COMPLETE [FICTION] GROUP: Jean-Christophe, Volume I by Romain Rolland-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

chulsky wrote: October 18th, 2020, 7:22 pm Sec.6 PL OK :thumbs:
Sorry I missed it, and thank you, Joshua, for alerting me, but this section was not announced here in the forum -- that's how I (and some other PLers) get notified!
Joshua, I hope you would consider continuing this project. This is a first rate fiction; I am surprised there are no takers. :(
Thank you, Mark! I had posted it back on Oct. 6, but my post was easy to miss, embedded as it was among a few others regarding my revisions of previous sections. No matter. I'm glad to know you're still engaged with this project. I had been considering signing up for more, but was reticent given the apparent lack of interest. Knowing that you and YuqingJune are still with it, I'll read ahead a bit and decide whether or not to take on more sections. I agree - it is interesting and compelling.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

jpseeger wrote: October 19th, 2020, 1:31 pm
chulsky wrote: October 18th, 2020, 7:22 pm Sec.6 PL OK :thumbs:
Sorry I missed it, and thank you, Joshua, for alerting me, but this section was not announced here in the forum -- that's how I (and some other PLers) get notified!
Joshua, I hope you would consider continuing this project. This is a first rate fiction; I am surprised there are no takers. :(
Thank you, Mark! I had posted it back on Oct. 6, but my post was easy to miss, embedded as it was among a few others regarding my revisions of previous sections. No matter. I'm glad to know you're still engaged with this project. I had been considering signing up for more, but was reticent given the apparent lack of interest. Knowing that you and YuqingJune are still with it, I'll read ahead a bit and decide whether or not to take on more sections. I agree - it is interesting and compelling.
Thanks, both of you! I can contribute a section or two once I get less busy as well. Who knows, maybe it's just a matter of time before we get more volunteers.

And yes, you can count on me to be always around :thumbs:
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

jpseeger wrote: October 19th, 2020, 1:31 pm I had posted it back on Oct. 6, but my post was easy to miss
Oh, yes, you had, my bad.
I am hoping to PL the entire Jean-Christophe project, though the 10 volumes might take longer than my foreseeable future :|
I am reluctant to read myself because my accent is pretty heavy for fiction.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

OK, with your encouragement, I'd like to claim the next 4 sections; i.e., 7-10.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

jpseeger wrote: October 20th, 2020, 1:43 pm OK, with your encouragement, I'd like to claim the next 4 sections; i.e., 7-10.
Glad to assign! :9:
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.7 PL OK :thumbs:
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

jpseeger wrote: November 1st, 2020, 9:08 am https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jeanchristophevol1_09_rolland_128kb.mp3
Here is Section 9. Duration - 25:36
The MW has been updated. Thanks for the good work!
Cheers,
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.8 PL OK :thumbs:
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.9 PL OK :thumbs:
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jeanchristophevol1_10_rolland_128kb.mp3
Here is Section 10. Duration 30:37
This one was particularly challenging in its substance. It completes everything I've claimed so far. I'm tempted to do more, but I'll wait until Mark has proofed this one before I ask you for more sections.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

jpseeger wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jeanchristophevol1_10_rolland_128kb.mp3
Here is Section 10. Duration 30:37
This one was particularly challenging in its substance. It completes everything I've claimed so far. I'm tempted to do more, but I'll wait until Mark has proofed this one before I ask you for more sections.
Thank you very much! I'll be more than happy to if I have the chance. :thumbs:
Cheers,
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

jpseeger wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm Section 10...
Thank you, Joshua,
As a pro, you struggle with the substance behind curtains. The section sounds naturally and flows freely. I am not sure what the hardship was. Sec.10 is a resounding PL OK :thumbs:
Hope you claim more. I understand, you did not make any solos yet, but I think you are ready (no pushing, of course, but the hint is here :-)).