COMPLETE Exposition Psalms 1 - 36 (Vol 1) St Augustine-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

If you think they make a material difference, you can point them out and ask the BC/MC whether they are important enough to be corrected. Leaving breaths in or taking them out is not a mistake, but a stylistic preference. Thanks for understanding.
Kinghezy

Post by Kinghezy »

ancientchristian wrote: July 11th, 2020, 9:31 amJust to clarify if I notice any further mistakes in the other psalms should I leave them alone?
mightyfelix wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:02 am If you think they make a material difference, you can point them out and ask the BC/MC whether they are important enough to be corrected. Leaving breaths in or taking them out is not a mistake, but a stylistic preference. Thanks for understanding.
It sounds like the concern is someone will have to re-review and that's not a great use of time (can't spend our time constantly reviewing one section). Maybe, if this type of review is desired by one who is recording, you could hold it to be reviewed by PL until you went back through again to make those changes.
Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kinghezy wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:54 am
ancientchristian wrote: July 11th, 2020, 9:31 amJust to clarify if I notice any further mistakes in the other psalms should I leave them alone?
mightyfelix wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:02 am If you think they make a material difference, you can point them out and ask the BC/MC whether they are important enough to be corrected. Leaving breaths in or taking them out is not a mistake, but a stylistic preference. Thanks for understanding.
It sounds like the concern is someone will have to re-review and that's not a great use of time (can't spend our time constantly reviewing one section). Maybe, if this type of review is desired by one who is recording, you could hold it to be reviewed by PL until you went back through again to make those changes.
You've got the right idea, but this is still not ideal. Our server space is limited, so we'd also like to limit the number of re-uploads to just what is needed. This is why we ask that the reader complete all desired edits before uploading the first time.
Kinghezy

Post by Kinghezy »

mightyfelix wrote: July 11th, 2020, 11:44 am
Kinghezy wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:54 am
You've got the right idea, but this is still not ideal. Our server space is limited, so we'd also like to limit the number of re-uploads to just what is needed. This is why we ask that the reader complete all desired edits before uploading the first time.
Sure. I think we are saying the same thing. :clap:

I was thinking we would spend our time editing as much as we think appropriate, and only upload for PL to review when ready. Not that we would keep reviewing what we uploaded.
Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You got it! :thumbs:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

36, please.
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Peace be with you,
Sister
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KevinS wrote: July 16th, 2020, 5:13 pm36, please.
I assigned you section 36, not Psalm 36. If that's not what you meant, let me know and I'll switch it.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:39 am
KevinS wrote: July 16th, 2020, 5:13 pm36, please.
I assigned you section 36, not Psalm 36. If that's not what you meant, let me know and I'll switch it.
I'm so foolish. I mean section 39 (Psalm 36.) Sorry for the confusion.
MagdaleneMiller

Post by MagdaleneMiller »

I can PL SEC 14 now..
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
MagdaleneMiller

MagdaleneMiller wrote: July 17th, 2020, 10:04 am I can PL SEC 14 now..
Sec 14 - Psalm 15 .... PL OK
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both! MW updated.

Magdalene, are you sure you don't want me to put you in as DPL? You've done almost all of them so far. :wink: No pressure, though.
MagdaleneMiller

Yes. Please.
That would be fine. I love Listening to this project. Would I be able to change the PL status from the magic window?
Also if I change the status should I also post it in the thread as well?
Thanks!
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MagdaleneMiller wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:02 pm Yes. Please.
That would be fine. I love Listening to this project. Would I be able to change the PL status from the magic window?
Also if I change the status should I also post it in the thread as well?
Thanks!
Great, I've added you in! You should have access to the MW now, and yes, that will include being able to change the section status. Do continue to post in the thread. I think of it almost as a two-factor authentication. :wink: It gives us a record of when the section was PLed and whether it needed anything. (There's no edit history for the MW, so we wouldn't be able to go back and look if you didn't post.)
MagdaleneMiller

Ok .. thank you for clearing that up.
Magdalene
}—>+<—{