[ANIMALS]The Living Animals of the World, Volume 2: Birds, Reptiles and Amphibians, Fishes, Molluscs, etc. -Leni

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
ToriBee
Posts: 12
Joined: October 30th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Post by ToriBee » August 18th, 2020, 11:35 am

May I do section 49?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 18th, 2020, 12:08 pm

davydave wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Has anyone requested Section 12 yet? I would like to claim if not-
Dave
It's yours, thanks!
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 18th, 2020, 12:09 pm

gondola wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 11:06 am
Hi

Here's section 44 with the changes made. (the "at once" amendment is now at 19:24). :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_44_various_128kb.mp3
(25:44)
Thanks much!
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 18th, 2020, 12:10 pm

ToriBee wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 11:35 am
May I do section 49?
Sure, section assigned.
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

davydave
Posts: 61
Joined: June 30th, 2020, 11:24 am

Post by davydave » August 18th, 2020, 2:49 pm

Hi Leni, all-
Here is corrected Section 40, thanks..
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_40_various_128kb.mp3
Dave

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1418
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » August 18th, 2020, 5:08 pm

davydave wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 2:49 pm
Hi Leni, all-
Here is corrected Section 40, thanks..
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_40_various_128kb.mp3
Dave
You're good to go - 40 is PL OK
Thanks for the corrections (see, it's easy to fix volume!)

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1418
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » August 18th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Leni wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 12:09 pm
gondola wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 11:06 am
Hi

Here's section 44 with the changes made. (the "at once" amendment is now at 19:24). :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_44_various_128kb.mp3
(25:44)
Thanks much!
Section 44 is PL OK and great corrections -- this was a complicated one!

davydave
Posts: 61
Joined: June 30th, 2020, 11:24 am

Post by davydave » August 20th, 2020, 3:56 pm

Hi Rita-
Here's the Section 12 hot off press.. total time 27:10.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_12_various_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Dave

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 20th, 2020, 5:45 pm

davydave wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Hi Rita-
Here's the Section 12 hot off press.. total time 27:10.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_12_various_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Dave
Thanks, Dave!
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

Alpreup
Posts: 40
Joined: January 16th, 2017, 1:03 am

Post by Alpreup » August 20th, 2020, 7:48 pm

RitaBoutros wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 6:14 am
Alpreup wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 8:34 pm
Section 37 is finished:)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_37_various_128kb.mp3

6:23

Thanks,
Sarocha

Hello Sarocha
You have a lovely voice.
I've listened to your section and had a few notes:

Throughout the whole recording, there is a tremendous amount of background noise. You might try to reduce that by using the Audacity noise reducing feature under Effect, choose Noise Reduction. But in my experience, it also reduces the quality of the sound recording in general. You might check out the suggestions under Librivox's home page, Newbie Guide to Recording. For the best quality recordings, however, it is best to use a microphone and make your recording in a very quiet place.

Some other issues:

At the start, you say Section 11. This should be Section 37.
At 1:13 "their vent and anal fin in a sheath.." is not clear
2:06: I heard "the black group" should be "bleak group"
2:45 "of a single" should be "with a single"
2:56 "exeem" should be "es teemed"
5:38 This was exceptionally
5:42 I heard "waiting" should be "weighing"
5:45 ounces
6:13 You say "End of section 11" should be "End of section 37"

At the end of the recording, we need a full 5 seconds of silence.

Hello! Thank you so much for your comment, I decided to record it all over again, hope it's okay this time.

Please let me know if you want me to adjust anything else.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_37_various_128kb.mp3
6:17

Best,
Sarocha

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1418
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » August 21st, 2020, 5:06 am

davydave wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Hi Rita-
Here's the Section 12 hot off press.. total time 27:10.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_12_various_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Dave

PL notes for section 12:

:27 add heading "Parrots"
:52 there is a repeat of a sentence
3:23 as serious as was at one time
4:22 adaptation
12:09 add heading "Cuckoos and Plantain-Eaters"
14:36 there is a repeated sentence
15:41 has provided should be "has proved"
16:02 the most wonderful of the
16:10 "to such" should be "to much speculation"
18:08 jumpy section

I had the impression this file was not edited...?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 21st, 2020, 9:56 am

Alpreup wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Hello! Thank you so much for your comment, I decided to record it all over again, hope it's okay this time.

Please let me know if you want me to adjust anything else.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_37_various_128kb.mp3
6:17

Best,
Sarocha
Hello, Sarocha, and thanks for the recording!

Since this section is short, that is fine, but, for future reference, next time, don't rerecord whole sections if you can help it - because the PLer will have to listen to everything again, instead of just spot-checking the corrected elements, so it takes longer. :)
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

Alpreup
Posts: 40
Joined: January 16th, 2017, 1:03 am

Post by Alpreup » August 21st, 2020, 12:23 pm

Leni wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 9:56 am

Hello, Sarocha, and thanks for the recording!

Since this section is short, that is fine, but, for future reference, next time, don't rerecord whole sections if you can help it - because the PLer will have to listen to everything again, instead of just spot-checking the corrected elements, so it takes longer. :)
Hello Leni,

I see your point, I decided to do it all over because it is short as you mention and because to fix the background noise issue.

Thanks

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1418
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » August 21st, 2020, 1:54 pm

Leni wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 9:56 am
Alpreup wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Hello! Thank you so much for your comment, I decided to record it all over again, hope it's okay this time.

Please let me know if you want me to adjust anything else.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals2_37_various_128kb.mp3
6:17

Best,
Sarocha
Hello, Sarocha, and thanks for the recording!

Since this section is short, that is fine, but, for future reference, next time, don't rerecord whole sections if you can help it - because the PLer will have to listen to everything again, instead of just spot-checking the corrected elements, so it takes longer. :)

Sec 37 is PL OK

davydave
Posts: 61
Joined: June 30th, 2020, 11:24 am

Post by davydave » August 21st, 2020, 5:41 pm


Post Reply