COMPLETE: Two Years in Oregon by Wallis Nash -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

dfixsen wrote: October 10th, 2020, 11:43 am Hello!

I have finished and uploaded Part 6 (chapter 6 parts 1 & 2). https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_06_nash_128kb.mp3

I hope it sounds good and my apologies for getting these done so late.

Thank you, this is always fun!
Dave
Thank you, Dave.
The small samples that I listened to sounded quite good. Excellent reading. :)

There is a little confusion here, however, and a few things that need attention.
First, what you read is indeed just Part I. So please change the ending to just "End of Chapter 6, Part 1"
Then, please leave five seconds of silence at the end.
Also, the volume is just under our range. Our target is 89 dBs with a range of 86-92 dBs.
So, please amplify this by 3 dBs.
(If you need help with any of this, let me know)

Upload your corrected recording under the same file name, and post the link here again with the new file length. mm:ss

Then I'll mark it Ready for PL and we'll give you a full report.

Thanks again for your fine reading!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kalamareader wrote: October 10th, 2020, 6:32 pm
So I would like to claim Chapter 6 Section 2 (MW Section 7).

Thanks,

Wayne
Yep!
So, I've given you the above.

Where did you live in Oregon?
~ Larry
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Larry,

Depending on how familiar you are with the Portland area, Garden Home, suburb of Beaverton. Graduated from Beaverton High. Went to college, went on an LDS Mission to England, came home, back to college, got married, returned to the Portland area then moved to Washington (Vancouver then Kalama [Ka-lamb-a] :) ).

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Shubham000

Post by Shubham000 »

Can I claim chapter 22 part 1. :D
Shubham000

Post by Shubham000 »

I'll like to take chapter 22 part 1.
dfixsen

Post by dfixsen »

Hi Wayne,
My apologies and welcome to ADD! For some reason I had Part 1 and 2 stuck in my head. It looks as if someone has Part 2 claimed. If you get in a pinch, I'll be happy to do it.

Thank you,
Dave
Shubham000

Post by Shubham000 »

Sure you can :thumbs:
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

I hate to say this, being about 80% done with my two parts, and even having gotten the pronounciation of "Yaquina" correct, but I am pretty sure I have said "AURA-gone" the whole way through. Will this need fixing? It's a mid-western/Michigan thing, I'm sure.
“Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” - Frederick Douglas
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

tobester123 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 6:00 am I hate to say this, being about 80% done with my two parts, and even having gotten the pronounciation of "Yaquina" correct, but I am pretty sure I have said "AURA-gone" the whole way through. Will this need fixing? It's a mid-western/Michigan thing, I'm sure.
Welll, without looking at those Chapters and how many times Oregon occurs, I would say, yes it would. We Oregonians are pretty sensitive about it. I think one can still find tee shirts with ORYGUN printed on them. (Aimed primarily at Californians, I think). Accent on the first syllable. But if it is too much of a burden, we'll grant grace. General LV policy is too allow for regional variations in pronunciation.
~ Larry
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

silverquill wrote: October 13th, 2020, 7:20 am
tobester123 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 6:00 am I hate to say this, being about 80% done with my two parts, and even having gotten the pronounciation of "Yaquina" correct, but I am pretty sure I have said "AURA-gone" the whole way through. Will this need fixing? It's a mid-western/Michigan thing, I'm sure.
Welll, without looking at those Chapters and how many times Oregon occurs, I would say, yes it would. We Oregonians are pretty sensitive about it. I think one can still find tee shirts with ORYGUN printed on them. (Aimed primarily at Californians, I think). Accent on the first syllable. But if it is too much of a burden, we'll grant grace. General LV policy is too allow for regional variations in pronunciation.
No worries, this is a learning experience. Today's lesson will be "Pickups and Inserts". It will be good for me.
“Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” - Frederick Douglas
MarBoy

Post by MarBoy »

Hello,

Finally, here is Chapter 3 completed. I have had so many issues with this read, not that the read was complicated but other computer, software and interface issues on my end. I reeeeeaaaaaaly tried to make things as smooth as possible, given the technical difficulties I suffered. In any case, here is the file. I hope it all pans-out to be ok. There may be some slight sound issues, to which I tried hard to correct, so, please let me know if there are any corrections to be had :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_03_nash_128kb.mp3

Have a great day !!! :D
MarBoy

Post by MarBoy »

Sorry, total time is 22:58... oooops, sorry :)
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi there,

Here is Chapter 6 part II:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_06_nash_128kb.mp3

Time: 18:55

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MarBoy wrote: October 14th, 2020, 6:57 pm Hello,

Finally, here is Chapter 3 completed. I have had so many issues with this read, not that the read was complicated but other computer, software and interface issues on my end. I reeeeeaaaaaaly tried to make things as smooth as possible, given the technical difficulties I suffered. In any case, here is the file. I hope it all pans-out to be ok. There may be some slight sound issues, to which I tried hard to correct, so, please let me know if there are any corrections to be had :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_03_nash_128kb.mp3

Have a great day !!! :D
Hey, I sure understand those things!
My hard disk crashed, and I still don't know if I'll get my data restored.....

Anyway, glad to have this and it is in the MW Ready for PL.
Thanks for your efforts. :)
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kalamareader wrote: October 14th, 2020, 8:11 pm Hi there,

Here is Chapter 6 part II:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_06_nash_128kb.mp3

Time: 18:55

Wayne
Thank you so much!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry