[GROUP-RELIG]Greater Life and Work of Christ by A. Patterson-mtf

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
RayanneR
Posts: 11
Joined: June 30th, 2020, 1:03 pm
Contact:

Post by RayanneR » July 16th, 2020, 2:21 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Thank you Rayanne, this is PL ok now!

I'm still hearing the same fading in and out in the new takes you inserted, so it seems like that is still an issue for you. I won't mention it again, but I hope you can find a way to prevent it. It is much more pleasant to listen to when the volume stays more or less even. :)

I'm looking forward to the next section whenever you get to it. Don't forget to include the run time when you post your link! :D
Thanks, I'll keep fiddling with the system, and make sure to add the time signatures with upcoming posts.
With grins,
The truth will set you free.

onewordnocaps
Posts: 1
Joined: August 8th, 2020, 8:28 am

Post by onewordnocaps » August 8th, 2020, 9:26 am

Hello, thank you for beginning a recording of this work, I would love to contribute however you'd like! If possible, I can begin with the following and finish it within two weeks. Thank you again and I hope you/yours are safe/sound!

8, 9 and 10 (Chapter 4, Parts 2-4)

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6232
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 8th, 2020, 11:24 am

onewordnocaps wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 9:26 am
Hello, thank you for beginning a recording of this work, I would love to contribute however you'd like! If possible, I can begin with the following and finish it within two weeks. Thank you again and I hope you/yours are safe/sound!

8, 9 and 10 (Chapter 4, Parts 2-4)
Thank you, that would be wonderful! Before you begin, though, I strongly, strongly recommend completing your 1-minute test. The welcome email you should have received contains information on it, or you can see our Wiki page, here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test This is not an audition, but more like a sound check, to make sure that your software and equipment is set up properly and that the settings are correct on your finished files.

I'll also need to know how you'd like to be credited in our catalogue. You can use your real name, forum name, or whatever pseudonym you wish.

silverquill
Posts: 14433
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 8th, 2020, 7:20 pm

Hmmm. Haven't claimed anything in this one yet, so could I start with Section 11?
~ Larry

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6232
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 9th, 2020, 11:11 am

silverquill wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 7:20 pm
Hmmm. Haven't claimed anything in this one yet, so could I start with Section 11?
Thanks, Larry. I'm really enjoying this one so far! I hope you will, too.

mleigh
Posts: 203
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » August 11th, 2020, 6:37 pm


mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6232
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 12th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Thank you! I've got it in the MW. :)

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6232
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 14th, 2020, 3:43 pm

mleigh wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 6:37 pm
Here is section 19, chapter 7, part 1.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_19_patterson_128kb.mp3
34:48


Thanks,

M
Ok, I had the time finally to PL your section. Great work, this is a complex text, and you did very well with it! In fact, I thought up until the very end that it would be PL ok right away. But there is one little cut to make, right near the end.

34:25 Here I can hear a mumble, maybe a little self-talk between sentences. After the phrase "perfected man" (p. 389), I think I hear you saying to yourself "perfect man, ok there!" and then the next sentence begins. That little moment can be cut. :wink:

mleigh
Posts: 203
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » August 17th, 2020, 4:28 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 3:43 pm
mleigh wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 6:37 pm
Here is section 19, chapter 7, part 1.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_19_patterson_128kb.mp3
34:48


Thanks,

M
Ok, I had the time finally to PL your section. Great work, this is a complex text, and you did very well with it! In fact, I thought up until the very end that it would be PL ok right away. But there is one little cut to make, right near the end.

34:25 Here I can hear a mumble, maybe a little self-talk between sentences. After the phrase "perfected man" (p. 389), I think I hear you saying to yourself "perfect man, ok there!" and then the next sentence begins. That little moment can be cut. :wink:
I don't know how I missed that, thanks for catching. I have uploaded the revised file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_19_patterson_128kb.mp3
New time in 34:47


Thanks,

M

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6232
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 17th, 2020, 5:11 pm

mleigh wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 4:28 pm
I don't know how I missed that, thanks for catching. I have uploaded the revised file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_19_patterson_128kb.mp3
New time in 34:47


Thanks,

M
Spot PL ok! Nice work! I'm looking forward to the next one.

Ares
Posts: 38
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 12:57 am

Post by Ares » August 18th, 2020, 2:38 am

Hello!
May I do sections 8 and 12 please?

mleigh
Posts: 203
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » August 18th, 2020, 7:18 am

mightyfelix wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 5:11 pm
mleigh wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 4:28 pm
I don't know how I missed that, thanks for catching. I have uploaded the revised file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_19_patterson_128kb.mp3
New time in 34:47


Thanks,

M
Spot PL ok! Nice work! I'm looking forward to the next one.
It is close to being done. I just have to finish listening for problems in the last 10-15 minutes of it. I've found his perspective quite different from anything I have ever heard before.

M

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6232
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 19th, 2020, 7:22 pm

Ares wrote:
August 18th, 2020, 2:38 am
Hello!
May I do sections 8 and 12 please?
Welcome! I have assigned you section 12. Section 8 was requested by another reader, who is still working out their one-minute test, so I have been holding it in the meantime.

Ares
Posts: 38
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 12:57 am

Post by Ares » August 20th, 2020, 12:01 am

Hi everyone, I did it! :D
It's 62 minutes 46 seconds
The checker tells me it's too long :( (more than 60 minutes) i dont know how to fix it, i wish it's not important :roll:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_12_patterson_128kb.mp3

Please let me know of any mistakes i've made on the recoding, for me to learn, and to try to fix them.
Cheers!

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6232
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 20th, 2020, 5:06 am

Ares wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 12:01 am
Hi everyone, I did it! :D
It's 62 minutes 46 seconds
The checker tells me it's too long :( (more than 60 minutes) i dont know how to fix it, i wish it's not important :roll:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_12_patterson_128kb.mp3

Please let me know of any mistakes i've made on the recoding, for me to learn, and to try to fix them.
Cheers!
Thank you, that was quick! :D Don't worry about the length. The limit is actually 72 minutes. I'm not sure why Checker says 60. I'll listen to this and have some feedback for you, but I probably won't have the chance until Saturday or Sunday. Stay tuned!

Post Reply