~ANCIENT MEDICINE] Natural History, volume 6, by Pliny the Elder - Leni

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13669
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 29th, 2020, 12:50 pm

MysticHaze wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 5:13 pm
I would like to claim sections 4 and 10 please.
Sure! Thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13669
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 29th, 2020, 12:51 pm

Owlivia wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 7:50 pm
Section 9
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/naturalhistoryvolume6_09_128kb.mp3
29:44.37 run time

Best wishes for the New Year!
Thanks! Happy New Year!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

sydneymariie
Posts: 17
Joined: December 15th, 2020, 2:49 pm

Post by sydneymariie » December 30th, 2020, 12:42 am

I can proof listen to sections 1, 12 and 15.

sydneymariie
Posts: 17
Joined: December 15th, 2020, 2:49 pm

Post by sydneymariie » December 30th, 2020, 2:57 am

I thought everything was great! Here were my more specific thoughts! You all did a great job.
Section 1(31:02): At 16:28 the pause is a little fast “…them with a herb, than to”, just the small pause with the comma. When I read with it, is’s too fast but just listening it sounds fine. Overall it sounded really good, there are so many big words I don’t know how you did so good reading the whole thing so smoothly!
Section 12 (28:07): I’m reading along and the text says “and then to apply raw veal to it, and to make the patient take either veal broth or hogs' lard” but I don’t hear at (22:29) “and then to apply raw veal to” it might be a different text but I don’t hear the same as the text says. I’m not trying to be super picky I just noticed the small part was missing. Other than that I didn’t hear any mistakes I thought it was great!
Section 15(30:59): This was great, I didn’t hear anything wrong with it.

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13669
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 30th, 2020, 10:16 am

Hello, sydneymariie and thanks for your effort.

However, these three sections had already been PLed. If you check on the window in the first post, to the extreme right there is a column with the status of each section, where it says "PL OK" or "Ready for PL", or "PL notes" etc.. The ones with PL OK (these are also marked in yellow) have already been PLed by someone. The ones that need PLing are marked "Ready for PL" (right now, only section 09). So you should look for the "Ready for PL ones", ok?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

mssan747
Posts: 5
Joined: November 28th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Post by mssan747 » January 2nd, 2021, 11:18 am

Hi, I only found one error in the audio done by Owlivia. “When again” is repeated. Book 28, Chapter 6 “Remedies Derived From Man” Page 287

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13669
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 2nd, 2021, 1:09 pm

mssan747 wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 11:18 am
Hi, I only found one error in the audio done by Owlivia. “When again” is repeated. Book 28, Chapter 6 “Remedies Derived From Man” Page 287
Hello, thanks for PLing. Could you please also tell us at what point (in minutes and seconds) of the recording the correction needs to be done? Thanks!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

gusha
Posts: 64
Joined: December 18th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Post by gusha » January 4th, 2021, 1:18 pm

Hi,

Can I claim Section 13 please?

Thanks.
Usha

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13669
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 4th, 2021, 5:27 pm

gusha wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 1:18 pm
Hi,

Can I claim Section 13 please?

Thanks.
Usha
Sure! Thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Owlivia
Posts: 437
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » January 5th, 2021, 4:58 pm

Leni wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 1:09 pm
mssan747 wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 11:18 am
Hi, I only found one error in the audio done by Owlivia. “When again” is repeated. Book 28, Chapter 6 “Remedies Derived From Man” Page 287
Hello, thanks for PLing. Could you please also tell us at what point (in minutes and seconds) of the recording the correction needs to be done? Thanks!
Hi, I looked it up and found it at 23:55. Deleted the repeat and loaded the corrected file
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/naturalhistoryvolume6_09_128kb.mp3
run time 29:43.09
🦉

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13669
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 5th, 2021, 5:43 pm

Thanks much, Deborah!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

MysticHaze
Posts: 14
Joined: September 18th, 2020, 8:19 am

Post by MysticHaze » January 8th, 2021, 9:37 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/naturalhistoryvolume6_04_128kb.mp3
Here's the recording for section 4. It's 39:11 min long. I tried my best with the Latin words. On pages 205 and 212 there were 3 asterisks (***) in the text. I wasn't sure what to do there. It looked like those were sections of text missing but I just kept reading what text was there.

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13669
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 10th, 2021, 10:24 am

MysticHaze wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 9:37 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/naturalhistoryvolume6_04_128kb.mp3
Here's the recording for section 4. It's 39:11 min long. I tried my best with the Latin words. On pages 205 and 212 there were 3 asterisks (***) in the text. I wasn't sure what to do there. It looked like those were sections of text missing but I just kept reading what text was there.
Thanks! I will PL soon. Yes, the *** usually mean text missing, and we just skip them, or make a pause.
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Roxanneh
Posts: 9
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 4:27 am

Post by Roxanneh » January 20th, 2021, 5:58 pm

Can I claim section 16 please?
- Roxanne

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13669
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 20th, 2021, 6:26 pm

Roxanneh wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 5:58 pm
Can I claim section 16 please?
- Roxanne
Sure, thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Post Reply