[COMPLETE] The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

shreyasethi wrote: October 1st, 2020, 11:52 pm
Scarbo wrote: October 1st, 2020, 4:52 pm I'm sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to let go of section 37. My deadline is coming up, and I'm being plagued with mouth clicks, and the result after all the re-takes and de-clicking is not of a quality I feel good about uploading - especially when this book means so much to me!
Hi!!!
I understand. In case this is only about the deadline, I can extend it, it's really not that big of an issue and if there's more to it than just that, let me know and I'll make the necessary changes. :D
-SS
Would a month's extension be okay? Thank you for your understanding!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Scarbo wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 4:33 pm
shreyasethi wrote: October 1st, 2020, 11:52 pm
Scarbo wrote: October 1st, 2020, 4:52 pm I'm sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to let go of section 37. My deadline is coming up, and I'm being plagued with mouth clicks, and the result after all the re-takes and de-clicking is not of a quality I feel good about uploading - especially when this book means so much to me!
Hi!!!
I understand. In case this is only about the deadline, I can extend it, it's really not that big of an issue and if there's more to it than just that, let me know and I'll make the necessary changes. :D
-SS
Would a month's extension be okay? Thank you for your understanding!
Yes it would be alright!!! There's no rush. If you like the book, you read it, do it at your own pace and have fun doing it! That's all that matters :)
-SS
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Howard76 wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 9:29 am Hello there,

I'd like to claim Section 23, please.

Many thanks,

Howard
Hi thank you so much for claiming!!! I'll assign the section to you so that you can start working on it :) :)
Best of luck!
-SS
Howard76

Post by Howard76 »

Thanks very much, Shreya. I'll give it my best shot!

Howard
hmcculloch

Post by hmcculloch »

quasimoir

Post by quasimoir »

Hello Shreya!

I hope all's well. I'm writing in with embarrassing news (at least to me, it is). I haven't been able to make much progress with recording this chapter and I see that my time is up!

Would it be too much to ask for an extension, say, of a month's time? The months that went by turned out to be rather hectic and so, I wasn't able to snatch the necessary hours out of my days to get this done.

Do let me know if you can - give me an extension, that is. I'll totally understand should you choose not to, but I'm hoping you will.

Pacing up and down in anticipation,
Garfield
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

quasimoir wrote: October 4th, 2020, 10:36 pm Hello Shreya!

I hope all's well. I'm writing in with embarrassing news (at least to me, it is). I haven't been able to make much progress with recording this chapter and I see that my time is up!

Would it be too much to ask for an extension, say, of a month's time? The months that went by turned out to be rather hectic and so, I wasn't able to snatch the necessary hours out of my days to get this done.

Do let me know if you can - give me an extension, that is. I'll totally understand should you choose not to, but I'm hoping you will.

Garfield
Hiiii!!

It's perfectly alright, take as much time as you like. I understand that sometimes people get caught up in other stuff. There's no rush here and if you're really interested, you should totally do it!!! I hope you find the time to do it. It's still assigned to you. HAVE FUN :clap: :D

-SS
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

hmcculloch wrote: October 4th, 2020, 12:10 pm This is my recording for chapter 2, section 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/The_Rainbow_(Chapter_2,_Section_3).mp3_-_10:4:20,_3_.04_PM_.mp3
Hi
Thank you so much for the recording but there's just a slight problem with the file name. You'll have to follow the format given:
rainbow_##_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Right now the name has the time, duration and another .mp3 and the section is in parenthesis.
Please rectify this :D
-SS
quasimoir

Post by quasimoir »

shreyasethi wrote: October 5th, 2020, 2:07 am
quasimoir wrote: October 4th, 2020, 10:36 pm Hello Shreya!

Garfield
Hiiii!!

It's perfectly alright, take as much time as you like. I understand that sometimes people get caught up in other stuff. There's no rush here and if you're really interested, you should totally do it!!! I hope you find the time to do it. It's still assigned to you. HAVE FUN :clap: :D

-SS
Thank you oh so much, Shreya! :-D Yes I love to do this - I really really love to; it has helped me see myself through the pandemic and God knows it has kept me well! :-D

Okay then, I'll plan this and get it across to you as soon as I can!

