COMPLETE: Writings of Samuel Adams, Vol 2 by Samuel Adams-lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

MFD32 wrote: May 4th, 2021, 5:10 pm Section 75 is ready.

36:37
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_75_adams_128kb.mp3

Can do 76 to complete the chapter.

=Mark-
Mark,

Good job. I enjoy listening to your recordings.

I did, however, find a very few things that I think you should look at:

11:48 The statute of the 13th of George 2. c. 7. I heard statues. The way to say this is George the Second. George 2 is how it was often written at this time, rather than using Roman Numerals. Here is a reference to the citation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantation_Act_1740.

19:30.5 Needs an “end quote

33:03 as about the year 1769… You said a

And since you are in there, could you please cut your ending silence to five seconds?

Very few errors for such a long section. Keep up the good work!

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
linny

Post by linny »

MFD32 wrote: May 4th, 2021, 5:10 pm Section 75 is ready.

36:37

Can do 76 to complete the chapter.

=Mark-
Thank you for picking up the additional section. :D
linny

Post by linny »

Kalamareader wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 8:45 pm
linny wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 5:28 am I believe all three sections had PL notes. Please updated the workflow even if I haven't posted the files yet. It will eliminate a lot of guesswork on my part. Thank you.
Linny,

Is this part for me? I don't quite understand it. I will get to the spot PL of 29 tomorrow.

Wayne
Hi Wayne,
Yes, the note was for you. I'm sorry for not being clearer. Please don't feel you need to add the file links or times but if you PL before I have it in the window please do toggle the last field to PL OK or See PL notes. Thank you! :D
linny

Post by linny »

ColinParsons wrote: May 4th, 2021, 1:58 pm I would like to read part 12 and 13
Welcome to LV! I'm pleased you are interested in this project. Prior to claiming/recording for a project please complete your sound check (one minute test) to ensure your recording specifications meet LV requirements. You can find the link entitled Newbie Guide to Recording on the initial project page. That should lead you to all the information you need.
MFD32

Post by MFD32 »

Kalamareader wrote: May 4th, 2021, 8:41 pm

And since you are in there, could you please cut your ending silence to five seconds?

Hi Wayne. Regarding your edits:

19:30 - I know the quote marks you're talking about. If you scroll backward through the text you'll find there are no open quotes for it, which I why I didn't record it. There is an open and close quote in the same paragraph at 17:52 and 18:02, but after that there are no more open quotes in that paragraph. This also occurs in the very first sentence of the text (at 0:38), where there is a quote mark with no pair, and so I didn't record the opening quote mark there.

33:03 - I hear "the" clearly.

Ending silence - I can't seem to win here. When I export my Audacity file to mp3 it usually lops off a few milliseconds in the process, which I try to account for. When I listen to this file using VLC or iTunes, I get a dead-on 5 second ending. How far off is it? I have no idea how much to trim.

Cheers,
-Mark-
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

MFD32 wrote: May 5th, 2021, 5:14 pm
Kalamareader wrote: May 4th, 2021, 8:41 pm

Hi Wayne. Regarding your edits:

19:30 - I know the quote marks you're talking about. If you scroll backward through the text you'll find there are no open quotes for it, which I why I didn't record it. There is an open and close quote in the same paragraph at 17:52 and 18:02, but after that there are no more open quotes in that paragraph. This also occurs in the very first sentence of the text (at 0:38), where there is a quote mark with no pair, and so I didn't record the opening quote mark there.

33:03 - I hear "the" clearly.

Ending silence - I can't seem to win here. When I export my Audacity file to mp3 it usually lops off a few milliseconds in the process, which I try to account for. When I listen to this file using VLC or iTunes, I get a dead-on 5 second ending. How far off is it? I have no idea how much to trim.

Cheers,
-Mark-
Mark,

I have no idea what happened, but I responded to your post last night and I evidently didn't post it and it has disappeared into the ether.

Here is the gist of what I said:

In regards to the 19:30 quotation comment, you, of course, are absolutely correct. I missed that there were two quotation marks in the middle of the paragraph.

As to the 33:03 "a" "the" comment, I listened to it more than once during my PL and definitely heard "a", and listening to it again last night I definitely heard "the". I have no idea why I heard "a" multiple times. :roll:

And as to the ending, these are the numbers that Audacity gives: End of speaking: 36:31.7, and of total recording: 36:37.3, or just over half a second long. At least those are the numbers I get when I download your recording into my Audacity.

Good luck, and thanks for your hard work.

Wayne
Wayne
MFD32

Post by MFD32 »

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

MFD32 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 11:08 am Section 75 resubmitted.

36:36

-Mark-
PERFECT!!!! Section 75 is now completely PLOK :thumbs:

I am glad that you were able to figure out how to use the multiple systems you are using to solve the problem. I have a hard enough time just using Audacity and my USB mic. :lol:

Looking forward to 76.

Wayne
Wayne
linny

Post by linny »

MFD32 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 11:08 am Section 75 resubmitted.

36:36

-Mark-
Thank you, Mark. It's in for spot check.

As for the ending silence as long as you are within 4:30-5:30 you should be fine. 5 is our guide. It's long enough that you won't get cut off and not so long that the listener becomes annoyed waiting for the next section to begin. The only time we tend to push is if it's a really short section and the ending silence is on the long side. A 1 minute poem with 6 seconds of ending silence sounds really long to the listener.
aja222

Post by aja222 »

Can I take section 6? I am familiar with this document, specifically.
linny

Post by linny »

aja222 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 12:03 pm Can I take section 6? I am familiar with this document, specifically.
Welcome to LV! It would be great for you to join us. Before you do project work please complete your sound check (preliminary test). This will ensure that all of your recording settings are correct. You will find the information you need in the initial post by clicking on the newbie guide to recording.
aja222

Post by aja222 »

I uploaded it a couple of hours ago. Hopefully everything is OK!
linny

Post by linny »

aja222 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 12:09 pm I uploaded it a couple of hours ago. Hopefully everything is OK!
Great. I didn't see it in your posts...just the hello post and the claim. Please make sure you get the ok before you record on the project.

What name would you like in the catalog?
aja222

Post by aja222 »

linny wrote: May 8th, 2021, 12:12 pm
aja222 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 12:09 pm I uploaded it a couple of hours ago. Hopefully everything is OK!
Great. I didn't see it in your posts...just the hello post and the claim. Please make sure you get the ok before you record on the project.

What name would you like in the catalog?
Great! Thanks! I re-recorded and used the checker & passed, so waiting for the OK! For my name in the catalogue Andrea J. Antidormi would be fine :) Thanks so much for your help!

also just in case I'm pasting the link to my 1min test incases someone here can give me the okay for whatever reason. If this isn't allowed, please accept my apologies!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test3_aja222.mp3
aja222

Post by aja222 »

Hi! I got the OK! and would love to take sections 6 and 89 to record if possible!

(I'm an historian of American History and work on the Freedom Trail at a couple of historic sites there and I so desperately miss work, and feel like this will be good for my mental health to be honest, lol.