[AUTOBIO] The Story of My Life and Work by Booker T. Washington - lt

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
sonofcoltas
Posts: 43
Joined: April 23rd, 2020, 6:07 am

Post by sonofcoltas » July 6th, 2020, 9:04 am


sonofcoltas
Posts: 43
Joined: April 23rd, 2020, 6:07 am

Post by sonofcoltas » July 6th, 2020, 9:08 am

I would like to claim sections 7, 8, 9 and 10

silverquill
Posts: 13921
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 6th, 2020, 9:14 am

vvocelli wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 7:46 am
Ready for PL:

1 - 12:20 https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storyofmylife_01_washington_128kb.mp3
Thanks!
Will PL soon.
~Larry

sonofcoltas
Posts: 43
Joined: April 23rd, 2020, 6:07 am

Post by sonofcoltas » July 6th, 2020, 9:15 am

silverquill wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 8:54 pm
Both Chapter 2 & 3 are PL OK.

What marvelous reading. :thumbs:
I'm so glad that you are taking at least a couple more chapters. :D
Larry,
Thank you so much for this positive feedback. You have talked me out of redoing those 2 for being too lifeless. I am going to take some more chapters instead. I much appreciate the work you are doing with this one.

silverquill
Posts: 13921
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 6th, 2020, 9:17 am

Thank you!
I will PL soon.

Delighted to have you in for 7-10 :D
~Larry

sonofcoltas
Posts: 43
Joined: April 23rd, 2020, 6:07 am

Post by sonofcoltas » July 7th, 2020, 7:27 am


silverquill
Posts: 13921
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 7th, 2020, 9:47 am

Thanks!
Will PL soon
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 13921
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 7th, 2020, 9:48 am

Here is the short introduction.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storyofmylife_00_washington_128kb.mp3 4:40

If anyone would be kind enough to PL it for me, I would be most appreciative. :)
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 13921
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 7th, 2020, 8:43 pm

Chapters 4 and 5 are PL OK.
Truly, excellent reading. :)
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 13921
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 7th, 2020, 8:55 pm

vvocelli wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 7:46 am
Ready for PL:

1 - 12:20 https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storyofmylife_01_washington_128kb.mp3
PL OK!
Thanks so much!
~Larry

vvocelli
Posts: 223
Joined: March 10th, 2020, 9:25 am
Location: Virginia

Post by vvocelli » July 8th, 2020, 4:23 am

silverquill wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 9:48 am
Here is the short introduction.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storyofmylife_00_washington_128kb.mp3 4:40

If anyone would be kind enough to PL it for me, I would be most appreciative. :)
Hey Larry! I've never PL'd before, but since this one was short I thought I'd have at it.

The only sentence that needs fixing is:

2:57 "..and the building up of the Normal and Industrial Institute,"
- you omitted "the" before building and you said National instead of "Normal"

Everything else was spot on!

silverquill
Posts: 13921
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 8th, 2020, 6:42 am

vvocelli wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 4:23 am
silverquill wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 9:48 am
Here is the short introduction.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storyofmylife_00_washington_128kb.mp3 4:40

If anyone would be kind enough to PL it for me, I would be most appreciative. :)
Hey Larry! I've never PL'd before, but since this one was short I thought I'd have at it.

The only sentence that needs fixing is:

2:57 "..and the building up of the Normal and Industrial Institute,"
- you omitted "the" before building and you said National instead of "Normal"

Everything else was spot on!
Thanks so much!
Under Standard PL, that slight omission can be left in as it doesn't alter the meaning much. There are always a lot of judgement calls in proofing. I have been DPL for well over 200 projects, and I've learned so much from them. Your reading is always perfect!
~Larry

vvocelli
Posts: 223
Joined: March 10th, 2020, 9:25 am
Location: Virginia

Post by vvocelli » July 8th, 2020, 7:49 am

Great, sounds good. I'm sure DPLing isn't my strong suit so I'll stick to reading :thumbs:

sonofcoltas
Posts: 43
Joined: April 23rd, 2020, 6:07 am

Post by sonofcoltas » July 9th, 2020, 10:06 am


sonofcoltas
Posts: 43
Joined: April 23rd, 2020, 6:07 am

Post by sonofcoltas » July 11th, 2020, 9:47 am


Post Reply