COMPLETE [WOMEN BIOGRAPHIES] The Empresses of Constantinople, by Joseph McCabe - Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MajorHistory

Post by MajorHistory »

Please un-assign me from my unread sections. Kind regards, Mike.
COGITO ! , (cough... volunteering) ERGO SUM !, :)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

MajorHistory wrote: August 5th, 2020, 11:46 am Please un-assign me from my unread sections. Kind regards, Mike.
Done!
Leni
=================
sandeeb

Post by sandeeb »

Hello I would like to record for a breath of chivalry sec 1140-1185 I'm new here ... Do I send you the 1 min test ....sorry so much info i'm a bit confused :help: :)
lisavillado

Post by lisavillado »

I would like to read section 16, Eudocia.

Also, do you have any suggestions for name pronunciation resources :? . I am relatively new here, and I could use a few tips for issues like this!

Thanks so much for your help!
Lisa Villado
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

sandeeb wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 1:39 pm Hello I would like to record for a breath of chivalry sec 1140-1185 I'm new here ... Do I send you the 1 min test ....sorry so much info i'm a bit confused :help: :)
Hello, and welcome to Librivox

So, to start, yes, we would need your one-minute test, if you still hadn't done it. But I saw you already posted your test, so, all you need to do is:

1) Let me know under what name/pseudonym you would like to be listed in our catalogue.
2) Wait until someone checks your test there and give you some feedback.
3) If needed, change your test until you get an OK.
3) Start recording the sections here! :D
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

lisavillado wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 7:32 pm I would like to read section 16, Eudocia.

Also, do you have any suggestions for name pronunciation resources :? . I am relatively new here, and I could use a few tips for issues like this!

Thanks so much for your help!
Lisa Villado
Hello, Lisa, and thanks for claiming!

As to resources for names, I suggest:
howjsay.com (doesn't have obscure names, but common ones, yes)
www.webster.com (more or less the same as above, but sometimes you find something in one or the other)
the page for the person in wikipedia sometimes has the phonetic transcription, such as for Eudocia herself (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aelia_Eudocia)

Other than that, feel free to ask here - or to make a guess, and be consistent with it throughout the recording :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
sandeeb

Post by sandeeb »

Leni, thank you , I am waiting for someone to listen to my 1 min test still, I havent heard back from anyone.... and sandeeb is fine ... Ill let you know when I hear from someone
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

sandeeb wrote: August 24th, 2020, 1:31 pm Leni, thank you , I am waiting for someone to listen to my 1 min test still, I havent heard back from anyone.... and sandeeb is fine ... Ill let you know when I hear from someone
Great, thanks! Sections assigned to you. :)
Leni
=================
sandeeb

Post by sandeeb »

Hello there, I feel I have bitten off more than I can chew ..with A breath of Chivalry yikes, I find it very tough to read I'm so sorry I cannot go on trying; I need something more my speed lol .... Is there anyway you can take me off of the hook? I thank you in advance. :oops:
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

sandeeb wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 4:41 pm Hello there, I feel I have bitten off more than I can chew ..with A breath of Chivalry yikes, I find it very tough to read I'm so sorry I cannot go on trying; I need something more my speed lol .... Is there anyway you can take me off of the hook? I thank you in advance. :oops:
Sure, no problem! Thanks for letting us know!
Leni
=================
lisavillado

Post by lisavillado »

Section 16, Eudocia, is ready for DPL! As always, I'd love any feedback, beyond technical issues, that you'd be willing to provide to help me improve my narration.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_16_mccabe_128kb.mp3
Duration - 36:52

Gratefully,
Lisa Villado
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

lisavillado wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 1:43 pm Section 16, Eudocia, is ready for DPL! As always, I'd love any feedback, beyond technical issues, that you'd be willing to provide to help me improve my narration.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_16_mccabe_128kb.mp3
Duration - 36:52

Gratefully,
Lisa Villado
Thanks much, Lisa! Our PLer will give you some feedback soon.
Leni
=================
LGroden

Post by LGroden »

Section 16 is PL OK!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here comes section 11, at 35:38:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_11_mccabe_128kb.mp3

A veritable Game of Empresses here! And rather annoying too, since they only could come up with three names or so and repeated them throughout. I think GRRM is a better inventor of names. :lol:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
NancyChris

Post by NancyChris »

Hello!

I'd like to read Section 12.

Thanks!

NancyChris