COMPLETE The Magnificent Adventure by Emerson Hough - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Here is Chapter 08 once again. My previous recordings of this Chapter have been grossly deficient with respect to sound quality. I have pursued the various suggestions given to me by you folks in this regard and am hoping that this recording will reflect may application of those suggestions and that is recording is much better. I would appreciate it if you would let me know if that is the case.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/magnificantadventure_08_hough_128kb.mp3 Time:24:22
Russ Bruno
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

adr6090 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 2:22 pm
Alondra wrote: September 24th, 2020, 11:04 am Ok Have read back quite a few posts and I am still confused.

My next reading being section 25 The Bee, is it Part 2 Chapter 11 or 25? Sorry!! and thanks.

Sandra
Hello Alondra,
Sections 25 & 27 are claimed by you to read on 9/18 while section 11 was claimed by a different reader on 9/6
Both of your claimed sections are part two though the chapter number is an answer for Rita to give.
April

Your section 25 should be read as "Part II, chapter XI"
Section 27 should be: "Part II, chapter XIII"

For this book, we are not saying "section"
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

RitaBoutros wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 4:37 am
Sec 26 is PL OK :thumbs:

Ann: Would you be kind enough to make sure that this revised file has been put into the MW? I see that the old file (which was incorrectly named part 2, chapter 12, is still there. Many thanks
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Shasta wrote: September 25th, 2020, 5:24 pm Here is Chapter 08 once again. My previous recordings of this Chapter have been grossly deficient with respect to sound quality. I have pursued the various suggestions given to me by you folks in this regard and am hoping that this recording will reflect may application of those suggestions and that is recording is much better. I would appreciate it if you would let me know if that is the case.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/magnificantadventure_08_hough_128kb.mp3 Time:24:22
Russ, your new recording is much much better! Definitely worth it to do it over. Your volume came in at 88.5 which is good.

I have given this section a PL OK and will only need to ask one of our admins now: There is a typo in the name of the file (magnificant should be magnificent). Is it necessary to redo this, or can we go forward at this point? I am reluctant to ask Russ to revise yet again. Please advise. Thanks
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

HIU:

I have read sections 25 and 27 but in the book these are Chapter 11 and 13, which I have mentioned in the reading. I hope this is right,

Sandra
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, the correct section 26 link is in the MW. Please make sure that it is, just because I am paranoid! :D

Russ doesn't need to upload a new file just to correct a misspelling in the file name. I had learned a long time ago that I need to fix all of the file names when I catalog, even if they are all correct. Sometimes, there is a very tiny mistake that I don't see because it is so very easy to miss those tiny mistakes, and then I have to spend triple the time trying to figure out what I did wrong. It is so incredibly easy to save myself all that work by just pushing one button, so that is what I do! Long story short, don't worry about misspellings, or even the completely wrong file names, because I will fix it later. Just make sure that the file is where it should be!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CarolReh

Post by CarolReh »

Hello! I am new, this is my first attempt at recording. I would like to claim section 15.
I already did the 1 minute test. I would like to go under the name Carol R.

Thank you! :)
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

CarolReh wrote: September 27th, 2020, 7:36 am Hello! I am new, this is my first attempt at recording. I would like to claim section 15.
I already did the 1 minute test. I would like to go under the name Carol R.

Thank you! :)
Section 15 is yours to read and thanks for claiming!
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

MortHobbs wrote: September 25th, 2020, 10:43 am
adr6090 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:55 am
MortHobbs wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 7:26 pm

Hello, very sorry. Not trying to skip procedure. I signed up awhile ago and didn't know I had to resubmit my minute test. All good! Here's my confirmation thread.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=82782

I'd like my reader name to be displayed as Mortimer Hobbs if at all possible.
Hello,
It is not that it is necessary for you to take the 1 minute test again, if you received the okay from the first test that it all I need to know and then I will assign that section to you.
Thanks! So I'm all set? My confirmation test is linked above. I couldn't find my original thread but that was back in 2017.
Section 22 is yours, record away.
April
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

mleigh wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:22 am Here are my two sections:

7 Colonel Burr and His Daughter

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/magnificentadventure_07_hough_128kb.mp3
10:18

11 The Taming of Patrick Gass

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/magnificentadventure_11_hough_128kb.mp3
12:04

Thanks,

M

Sections 7 and 11 nicely read :thumbs: I have just a couple of notes:

Sec 7:
At the start, please say "Part 1, chapter 7"
3:32 phrase missing: "her start" (you can do a cut and paste here to add these words - let me know if you need help doing that)
At the end, please say "Part 1, chapter 7"

Sec 11:
At the start, please say "Part 1, chapter 11"
2:43 "I can kick the best of yez" should be "I can lick the best of yez"
At the end, "End of part 1, chapter 11"

Just FYI, there is no need to fill out the Metadata window (the one that opens when you are saving). All of that gets overwritten anyway when the book gets catalogued.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Alondra wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:26 pm HIU:

I have read sections 25 and 27 but in the book these are Chapter 11 and 13, which I have mentioned in the reading. I hope this is right,

Sandra
Hi Sandra
Your section 25 is PL OK :thumbs: I will get to 27 soon :D
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

RitaBoutros wrote: September 28th, 2020, 6:08 am

Thanks,

M

Sec 7:
3:32 phrase missing: "her start" (you can do a cut and paste here to add these words - let me know if you need help doing that)

Sec 11:

Just FYI, there is no need to fill out the Metadata window (the one that opens when you are saving). All of that gets overwritten anyway when the book gets catalogued.

Sorry, I did not know there were two parts but I'll fix that and the incorrect text in the recordings when I am back home on Monday.

(The only reason I filled in the ID tag information was because it was in the instructions on page 1.)

Just curious, do you know how factual the story is? I was just wondering if the chapter on Burr and his daughter was true to character for them as neither seemed like a nice person.

M
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

mleigh wrote: September 28th, 2020, 7:50 am
RitaBoutros wrote: September 28th, 2020, 6:08 am

Thanks,

M

Sec 7:

Sec 11:

Sorry, I did not know there were two parts but I'll fix that and the incorrect text in the recordings when I am back home on Monday.

(The only reason I filled in the ID tag information was because it was in the instructions on page 1.)

Just curious, do you know how factual the story is? I was just wondering if the chapter on Burr and his daughter was true to character for them as neither seemed like a nice person.

M
It is described as a Story of the World's Greatest Exploration and the Romance of a Very Gallant Gentleman so let us hope it is accurate and this is just that, a story.
April
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Russ Bruno
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Shasta wrote: September 28th, 2020, 2:27 pm Here is 09

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/magnificentadventure_09_hough_128kb.mp3 Time: 31:33
thank you
April