[GRP/Bio] Charles the Bold, Last Duke of Burgundy by Ruth Putnam - lt

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
MFD32
Posts: 71
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am
Location: Boston

Post by MFD32 » September 17th, 2020, 5:46 am

Shall I continue on, or would you like someone else to have a chance?

-mark-

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21611
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 17th, 2020, 7:34 am

MFD32 wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 5:46 am
Shall I continue on, or would you like someone else to have a chance?

-mark-
I’ve given you the next 2 chapters. I don’t have a limit on how many sections are recorded by one reader, although I do suggest restricting yourself to, say, 5 sections at a time. Other BCs may have other guidelines, so you’ll need to check project by project.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

sriyab
Posts: 1
Joined: September 17th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Post by sriyab » September 21st, 2020, 1:22 pm

Hello, can I please take section 9?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21611
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 21st, 2020, 1:48 pm

sriyab wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 1:22 pm
Hello, can I please take section 9?
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

MFD32
Posts: 71
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am
Location: Boston

Post by MFD32 » September 21st, 2020, 4:53 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21611
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 21st, 2020, 4:55 pm

MFD32 wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 4:53 pm
Chapter 7 is ready.

32:03
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlesthebold_07_putnam_128kb.mp3

-mark-
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1408
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » September 23rd, 2020, 5:42 am

MFD32 wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 4:53 pm
Chapter 7 is ready.

32:03
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlesthebold_07_putnam_128kb.mp3

-mark-
Another great recording! PL OK

markfriendlds
Posts: 57
Joined: July 15th, 2020, 3:25 am

Post by markfriendlds » September 24th, 2020, 11:21 am

I'd like to take chapters 10 and 11.
Please advise if that's ok.
thanks

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21611
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 24th, 2020, 12:16 pm

markfriendlds wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 11:21 am
I'd like to take chapters 10 and 11.
Please advise if that's ok.
thanks
Duly assigned :mrgreen:
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

markfriendlds
Posts: 57
Joined: July 15th, 2020, 3:25 am

Post by markfriendlds » September 24th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Lynnet,
I didn't realize there would be so much French quoted in this book. I can't speak it and I'm failing miserably at trying to pronounce it, even with the aide of Google Translate. I'm going to try to find a book in just English. Please take me off this one.
thanks

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21611
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 25th, 2020, 7:53 am

markfriendlds wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Lynnet,
I didn't realize there would be so much French quoted in this book. I can't speak it and I'm failing miserably at trying to pronounce it, even with the aide of Google Translate. I'm going to try to find a book in just English. Please take me off this one.
thanks
:thumbs:

For future reference, we have a pronunciation help thread in the Need Help forum.
Also, rather than Google Translate, try howjasay.com (followed by the language)
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

MFD32
Posts: 71
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am
Location: Boston

Post by MFD32 » September 25th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Chapter 8 is ready

23:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlesthebold_08_putnam_128kb.mp3

Keep 'em coming.

-Mark-

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21611
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 25th, 2020, 4:32 pm

MFD32 wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 4:23 pm
Chapter 8 is ready

23:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlesthebold_08_putnam_128kb.mp3

Keep 'em coming.

-Mark-
Thank you.
Do I take it you’re claiming the next 2?
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

MFD32
Posts: 71
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am
Location: Boston

Post by MFD32 » September 27th, 2020, 4:58 pm

So, for Chapter 10....
On pages 302 -305 , there's some crazy Middle English spelling going on. I found a translation that I'm going to read this from. Just wanted to let the bosses know 8-)

https://archive.org/stream/pastonletterssel00jone/pastonletterssel00jone_djvu.txt

It's letter # XXVIII, about halfway down the page.

-Mark-

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21611
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 27th, 2020, 5:50 pm

MFD32 wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 4:58 pm
So, for Chapter 10....
On pages 302 -305 , there's some crazy Middle English spelling going on. I found a translation that I'm going to read this from. Just wanted to let the bosses know 8-)

https://archive.org/stream/pastonletterssel00jone/pastonletterssel00jone_djvu.txt

It's letter # XXVIII, about halfway down the page.

-Mark-
That’s fine with me. I’ll add that text to the project page.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

Post Reply