COMPLETE Exposition Psalms 1 - 36 (Vol 1) St Augustine-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
superk

Post by superk »

mightyfelix wrote: June 27th, 2020, 7:32 pm
superk wrote: June 27th, 2020, 7:24 pm I can PL a couple of these sections. I’ve already PL’d Psalm 4 and can give you my thoughts on it.
Welcome! I see that Tricia has already given you the run-down on what standard PL means. Were there problems with this recording that need to be addressed?
I did not find any glaring problems with Psalm 4, except that I found the volume to be a little quiet. It wasn’t to the point where I couldn’t hear it, and I think it’s just down to personal preference. I just turned up my volume to hear better. It is something I wanted to bring up, though. I also PL’d Psalm 5 and found a couple of things, along with the same volume “situation”:

9:35 it sounds like you stuttered a tiny bit: “But if that which is not... be spoken...”

12:05 there is a very faint background noise that can be heard from 12:05 to 12:15.

Other than that, both sections sound great! I’m planning on doing PL for more sections today as well-enough to take up 2 hours-and will let you know when I’m done with those. Keep up the great work, everybody!
superk

Post by superk »

superk wrote: June 28th, 2020, 2:14 pm
mightyfelix wrote: June 27th, 2020, 7:32 pm
superk wrote: June 27th, 2020, 7:24 pm I can PL a couple of these sections. I’ve already PL’d Psalm 4 and can give you my thoughts on it.
Welcome! I see that Tricia has already given you the run-down on what standard PL means. Were there problems with this recording that need to be addressed?
I did not find any glaring problems with Psalm 4, except that I found the volume to be a little quiet. It wasn’t to the point where I couldn’t hear it, and I think it’s just down to personal preference. I just turned up my volume to hear better. It is something I wanted to bring up, though. I also PL’d Psalm 5 and found a couple of things, along with the same volume “situation”:

9:35 it sounds like you stuttered a tiny bit: “But if that which is not... be spoken...”

12:05 there is a very faint background noise that can be heard from 12:05 to 12:15.

Other than that, both sections sound great! I’m planning on doing PL for more sections today as well-enough to take up 2 hours-and will let you know when I’m done with those. Keep up the great work, everybody!
Update: I am going to PL Psalm 7 and the double section consisting of 9 and 10.
superk

Post by superk »

I have finished the PL of Psalm 7.

5:00 A slight pause that was likely unintentional. “As one to... whom already perfected...”

46:13 You list the ending as “End of Psalm 6.” It is Psalm 7 and you say so at the beginning of the recording.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you for working on these. The volume for both of them is well within our required range, and in fact section 4 is on the higher end of the range. I think the other two notes you have here are sufficiently minor that we can let them go (and in fact, I couldn't hear the background noise you mentioned). I appreciate your pointing them out, though!

Have you heard about Checker? It's a great tool for PLers, especially for determining volume. Some BCs will expect their DPLs to check for technical requirements on each file, which Checker will do for you. (Not every BC will ask you to do this, and it's often an unspoken expectation. Ask me how I found that out. :roll:) Anway, it's handy to have. :D
ancientchristian

Post by ancientchristian »

OK changes made to Psalm 7. Ready for a spot check.
superk

Post by superk »

mightyfelix wrote: June 28th, 2020, 3:25 pm

Thank you for working on these. The volume for both of them is well within our required range, and in fact section 4 is on the higher end of the range. I think the other two notes you have here are sufficiently minor that we can let them go (and in fact, I couldn't hear the background noise you mentioned). I appreciate your pointing them out, though!

Have you heard about Checker? It's a great tool for PLers, especially for determining volume. Some BCs will expect their DPLs to check for technical requirements on each file, which Checker will do for you. (Not every BC will ask you to do this, and it's often an unspoken expectation. Ask me how I found that out. :roll:) Anway, it's handy to have. :D
Thanks for the recommendation! And you’ll have to forgive me, this is pretty much my first time doing PL. I remember reading the guide and seeing recommendations about what to look for and what not to look for. It says not to take reading style into account, but that can be a challenge to discern between genuine mispronounces and pauses. That being said, I have finished a PL of Psalm 9 and 10, and it sounded fine to me.
superk

Post by superk »

ancientchristian wrote: June 28th, 2020, 4:16 pm OK changes made to Psalm 7. Ready for a spot check.
Just checked it. Sounds great!
ancientchristian

Post by ancientchristian »

MagdaleneMiller wrote: June 27th, 2020, 8:40 pm Psalm 6 ... section 6 ... PL NOTES

At 0:54 — omitted a word... “knoweth”

At 4:15 — “conversion” should be “conversation”

At 10:03– “Art not speaking” should be “ “art yet Speaking”

At 10:10– added a word “ do not turn” should be “do turn”

At 11:58– “elevate” should be “cleave”

At 20:23–“hauled” should be “ handled”

At 25:03– “ vanity” should be “ vaunting”
I did a bit of a hack job with the corrections, but it should be ready for PL Spot check.
Kinghezy

Post by Kinghezy »

Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you everyone! MW updated. Please let me know if I missed something.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

superk wrote: June 28th, 2020, 4:21 pm Thanks for the recommendation! And you’ll have to forgive me, this is pretty much my first time doing PL. I remember reading the guide and seeing recommendations about what to look for and what not to look for. It says not to take reading style into account, but that can be a challenge to discern between genuine mispronounces and pauses. That being said, I have finished a PL of Psalm 9 and 10, and it sounded fine to me.
No apology necessary, we all have to start somewhere! When I PL, for things like that, things I'm not sure about, or that I feel might only be my ears playing tricks or my personal opinion on something, I'll still make a note of it, but I'll qualify it as optional, and then let the BC make the final call. :)
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Monaxi wrote: June 28th, 2020, 4:25 am I would also like to claim sections 12-16 (which is Psalms 13-17). Thank you!
Hi! I think you missed this one. Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Monaxi wrote: June 29th, 2020, 6:34 am
Monaxi wrote: June 28th, 2020, 4:25 am I would also like to claim sections 12-16 (which is Psalms 13-17). Thank you!
Hi! I think you missed this one. Thank you!
Got it now, thanks!
MagdaleneMiller

Post by MagdaleneMiller »

Psalm 6 ... section 6 . PL Spot Ck OK.

I think it sounds fine...anyone who didn’t know you “hacked in” to change a few words would not likely notice.
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
MagdaleneMiller

Post by MagdaleneMiller »

Psalm 8 ... I would like to start PL on this. I don’t see where anyone else has started listening to it yet..
Thanks!
Magdalene
}—>+<—{