[FICTION] GROUP: Jean-Christophe, Volume I by Romain Rolland-mas

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
jpseeger
Posts: 73
Joined: June 22nd, 2020, 12:33 pm

Post by jpseeger » October 19th, 2020, 1:31 pm

chulsky wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 7:22 pm
Sec.6 PL OK :thumbs:
Sorry I missed it, and thank you, Joshua, for alerting me, but this section was not announced here in the forum -- that's how I (and some other PLers) get notified!
Joshua, I hope you would consider continuing this project. This is a first rate fiction; I am surprised there are no takers. :(
Thank you, Mark! I had posted it back on Oct. 6, but my post was easy to miss, embedded as it was among a few others regarding my revisions of previous sections. No matter. I'm glad to know you're still engaged with this project. I had been considering signing up for more, but was reticent given the apparent lack of interest. Knowing that you and YuqingJune are still with it, I'll read ahead a bit and decide whether or not to take on more sections. I agree - it is interesting and compelling.

YuqingJune
Posts: 389
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » October 20th, 2020, 4:43 am

jpseeger wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 1:31 pm
chulsky wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 7:22 pm
Sec.6 PL OK :thumbs:
Sorry I missed it, and thank you, Joshua, for alerting me, but this section was not announced here in the forum -- that's how I (and some other PLers) get notified!
Joshua, I hope you would consider continuing this project. This is a first rate fiction; I am surprised there are no takers. :(
Thank you, Mark! I had posted it back on Oct. 6, but my post was easy to miss, embedded as it was among a few others regarding my revisions of previous sections. No matter. I'm glad to know you're still engaged with this project. I had been considering signing up for more, but was reticent given the apparent lack of interest. Knowing that you and YuqingJune are still with it, I'll read ahead a bit and decide whether or not to take on more sections. I agree - it is interesting and compelling.
Thanks, both of you! I can contribute a section or two once I get less busy as well. Who knows, maybe it's just a matter of time before we get more volunteers.

And yes, you can count on me to be always around :thumbs:

chulsky
Posts: 2135
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Post by chulsky » October 20th, 2020, 7:33 am

jpseeger wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 1:31 pm
I had posted it back on Oct. 6, but my post was easy to miss
Oh, yes, you had, my bad.
I am hoping to PL the entire Jean-Christophe project, though the 10 volumes might take longer than my foreseeable future :|
I am reluctant to read myself because my accent is pretty heavy for fiction.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Readers invited: Стихи Веневитинова Jean-Christophe

jpseeger
Posts: 73
Joined: June 22nd, 2020, 12:33 pm

Post by jpseeger » October 20th, 2020, 1:43 pm

OK, with your encouragement, I'd like to claim the next 4 sections; i.e., 7-10.

chulsky
Posts: 2135
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Post by chulsky » October 20th, 2020, 2:14 pm

jpseeger wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 1:43 pm
OK, with your encouragement, I'd like to claim the next 4 sections; i.e., 7-10.
Glad to assign! :9:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Readers invited: Стихи Веневитинова Jean-Christophe

jpseeger
Posts: 73
Joined: June 22nd, 2020, 12:33 pm

Post by jpseeger » October 24th, 2020, 6:56 pm


jpseeger
Posts: 73
Joined: June 22nd, 2020, 12:33 pm

Post by jpseeger » October 26th, 2020, 2:34 pm


chulsky
Posts: 2135
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Post by chulsky » October 27th, 2020, 4:47 pm

Sec.7 PL OK :thumbs:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Readers invited: Стихи Веневитинова Jean-Christophe

jpseeger
Posts: 73
Joined: June 22nd, 2020, 12:33 pm

Post by jpseeger » November 1st, 2020, 9:08 am


YuqingJune
Posts: 389
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » November 1st, 2020, 3:50 pm

jpseeger wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 9:08 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jeanchristophevol1_09_rolland_128kb.mp3
Here is Section 9. Duration - 25:36
The MW has been updated. Thanks for the good work!

chulsky
Posts: 2135
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Post by chulsky » November 4th, 2020, 12:37 pm

Sec.8 PL OK :thumbs:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Readers invited: Стихи Веневитинова Jean-Christophe

chulsky
Posts: 2135
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Post by chulsky » November 7th, 2020, 9:53 am

Sec.9 PL OK :thumbs:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Readers invited: Стихи Веневитинова Jean-Christophe

jpseeger
Posts: 73
Joined: June 22nd, 2020, 12:33 pm

Post by jpseeger » November 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jeanchristophevol1_10_rolland_128kb.mp3
Here is Section 10. Duration 30:37
This one was particularly challenging in its substance. It completes everything I've claimed so far. I'm tempted to do more, but I'll wait until Mark has proofed this one before I ask you for more sections.

YuqingJune
Posts: 389
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » November 12th, 2020, 5:45 pm

jpseeger wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jeanchristophevol1_10_rolland_128kb.mp3
Here is Section 10. Duration 30:37
This one was particularly challenging in its substance. It completes everything I've claimed so far. I'm tempted to do more, but I'll wait until Mark has proofed this one before I ask you for more sections.
Thank you very much! I'll be more than happy to if I have the chance. :thumbs:

chulsky
Posts: 2135
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Post by chulsky » November 15th, 2020, 5:06 pm

jpseeger wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm
Section 10...
This one was particularly challenging in its substance. It completes everything I've claimed so far. I'm tempted to do more, but I'll wait until Mark has proofed this one before I ask you for more sections.
Thank you, Joshua,
As a pro, you struggle with the substance behind curtains. The section sounds naturally and flows freely. I am not sure what the hardship was. Sec.10 is a resounding PL OK :thumbs:
Hope you claim more. I understand, you did not make any solos yet, but I think you are ready (no pushing, of course, but the hint is here :-)).
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Readers invited: Стихи Веневитинова Jean-Christophe

Post Reply