COMPLETE: Writings of Samuel Adams, Vol 2 by Samuel Adams-lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

wib66 wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 2:24 am Hi Wayne for section 94 I am saying had I have double checked. It must just be the way I say it :hmm: :hmm:
Michele,

That's great. This is not the first time I have made that mistake. :( :oops:

Section 94 is PLOK :thumbs:

Thanks for your hard work.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
linny

Post by linny »

Kaitybg7 wrote: February 9th, 2021, 6:38 am Hello! Could I possibly claim Chapters 6, 10-15, and 17-18?
No contact from reader about PL notes. Claim period expired. Sections orphaned.
MauriceWilliams

Post by MauriceWilliams »

I would like to do #55 #56 #64
linny

Post by linny »

MauriceWilliams wrote: April 27th, 2021, 12:01 pm I would like to do #55 #56 #64
Thank you for joining us. Please let me know if you have any questions along the way.
MFD32

Post by MFD32 »

linny wrote: April 21st, 2021, 12:18 pm Section 75 updated. Thank you!
Linny, et al, I've finished recording what's listed in the MW as section 75. The chapter header in the book at the beginning of this section says "“THE RIGHTS OF THE COLONISTS, A LIST OF VIOLATIONS OF RIGHTS AND A LETTER OF CORRESPONDENCE.” Section 76 in the MW is given as "a letter of correspondence" but that section is actually part of section 75 (which would explain why that header is not in bold type).

Do you want me to stop here with 75, or continue on and add the tail end of it according to the book?

-Mark-
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Maurice,

We start with section 55. First, you uploaded this with the incorrect file name. Please fix it for the next submission. You listed it as section '29' rather than '55'.

First a couple of hints. It sounds like you are too close to the mic. Your voice is a little hard to understand because of this. Also, after you have finished recording your section, listen to it again, following along with the text so you can see if there are any errors you made when reading it. All of us make mistakes, even after listening again, that is why we have PLers, a 'second set of eyes and ears' to see what we missed. Also, if there are words that you are not absolutely sure you know the pronunciation of, go to Google and find out how to say it. I do this all the time when I am recording, especially older texts, as so many of ours are.

Now to the regular PL stuff:

At the very beginning, please cut the silent time down to .5 to 1 second. Yours is over one and a half seconds.

1:06.5 is to be prosecuted: You added the word 'it' between 'is' and 'to'.

1:12 We usually don't comment on pronunciation when it comes to regional accents, but when the word may not be understood, we usually ask that it is corrected. The word “soberness “ is pronounced
sew'-burr-ness

1:15 Is there any man in the community that can procure harm in a Again, the pronunciation is pro-cure'

1:33 scrutiny of truth Find pronunciation here: https://www.thefreedictionary.com/scrutiny

2:10.5 pay his Governor notwithstanding You said nowwithstanding.

2:13.5 And ought it not to be looked upon as a mark of royal bounty and goodness, You added some word between 'And' and 'ought'. I can't figure out what it is. You said looking. You said at

2:34.5 it is to ride through the several counties, You said countries.

3:35 to check the monarchick You said monarchy

4:11 I will differ from Mucius You said defer

5:53 At this point, your volume suddenly drops by 6 dB.

6:42 Again the volume drops dramaticly.

7:17 Again, a drastic volume drop.

7:52 Again, a drastic volume drop.

Also, I would suggest that if you are not, that you listen to your recordings, after they are finished, through earphones, not earbuds, but something more substantial.

Just work on these things and remember to change the '29' to '55' in the file name.

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Maurice,

I just started working on the last two of your submissions.

In 56, you have recorded it in stereo, it has to be in mono for me to PL it.

As I mentioned in 55 (29), you were a little too close to the mic so it wasn't as easy to understand as it could be, but it was close enough, but in 64, you are so close to the mic as to render it really unintelligible. I listened to it as a 'listener' would, without the text in front of me, and even the intro, where I knew what you were saying, it was very, very hard to understand, and as the recording continued, it didn't get better. I am so sorry to request this of you, but could you please rerecord this section with the mic a little farther away from you, and also, perhaps, decrease your recording volume in Audacity a bit.

This whole thing is a learning experience of all of us, and so don't get discouraged, keep up the hard work, and all will get easier with time.

Wayne
Wayne
linny

Post by linny »

I believe all three sections had PL notes. Please updated the workflow even if I haven't posted the files yet. It will eliminate a lot of guesswork on my part. Thank you.

Also, since 29 was overwritten I reverted back to the prior version in the system. I've marked is as ready for spot check.
linny

Post by linny »

MFD32 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 4:48 pm
linny wrote: April 21st, 2021, 12:18 pm Section 75 updated. Thank you!
Linny, et al, I've finished recording what's listed in the MW as section 75. The chapter header in the book at the beginning of this section says "“THE RIGHTS OF THE COLONISTS, A LIST OF VIOLATIONS OF RIGHTS AND A LETTER OF CORRESPONDENCE.” Section 76 in the MW is given as "a letter of correspondence" but that section is actually part of section 75 (which would explain why that header is not in bold type).

Do you want me to stop here with 75, or continue on and add the tail end of it according to the book?

-Mark-
Mark,
I'm sorry but at this stage I can't merge the files. We use section number in the intro and the files that have already been recorded would all be wrong.

Would you like to add a claim for section 76?
linny

Post by linny »

Kalamareader wrote: April 29th, 2021, 9:42 pm
Maurice,
Please know that all pronunciation notes are for your information. Here at LV we do not require these changes. Sometimes we note them so if the reader wants to change them they are award of them.

It sounds as if your recordings may benefit from compression and then amplification to adjust for large swings in volume. Here is a video for how that is done in Audacity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKYYj6HMZU Please ask if you have any questions.
MFD32

Post by MFD32 »

linny wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 5:35 am
I'm sorry but at this stage I can't merge the files. We use section number in the intro and the files that have already been recorded would all be wrong.

Would you like to add a claim for section 76?
Sure, and I'll finish this up as is.

=M=
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

linny wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 5:28 am I believe all three sections had PL notes. Please updated the workflow even if I haven't posted the files yet. It will eliminate a lot of guesswork on my part. Thank you.
Linny,

Is this part for me? I don't quite understand it. I will get to the spot PL of 29 tomorrow.

Wayne
Wayne
ColinParsons

Post by ColinParsons »

I would like to read part 12 and 13
MFD32

Post by MFD32 »

Section 75 is ready.

36:37
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_75_adams_128kb.mp3

Can do 76 to complete the chapter.