 10th, 2020, 4:40 am

Section 44 Chapter XIV Part 1 is done:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_44_lawrence_128kb.mp3

rainbow_44_lawrence_128kb.mp3
File Size
17.0 MiB
 
Encoding Type
MPEG-1 Layer III (encoded with LAME3.100)
MP3 Format
128 kbps 44,100 Hz Mono
Track Length
18:34.28 (m:ss.ss)
 
Volume
86.4 dB
DC Bias
+0 (+0.0001%)
Clipped Audio
0 ms (0.00%)
 
I think the sound is better than my previous recordings. I changed some recording settings. Working with a smaller chunk of a chapter felt better because my voice will have a chance to catch up to do the second part. I had a major recording issue and ended up reading this through twice, which probably also helped because I had a good warm-up session, even if it was a little frustrating at the time.

I think this is a good take. I have listened it through and cleaned up some breathiness etc. Hopefully it is a good listen.

podon01
Posts: 4
Joined: September 29th, 2020, 11:05 am

Post by podon01 » October 10th, 2020, 1:06 pm

I would like to claim section 24 (chapter 8, part 2) of The Rainbow. I am a first-time reader and have done the 1 minute test to make sure my setup is correct. For the catalogue, please use my full name, Patrick O'Donnell (user name on Librivox is podon01). Thank you.

shreyasethi
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 12:28 am

Post by shreyasethi » October 10th, 2020, 9:09 pm

roboro wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 4:40 am
Section 44 Chapter XIV Part 1 is done:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_44_lawrence_128kb.mp3

rainbow_44_lawrence_128kb.mp3
File Size
17.0 MiB
 
Encoding Type
MPEG-1 Layer III (encoded with LAME3.100)
MP3 Format
128 kbps 44,100 Hz Mono
Track Length
18:34.28 (m:ss.ss)
 
Volume
86.4 dB
DC Bias
+0 (+0.0001%)
Clipped Audio
0 ms (0.00%)
 
I think the sound is better than my previous recordings. I changed some recording settings. Working with a smaller chunk of a chapter felt better because my voice will have a chance to catch up to do the second part. I had a major recording issue and ended up reading this through twice, which probably also helped because I had a good warm-up session, even if it was a little frustrating at the time.

I think this is a good take. I have listened it through and cleaned up some breathiness etc. Hopefully it is a good listen.
Wow. AGAIN. Your meticulousness is really awe-inspiring, really THANK YOU SOOOOOO much for your efforts, I really, really appreciate them. I've updated the MW. :D :D :D :D :D
-SS

shreyasethi
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 12:28 am

Post by shreyasethi » October 10th, 2020, 9:11 pm

podon01 wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 1:06 pm
I would like to claim section 24 (chapter 8, part 2) of The Rainbow. I am a first-time reader and have done the 1 minute test to make sure my setup is correct. For the catalogue, please use my full name, Patrick O'Donnell (user name on Librivox is podon01). Thank you.
Thank you so much for claiming and also telling me about your catalog name without me asking, it rarely happens :D :D :D
I've assigned the section to you, I really hope you have fun recording!!
-SS

dhandiR
Posts: 16
Joined: July 14th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Post by dhandiR » October 10th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Hey! Can I claim section 3 (Chapter 1 Part 3)? Thanks!

shreyasethi
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 12:28 am

Post by shreyasethi » October 11th, 2020, 8:09 pm

dhandiR wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 9:43 pm
Hey! Can I claim section 3 (Chapter 1 Part 3)? Thanks!
Thanks that would be great!!! I've assigned the section to you :D :D
-SS

Post Reply