Always,
Garfield
roboro

Post by roboro »

I would like to give Chapter X, The widening circle, a try. I will do the whole chapter... So both parts.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

roboro wrote: October 5th, 2020, 1:58 pm I would like to give Chapter X, The widening circle, a try. I will do the whole chapter... So both parts.
Oh that's wonderful!! Thank you so much. I've assigned them to you.
roboro

Post by roboro »

Section 28, Chapter X Part 1.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_28_lawrence_128kb.mp3

rainbow_28_lawrence_128kb.mp3
File Size
24.4 MiB

Encoding Type
MPEG-1 Layer III (encoded with LAME3.100)
MP3 Format
128 kbps 44,100 Hz Mono
Track Length
26:41.25 (m:ss.ss)

Volume
88.0 dB
DC Bias
+0 (+0.0001%)
Clipped Audio
0 ms (0.00%)

All good in checker.
I recorded this as one large chapter and had to work out how to break this into the two parts. This means it ends rather abruptly as I wasn't expecting that to be an end point.
I also recorded the prefix and suffix text separately and the audio is unfortunately a little more clear. I have been fiddling with my recording setup and I think when I recorded the book audio the EQ was set with a bit more bass which makes the sound slightly muddier. I will probably revert this in future recordings, but unfortunately the actual recording is affected in the original file. So apologies for that. It should still be clear and easy enough to listen to.

Section 29 on the way shortly... I am just doing the last processing and first pass proof listen.

I hope you enjoy.

roboro

Post by roboro »

Section 29 Chapter X Part 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_29_lawrence_128kb.mp3

rainbow_29_lawrence_128kb.mp3
File Size
25.1 MiB

Encoding Type
MP3 Format
128 kbps 44,100 Hz Mono
Track Length
27:26.47 (m:ss.ss)

Volume
88.7 dB
DC Bias
+0 (+0.0001%)
Clipped Audio
0 ms (0.00%)

I have listened this through and I haven't noticed anything significantly troubling.
I loved the last part of this and since my voice was wearing tired, I took a break and re-recorded and although there is a change in tone a little, it plays through well and was better than the previous ending.

Just reading this chapter gave me a renewed love of Lawrence's writing. Great book choice.

I hope that my contribution helps do it some justice. It is the longest recording I have done so far.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

roboro wrote: October 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm Section 28, Chapter X Part 1.

Track Length
All very fine! All that's needed is to place 5 full seconds of silence at the tail end of the recording and please have between .5 and 1 second of silence at the opening.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

roboro wrote: October 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm Section 28, Chapter X Part 1.

rainbow_28_lawrence_128kb.mp3
File Size
24.4 MiB

Encoding Type
MP3 Format
128 kbps 44,100 Hz Mono
Track Length

Volume
88.0 dB
DC Bias
+0 (+0.0001%)
Clipped Audio
0 ms (0.00%)

All good in checker.
I recorded this as one large chapter and had to work out how to break this into the two parts. This means it ends rather abruptly as I wasn't expecting that to be an end point.
I also recorded the prefix and suffix text separately and the audio is unfortunately a little more clear. I have been fiddling with my recording setup and I think when I recorded the book audio the EQ was set with a bit more bass which makes the sound slightly muddier. I will probably revert this in future recordings, but unfortunately the actual recording is affected in the original file. So apologies for that. It should still be clear and easy enough to listen to.

Section 29 on the way shortly... I am just doing the last processing and first pass proof listen.

I hope you enjoy.

WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I hope you had fun recording, these are little things everyone faces while recording I guess, so don't worry about it. There's also no compulsion to record it in one go, it gets hard when the chapters are long so you don't have to worry about it. That was so fast and you've been so diligent about it, you've done more than half the work of the DPL :lol: :lol: I've updated the MW thanks again.
-SS