COMPLETE: Writings of Samuel Adams, Vol 2 by Samuel Adams-lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Lector1 wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 7:43 am I think I might have managed to solve the problem of getting rid of the background noise while preserving quality. I just finished up a recording for another project and I reduced the background noise by setting the frequency smoothing bands really high. It seems to get rid of the noise while preserving quality. I might have to re-record section 92.
Unfortunately, I think that may be the best alternative. At least is isn't very long. :)

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Wayne. Just to let you know that Linny is away from LV for a bit, so I'll be filling in for her as your MC until she returns. Please keep using Linny's folder for uploading, and let me know if you need anything!
Jo
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: July 11th, 2021, 11:21 am Hi Wayne. Just to let you know that Linny is away from LV for a bit, so I'll be filling in for her as your MC until she returns. Please keep using Linny's folder for uploading, and let me know if you need anything!
:thumbs:
Wayne
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

My re-recorded version of section 92:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_92_adams_128kb.mp3

Hopefully I managed to get rid of the noise while preserving the quality. It took me a long time to clean up the sound with this one. I don't know why.
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

sonjamisko

Post by sonjamisko »

Hi! Can I have Chapter 45?
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I would like to read section 73: TO ELBRIDGE GERRY, Nov 5, 1772

Are we pronouncing "Gerry" with a hard G (goat) or soft G (ginger)? I have heard it both ways for this man in other audiobooks.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

HannahMary wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:08 am I would like to read section 73: TO ELBRIDGE GERRY, Nov 5, 1772

Are we pronouncing "Gerry" with a hard G (goat) or soft G (ginger)? I have heard it both ways for this man in other audiobooks.
You bring up an absolutely fascinating question. Just watch this video to the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0Qz19nlG4

So, as the arbiter of all things "Samuel Adams" :roll: , since we are referring to the person and not to the word that came after him, it should be with the 'hard' "G".

Wayne

Oh, and by the way, you certainly can read Section 73
Last edited by Kalamareader on July 13th, 2021, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

sonjamisko wrote: July 12th, 2021, 9:19 pm Hi! Can I have Chapter 45?
Welcome to LibriVox. I hope you find it as enjoyable and rewarding as I have.

Yes you may have section 45. However, before you record it please complete the 1 minute test so that your settings can be checked. Once you get the ok on that, you may record and upload the section.

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Lector1 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 1:42 pm My re-recorded version of section 92:

Hopefully I managed to get rid of the noise while preserving the quality. It took me a long time to clean up the sound with this one. I don't know why.
Comments on all three. First, I certainly did miss 84 and 85 the second time around, sorry.

The corrections on 84 and 85 were great, and the reading of 92 was perfect, however....All three have background noise that I was able to almost completely eliminate using Noise Reduction in Audacity. All I had to do with the first two was to run it through once, picking a random spot, selecting Get Noise Profile, then selecting the entire reading, then going back into Noise Reduction and selecting OK. Your submission of 92 was sooooo much better this time around, but it still had an annoying background noise/whistle. With 92 I ran it through Noise Reduction as above, though it got rid of most of it, after running it through again (just selecting random non-speaking sections), it came out great. And in addition to getting rid of the noise in the non-speaking areas, it made the parts where you are reading easier to understand because the background noise was eliminated.

Keep up the good work, and I am sure 'Third time will be the charm'. :D

Wayne
Wayne
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

Kalamareader wrote: July 13th, 2021, 3:56 pm
Lector1 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 1:42 pm My re-recorded version of section 92:

Comments on all three. First, I certainly did miss 84 and 85 the second time around, sorry.

The corrections on 84 and 85 were great, and the reading of 92 was perfect, however....All three have background noise that I was able to almost completely eliminate using Noise Reduction in Audacity. All I had to do with the first two was to run it through once, picking a random spot, selecting Get Noise Profile, then selecting the entire reading, then going back into Noise Reduction and selecting OK. Your submission of 92 was sooooo much better this time around, but it still had an annoying background noise/whistle. With 92 I ran it through Noise Reduction as above, though it got rid of most of it, after running it through again (just selecting random non-speaking sections), it came out great. And in addition to getting rid of the noise in the non-speaking areas, it made the parts where you are reading easier to understand because the background noise was eliminated.

Keep up the good work, and I am sure 'Third time will be the charm'. :D

Wayne
Here's the new versions:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_84_adams_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_85_adams_128kb.mp3

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

Great! It's been great working with y'all!
sonjamisko

Post by sonjamisko »

Awesome! I am updating my device since I realize I don’t have the right kind of computer. My new computer will come in this weekend and then I will try it out and submit the demo to you. Thanks!

Sonja
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

sonjamisko wrote: July 15th, 2021, 7:59 am Awesome! I am updating my device since I realize I don’t have the right kind of computer. My new computer will come in this weekend and then I will try it out and submit the demo to you. Thanks!

Sonja
Sonja,

That is great. :clap: Waiting with baited breath for your contribution. :D

Wayne
Wayne