COMPLETE: The Younger Sister by Catherine Anne Hubback -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ElizabethRayner

Post by ElizabethRayner »

Tortilla wrote: August 8th, 2020, 5:32 pm Great! Here is the first chapter of the second volume.

Volume 2, Chapter 1:
10:03 - "[...]reason I want you not to tell *is*, because I wish to surprise" [reading omitted "is"]

14:01 - distracting breathy noise?

25:03 - "unpolished boors in the *county*. I assure you his groom..." ["county" read as "country"]

36:47 - distracting background noise

36:49 - distracting background noise

38:28 - distracting background noise

44:26 - distracting background noise

44:36 - distracting background noise

44:51 - distracting background noise
I'm popping this up as ready for spot PL now, sorry about all my background noise in this recording! I have tried to sort it out, the only thing is that at 10:03 the word 'is' is in there, it is grouped in the same breath with the 'because'. Sorry about that, I will try in future to make every word more distinguishable, I have a bad habit of speaking too fast! Thanks :D
ElizabethRayner

Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

ElizabethRayner wrote: August 11th, 2020, 9:33 am
Tortilla wrote: August 8th, 2020, 5:32 pm Great! Here is the first chapter of the second volume.

Volume 2, Chapter 1:
10:03 - "[...]reason I want you not to tell *is*, because I wish to surprise" [reading omitted "is"]

14:01 - distracting breathy noise?

25:03 - "unpolished boors in the *county*. I assure you his groom..." ["county" read as "country"]

36:47 - distracting background noise

36:49 - distracting background noise

38:28 - distracting background noise

44:26 - distracting background noise

44:36 - distracting background noise

44:51 - distracting background noise
I'm popping this up as ready for spot PL now, sorry about all my background noise in this recording! I have tried to sort it out, the only thing is that at 10:03 the word 'is' is in there, it is grouped in the same breath with the 'because'. Sorry about that, I will try in future to make every word more distinguishable, I have a bad habit of speaking too fast! Thanks :D
Thank you! Vol 1, Ch. 11 through Vol 2, Chapter 2 are PL OK.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Hello!

PL Notes for Volume 2, Chapter 3:
Entire introduction is filled with a weird buzzy sounds and background clicks?

24:42 - popping noise

30:58 - distracting popping noise
Volume 2, Chapter 4 is PL OK! :)
ElizabethRayner

Vol 2, Ch 5 26:35

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/youngersister_16_hubback_128kb.mp3

Sorry for the absence! I had a cold so my voice sounded awful, and then Uni started back so I got a bit caught up - but I'm excited to get stuck back into this again :-)
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

ElizabethRayner wrote: September 12th, 2020, 9:36 am Vol 2, Ch 5 26:35

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/youngersister_16_hubback_128kb.mp3

Sorry for the absence! I had a cold so my voice sounded awful, and then Uni started back so I got a bit caught up - but I'm excited to get stuck back into this again :-)
Welcome back!! Apologies for the wait.

Only one PL note:

14:16 - "which Robert could not possibly misunderstand, but which *he* [read as she] prudently resolved not to notice."

Vol II, Ch. 2 is PL-OK.
ElizabethRayner

Tortilla wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 9:10 pm

Only one PL note:

14:16 - "which Robert could not possibly misunderstand, but which *he* [read as she] prudently resolved not to notice."

Vol II, Ch. 2 is PL-OK.
No bother at all! Thanks for listening! I'm so sorry, I seem to have a recurring accent thing where I speak too fast in these sentences, I actually do say 'he' but I can understand how it might be heard as 'she'. I have tried to fix it but unfortunately my microphone is terrible when it comes to reinserting sections, and I've been fiddling with it but the sound quality is very different and it's quite an off putting shift! I'm hoping that one will be okay left as it is, and I'll try and be more aware in future of how my accent changes words! If you would rather me to rerecord the chapter, that is also totally fine - please let me know your thoughts! :-)
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

ElizabethRayner wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:46 am

Only one PL note:

Vol II, Ch. 2 is PL-OK.
No bother at all! Thanks for listening! I'm so sorry, I seem to have a recurring accent thing where I speak too fast in these sentences, I actually do say 'he' but I can understand how it might be heard as 'she'. I have tried to fix it but unfortunately my microphone is terrible when it comes to reinserting sections, and I've been fiddling with it but the sound quality is very different and it's quite an off putting shift! I'm hoping that one will be okay left as it is, and I'll try and be more aware in future of how my accent changes words! If you would rather me to rerecord the chapter, that is also totally fine - please let me know your thoughts! :-)
We will leave it as is then. Don’t re-record an hour long chapter. 😂
ElizabethRayner

Tortilla wrote: September 27th, 2020, 2:07 pm

Only one PL note:

Vol II, Ch. 2 is PL-OK.
Haha phew! I actually just recorded the next chapter and was away to edit it, however on listening back it appears my microphone has well and truly kicked the bucket this time! I'm going to invest in a new one, and hopefully then I shouldn't have my editing problem anymore! I was hoping to upload the next chapter today but alas it will have to wait a day or two till the new mic is delivered but more recordings shall be on their way soon! :-)
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

ElizabethRayner wrote: September 28th, 2020, 3:15 am
Tortilla wrote: September 27th, 2020, 2:07 pm

Haha phew! I actually just recorded the next chapter and was away to edit it, however on listening back it appears my microphone has well and truly kicked the bucket this time! I'm going to invest in a new one, and hopefully then I shouldn't have my editing problem anymore! I was hoping to upload the next chapter today but alas it will have to wait a day or two till the new mic is delivered but more recordings shall be on their way soon! :-)
Sounds lovely! I look forward to your next chapters when they are completed.
ElizabethRayner

Hi! Many apologies for the massive wait on this next chapter, I am in my final year at Uni and clearly overestimated my ability to multitask! I am almost finished for the Christmas break though and so hopefully I can get ahead a bit more now I have less on.

Vol 2 Ch 6: 26:12

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/youngersister_17_hubback_128kb.mp3
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

ElizabethRayner wrote: November 29th, 2020, 3:52 am Hi! Many apologies for the massive wait on this next chapter, I am in my final year at Uni and clearly overestimated my ability to multitask! I am almost finished for the Christmas break though and so hopefully I can get ahead a bit more now I have less on.

Vol 2 Ch 6: 26:12

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/youngersister_17_hubback_128kb.mp3
Welcome back! This chapter is PL-OK.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Elizabeth. Please post with an update to let us know if you still working on this. Thanks!
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

No reply from the reader. Project is therefore being abandoned as per our policy:
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Jo
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

It was originally under my care so I would like to return to bc it properly. I began it with full intention to take charge. So please move it to the readers wanted: books section if possible.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.