[Y.A./Adventure] King Mombo by Paul du Chaillu - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
sperego
Posts: 55
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 8:00 am

Post by sperego » September 16th, 2020, 6:43 am


sperego
Posts: 55
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 8:00 am

Post by sperego » September 16th, 2020, 6:44 am

Can I claim Chapter XII and XIII? thx!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21212
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 16th, 2020, 6:50 am

sperego wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:43 am
Here it is Chapter XI
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_11_duchaillu_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Thank you . How long is it please?
12 and 13 are yours
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

sperego
Posts: 55
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 8:00 am

Post by sperego » September 17th, 2020, 3:26 am

Lynnet wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:50 am
sperego wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:43 am
Here it is Chapter XI
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_11_duchaillu_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Thank you . How long is it please?
12 and 13 are yours
Chapter XI
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_11_duchaillu_128kb.mp3
is about 11 minute

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21212
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 17th, 2020, 7:29 am

sperego wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 3:26 am
Lynnet wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:50 am
sperego wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:43 am
Here it is Chapter XI
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_11_duchaillu_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Thank you . How long is it please?
12 and 13 are yours
Chapter XI
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_11_duchaillu_128kb.mp3
is about 11 minute
:thumbs:
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

sperego
Posts: 55
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 8:00 am

Post by sperego » September 17th, 2020, 8:37 am

Lynnet wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 7:29 am
sperego wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 3:26 am
Lynnet wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:50 am


Thank you . How long is it please?
12 and 13 are yours
Chapter XI
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_11_duchaillu_128kb.mp3
is about 11 minute
:thumbs:
here they are:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_12_duchaillu_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_13_duchaillu_128kb.mp3

both of them are about 11 minutes each. :)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21212
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 17th, 2020, 8:56 am

sperego wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 8:37 am
Lynnet wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 7:29 am
sperego wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 3:26 am


Chapter XI
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_11_duchaillu_128kb.mp3
is about 11 minute
:thumbs:
here they are:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_12_duchaillu_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/KingMombo_13_duchaillu_128kb.mp3

both of them are about 11 minutes each. :)
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21212
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 17th, 2020, 4:42 pm

Ch 11, 12, 13
Please note the correct file name as stated in the first post. It should be kingmombo_11_duchaillu_128kb.mp3 and so on.
Notice there are no capital letters.

The volume is out of our accepted range. Our goal is 89dB, although we usually accept a range of 86-92dB. For section 11, your file is 98.2dB. You will need to amplify by about -8. Section 12 is 92.8, so needs to be amplified by about -3. Section 13 is at the louder end of the acceptable range and could be left as is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw

You can check your specs, including volume,with the Checker program https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker It was developed specially for Librivox and is free, safe and easy to use :mrgreen:

As for the reading, I understand how difficult it can be reading in different languages, especially when there are a lot of unfamiliar words. Do I detect an Italian accent? I can't imagine trying to read a section in Italian.
I am sorry to say, I found this almost impossible to understand. I asked others to listen and they agreed. Our standard is that recordings should be intelligible to native speakers, and unfortunately, chapter 11 fell short of this standard. You might try recording one of the chapters again but try reading a little slower. If you don’t want to do that you might want to investigate some other areas of LV.

Have you discovered our forum for Languages Other Than English?
viewforum.php?f=60

I notice there is a group project in Italian there:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=78179

There is also a Multilingual Short Works project, for which you can submit a short story in any language: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=81582

Please don't be discouraged. We all have to find our niche, and at Librivox we want to include as many different languages as we can. We don't have a large number of readers in Italian, so you would be a great addition to that community.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Mamacheetah
Posts: 26
Joined: May 25th, 2015, 9:13 am

Post by Mamacheetah » September 20th, 2020, 4:02 pm

Hello!
Can I please have Chapter 17? Thank you!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21212
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 20th, 2020, 4:27 pm

Mamacheetah wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 4:02 pm
Hello!
Can I please have Chapter 17? Thank you!
You may!
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Mamacheetah
Posts: 26
Joined: May 25th, 2015, 9:13 am

Post by Mamacheetah » September 21st, 2020, 8:01 pm

Hello!
I have finished the chapter 17. Here's the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kingmombo_17_duchaillu_128kb.mp3 (duration 12:00)

And can I have the chapter 16 please? Thank you!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21212
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 22nd, 2020, 12:34 am

Mamacheetah wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 8:01 pm
Hello!
I have finished the chapter 17. Here's the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kingmombo_17_duchaillu_128kb.mp3 (duration 12:00)

And can I have the chapter 16 please? Thank you!
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21212
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 22nd, 2020, 1:57 pm

Ch 17 PL OK
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Mamacheetah
Posts: 26
Joined: May 25th, 2015, 9:13 am

Post by Mamacheetah » September 22nd, 2020, 11:47 pm

Here's the link for Chapter 16 : https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kingmombo_16_duchaillu_128kb.mp3 (duration 13:15s)

And I would like to claim Chapter 14 and 15. Thank you!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21212
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 23rd, 2020, 8:40 am

Mamacheetah wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 11:47 pm
Here's the link for Chapter 16 : https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kingmombo_16_duchaillu_128kb.mp3 (duration 13:15s)

And I would like to claim Chapter 14 and 15. Thank you!
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Post Reply