~[Hist. fiction/group] The Castle of Twilight by Margaret Horton Potter - lt

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
sprasann
Posts: 19
Joined: September 6th, 2020, 10:48 am

Post by sprasann » October 24th, 2020, 6:42 pm

Hi Lynnet,

May I please claim chapters 12 and 13?

I'm excited to work with you again!!

Thank you,
Sheetal

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22325
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 24th, 2020, 7:44 pm

sprasann wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 6:42 pm
Hi Lynnet,

May I please claim chapters 12 and 13?

I'm excited to work with you again!!

Thank you,
Sheetal
Thanks for claiming
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Dark Flower 10+ sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 2 sections remaining

spatel2
Posts: 401
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Contact:

Post by spatel2 » October 26th, 2020, 10:08 am

Could I claim the last section? Thanks!
~ Shriya

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22325
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 26th, 2020, 10:11 am

spatel2 wrote:
October 26th, 2020, 10:08 am
Could I claim the last section? Thanks!
Certainly
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Dark Flower 10+ sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 2 sections remaining

spatel2
Posts: 401
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Contact:

Post by spatel2 » October 28th, 2020, 12:58 pm

~ Shriya

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22325
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 28th, 2020, 1:03 pm

spatel2 wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 12:58 pm
Section 16 - https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/castleoftwilight_16_potter_128kb.mp3
9:11

Thanks!
Thank you
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Dark Flower 10+ sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22325
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 29th, 2020, 9:05 am

Chapter 16

At about 7 minutes the volume dropped considerably. Please select from that point to the end and amplify to match the earlier part of the recording.
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Dark Flower 10+ sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 2 sections remaining

spatel2
Posts: 401
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Contact:

Post by spatel2 » October 29th, 2020, 9:43 am

Lynnet wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 9:05 am
Chapter 16

At about 7 minutes the volume dropped considerably. Please select from that point to the end and amplify to match the earlier part of the recording.
Sorry about that. Here's the edited version(with hopefully equally distributed volume):
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/castleoftwilight_16_potter_128kb.mp3

Also, did you see my King Mombo recording? Thanks.
~ Shriya

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22325
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 29th, 2020, 9:54 am

spatel2 wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 9:43 am
Lynnet wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 9:05 am
Chapter 16

At about 7 minutes the volume dropped considerably. Please select from that point to the end and amplify to match the earlier part of the recording.
Sorry about that. Here's the edited version(with hopefully equally distributed volume):
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/castleoftwilight_16_potter_128kb.mp3

Also, did you see my King Mombo recording? Thanks.
Thank you.
I must have missed King Mombo :oops:
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Dark Flower 10+ sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 2 sections remaining

sophiatbow
Posts: 5
Joined: October 28th, 2020, 3:29 pm

Post by sophiatbow » October 31st, 2020, 1:36 pm

Hello!

My name is Sophia, and this will be my first LibriVox recording (after the 1-minute test). I would like to claim section 9, "The Storm". For my name, you can just put sophiatbow :) I'm excited to be a part of LibriVox!

Thank you,
Sophia

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22325
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 31st, 2020, 6:11 pm

sophiatbow wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 1:36 pm
Hello!

My name is Sophia, and this will be my first LibriVox recording (after the 1-minute test). I would like to claim section 9, "The Storm". For my name, you can just put sophiatbow :) I'm excited to be a part of LibriVox!

Thank you,
Sophia
Welcome to Librivox!
Please be sure to read the first post and ask if you have questions.
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Dark Flower 10+ sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 2 sections remaining

sophiatbow
Posts: 5
Joined: October 28th, 2020, 3:29 pm

Post by sophiatbow » November 1st, 2020, 10:37 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22325
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 2nd, 2020, 5:02 am

sophiatbow wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 10:37 pm
Here's chapter 9! (32:08)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/castleoftwilight_09_potter_128kb.mp3
Thank you
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Dark Flower 10+ sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22325
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 2nd, 2020, 10:11 am

Chapter 9
~0:47 stumble on 'useless regret'
~3:29 stumble
~9:40 stumble
~13:00 stumble on 'madame'
~14:25 stumble
~14:35 stumble
~15:40 stumble
~18:20 stumble
~21:50 stumble
~22:35 stumble "on how precious each moment seems"
~23:00 stumble 'on the day...on the way'
~25:30 stumble
~26:10 stumble
~27:07 repeat "from a"
~29:15 stumble
~30:35 stumble

This looks like a long list, but it is very easy to fix these. We all have stumbles and repeats and have to edit them out before the project can be catalogued. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be
I suggest you start at the end and work backwards to keep the timestamps I have listed above. Please upload the edited file with the same file name.

On the positive side, it was a nice, clear reading, with no technical issues :thumbs:
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Dark Flower 10+ sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 2 sections remaining

ccavarlez
Posts: 17
Joined: April 3rd, 2020, 3:58 pm

Post by ccavarlez » November 9th, 2020, 11:49 pm

Hello, I've finished Chapter 7 and am currently on chapter 8. Please let me know if there's anything amiss!

34:48.5
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/castleoftwilight_07_potter_128kb.mp3

Post Reply