COMPLETE - grp/ Novel The Man On The Other Side by Ada Barnett-lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much for all of your help.
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 12 is recorded and preliminarily edited. Again there are some places I am not sure if I should fix or not. Thank you very much.
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/manontheotherside_12_barnett_128kb.mp3
31:58
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Amazing. Thank you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

zachh wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 2:04 pm Chapter 12 is recorded and preliminarily edited. Again there are some places I am not sure if I should fix or not. Thank you very much.
31:58
Zach, I think your reading was spirited and fine, though a bit rushed in some places. Slowing down just a little will help listeners grasp what the author is saying and how she is saying it. We had many repeats, which made me think you had not edited this file, although I see in your remarks above that you say you edited. It's my personal view that if in doubt about fixing something, go ahead and fix it, as you want to put your best effort into the final recording for the book.

3:16 repeat: she forgot.....
3:34 should be: "like the sharp thrust of a living sword..."
4:11 "she picked the girl up into the shelter of her arms.." is a little garbled
7:25 repeat: Ruth crossed to the lamp...
11:54 loud background noise that continues for a few seconds
14:31 stumble: "Ruth struggled with...."
22:01 stumble
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thanks for your help, I'm sorry I left it so messy. I am working on pacing, I tend to stammer so I tend to either go too fast or too slow in trying not to. A lot of sentences I have to repeat 3 or 4 times to get the words all in, and then when I was editing I think I must have lost track of where I was and not realized some of the repeats were still there. I'll go back through later today and fix the places you listed. When I'm editing I can see the long pauses I leave before sentences and take them out, but the repeats are not as visible. In future I'll listen back through the whole thing after the first edit and before I post a section. Thank you very much.
zachh

Post by zachh »

I have re-edited the file, and replaced several other sentences in addition to the ones in the list. There are still some parts that sound rushed to me, but I think I have removed the worst ones, and I listened to the whole thing at the end of editing to make sure I hadn't left any fragments like last time. I'm sorry about the extra work I made for you. If you think it would be better I will be happy to re-read the whole chapter paying better attention to speed, and start editing from there. For some reason there are some combinations of words or sounds that I seem to get stuck on more than others. I put one in the bloopers thread in the off topic forum. When I first recorded this chapter my raw file was 44 minutes long, but I cut out about 12 minutes of pauses between sentences and failed sentences on the first pass. I'll remember in future to check the whole thing at the end. Thank you for your patience with me.
32:06
linny

Post by linny »

zachh wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 5:16 pm I have re-edited the file, and replaced several other sentences in addition to the ones in the list.
Please note for the future that when you do this you need to leave the DPL the timestamps for each of your changes. After PL notes are left then when you make the correction the DPL generally will just listen to those spot to verify the correction. Spot checking is much faster than a full PL. All changes need to be spot checked. Without the timestamps of your additional changes the entire file will need to be PLed again.

Don't feel badly, I'm sure you didn't know that. You are always welcome to make additional changes for spot checks. We want you to be happy about what goes into the catalog, just remember to make note of the time. :thumbs:
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you for telling me. I'm sorry I didn't do that. I'll remember in the future to do it the right way. I'm afraid I've been causing a lot of extra trouble for RitaBoutros between one thing and another.
linny

Post by linny »

zachh wrote: November 24th, 2020, 5:47 am Thank you for telling me. I'm sorry I didn't do that. I'll remember in the future to do it the right way. I'm afraid I've been causing a lot of extra trouble for RitaBoutros between one thing and another.
You are learning and there are lots of things to learn in this new hobby. We've all had to learn them. :wink:
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

zachh wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 5:16 pm I have re-edited the file, and replaced several other sentences in addition to the ones in the list. There are still some parts that sound rushed to me, but I think I have removed the worst ones, and I listened to the whole thing at the end of editing to make sure I hadn't left any fragments like last time. I'm sorry about the extra work I made for you. If you think it would be better I will be happy to re-read the whole chapter paying better attention to speed, and start editing from there. For some reason there are some combinations of words or sounds that I seem to get stuck on more than others. I put one in the bloopers thread in the off topic forum. When I first recorded this chapter my raw file was 44 minutes long, but I cut out about 12 minutes of pauses between sentences and failed sentences on the first pass. I'll remember in future to check the whole thing at the end. Thank you for your patience with me.
32:06

Sec 12 is PL OK! Thank you :D
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much for your patience with me. I'm sorry I made all that extra work for you.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sections 3, 4 and 10 has been orphaned. Any takers?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I will be glad to do 3, 4, and 10. Jim :thumbs:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge huge thanks.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »