[COMPLETE]Greater Life and Work of Christ by A. Patterson-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for clarifying, Rayanne! I don't have a problem assigning all three, I just wanted to clarify that that's what you meant. :)

I've added that website as well. Please let me know if any other questions arise! I'm looking forward to hearing your submissions!
RayanneR

Post by RayanneR »

mightyfelix wrote: July 5th, 2020, 4:05 pm Thanks for clarifying, Rayanne! I don't have a problem assigning all three, I just wanted to clarify that that's what you meant. :)

I've added that website as well. Please let me know if any other questions arise! I'm looking forward to hearing your submissions!
Yes, actually, a question has arisen when I was attempting to upload section 4. I tried it several times, but got an error message each time which read, "SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0". Any idea what this means?
The truth will set you free.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

RayanneR wrote: July 5th, 2020, 6:58 pm
mightyfelix wrote: July 5th, 2020, 4:05 pm Thanks for clarifying, Rayanne! I don't have a problem assigning all three, I just wanted to clarify that that's what you meant. :)

Yes, actually, a question has arisen when I was attempting to upload section 4. I tried it several times, but got an error message each time which read, "SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0". Any idea what this means?
It could be a problem with ID3 tags. Remove any you may have input. They'll be added during cataloguing. Or it could be that the uploader timed out. Try logging out and then back in.
RayanneR

Post by RayanneR »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworksofchrist_04_patterson_128kb.mp3
Above is section 4. Please let me know where it may need improvement. In the meantime, I will begin working on Section 5.
With grins,
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Rayanne! Two things right away:

1. Don't forget to include the run time of each section along with the link. We'll need it for cataloguing. It looks like this one is 42:01. Is that right?
2. Your file name is incorrect. There's an extra "s" in it. The best way to get the right file name is to copy/paste from the first post and then enter your section number. Don't worry about it for now. If there are corrections needed, you can fix it on your second upload. If not, I can fix it myself. But be careful of this on your next one! :)

I probably won't have a chance to listen until Friday or Saturday. I'm looking forward to hearing it!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

adrianstephens wrote: July 4th, 2020, 4:40 am It's now a minute shorter at 52:45. Does that means my paycheck gets reduced? :0)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_02_patterson_128kb.mp3
Thanks so much for the new time stamps. That made my job easier! :D

I'm so sorry that I wasn't more explicit about footnotes, though. :oops: :? We do still need each footnote to begin and end with "Footnote" and "End of footnote." I'm sorry that I didn't state that clearly.

1:14 Need to re-insert "Footnote" here, and "End of footnote" at 1:16. Also, your "End quote showed up after the footnote text, and should probably be before it.
9:01 You cut the footnote correctly, but you also cut the "End quote," leaving a dangling quote. :wink:
20:40 Need to re-insert "Footnote" here, and "End of footnote" at 20:43
32:28 There were two misread words here. You corrected one of them. The other is a bit more nit-picky, so I'll call it OPTIONAL. Text here is "to doubt which is irreverence." I now hear "no doubt which is irreverence."
42:30 Need to re-insert "Footnote" here, and "End of footnote" at 42:34

One more shot will do it, I'm sure. Thanks for your hard work!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And sections 1 and 3 are both PL ok. Thank you both!
adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens »

mightyfelix wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:29 pm
Thanks so much for the new time stamps. That made my job easier! :D

I'm so sorry that I wasn't more explicit about footnotes, though. :oops: :? We do still need each footnote to begin and end with "Footnote" and "End of footnote." I'm sorry that I didn't state that clearly.
No problems. Hopefully this is the last revision :0)

Here's the update:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_02_patterson_128kb.mp3 @ 52:53

1:15, moved the end quote up too... 1:14 Need to re-insert "Footnote" here, and "End of footnote" at 1:16. Also, your "End quote showed up after the footnote text, and should probably be before it.

9:04 9:01 You cut the footnote correctly, but you also cut the "End quote," leaving a dangling quote. :wink:

20:45 20:40 Need to re-insert "Footnote" here, and "End of footnote" at 20:43

32:35 32:28 There were two misread words here. You corrected one of them. The other is a bit more nit-picky, so I'll call it OPTIONAL. Text here is "to doubt which is irreverence." I now hear "no doubt which is irreverence."
No problem. I've obviously got a mental block here because I re-recorded the wrong phrase first time around.

42:37 42:30 Need to re-insert "Footnote" here, and "End of footnote" at 42:34
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi,

Can I claim section 7?
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Mayah92 wrote: July 8th, 2020, 11:51 pm Hi,

Can I claim section 7?
Certainly, thank you, Mayah! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 2 PL ok. Thanks Adrian!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I just had a listen to section 4. Well done, Rayanne! There are a few issues to correct, and I think your recording setup could still benefit from some tweaking, but this is excellent for a first submission, especially with the difficulty of the material. We'll look at the easy stuff first.

As I mentioned before, the file name is not quite right, so that will need to be corrected. Also, your volume is a bit low. Amplifying by 4 dB should get you into the right range. (If you haven't yet, I recommend that you get Checker. It's a good idea to use it on each of your files, especially as you're getting used to the process.) So much for the overall corrections. Below are some individual corrections and notes. As you correct them, it can be helpful to start at the end and work your way backwards through the file. That way, the time stamps I've given you won't change as you're editing, and it'll be easier to find each problem spot.
  • Your opening silence is almost 2 seconds. It should be about 0.5-1 second. So a quick snip will take care of it.
  • 4:17 OPTIONAL I said that your recording setup may still need some tweaking. This spot is an example of what I mean. Your volume sometimes fades in and out oddly. It doesn't happen throughout the recording, but maybe for only a few minutes at a time before evening out again. An extreme example is at 4:17, when a syllable is so quiet as to almost drop out altogether. "It was for Christ, as well as the happier --cipient of his confidence." (should be "recipient") You don't have to re-record this, but you may wish to.
  • 8:41 OPTIONAL Text here reads "...some intimation of his own place..." I hear "...some imitation of his own place..." This is an easy slip to make, and I think that because the words are so similar, it is clear what's meant. So you can correct it if you like, but you don't have to.
  • 13:38 Another spot where audio dropped out, and the missing word makes the sentence very confusing. Text is "This faith is the only ground from which can spring that love which..." I hear "This faith is the only ground from --- can spring that love which..."
  • 14:31 A word switch which changes the meaning and makes the sentence confusing. Text is "We can see from all the past history of God's dealings with his people as well as our own experience what this character must be and how obtained." I hear "We can see from all the past history of God's dealings with his people as well as our own experience that this character must be and how obtained."
Please correct these things and resubmit with the correct file name. :) Again, great job for a first submission! I look forward to the rest!
RayanneR

Post by RayanneR »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_04_patterson_128kb.mp3
Here's the updated version. Hopefully I didn't make it too loud. I think I had it set to a lower volume to avoid clipping, but maybe there's an ideal in between setting. I've also replaced all the recommended sections. Let me know if there's anything else you catch.
With grins,
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

RayanneR wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:59 am https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_04_patterson_128kb.mp3
Here's the updated version. Hopefully I didn't make it too loud. I think I had it set to a lower volume to avoid clipping, but maybe there's an ideal in between setting. I've also replaced all the recommended sections. Let me know if there's anything else you catch.
With grins,
Thank you Rayanne, this is PL ok now!

I'm still hearing the same fading in and out in the new takes you inserted, so it seems like that is still an issue for you. I won't mention it again, but I hope you can find a way to prevent it. It is much more pleasant to listen to when the volume stays more or less even. :)

I'm looking forward to the next section whenever you get to it. Don't forget to include the run time when you post your link! :D