[CHILDREN] Harper's Young People, Issue 22 -jo

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
BettyB
Posts: 2226
Joined: July 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Post by BettyB » May 25th, 2020, 4:01 pm


jillebean
Posts: 2600
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » May 25th, 2020, 4:07 pm

BettyB wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Uploaded for spot check at 7:20.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hyp022_08_various_128kb.mp3

Betty
Thank you!

Jill

JorWat
Posts: 1315
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » May 25th, 2020, 4:17 pm

BettyB wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Uploaded for spot check at 7:20.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hyp022_08_various_128kb.mp3

Betty
PL OK
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

DelaneyNoelle
Posts: 15
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 1:10 pm

Post by DelaneyNoelle » May 30th, 2020, 10:39 am

Hi,
Can I claim section 6?

jillebean
Posts: 2600
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » May 30th, 2020, 12:12 pm

DelaneyNoelle wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 10:39 am
Hi,
Can I claim section 6?
You certainly can! Enjoy!

Jill :)

msmay31
Posts: 18
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 3:46 pm

Post by msmay31 » June 2nd, 2020, 4:05 pm

Hi,
Could I please do section 5?
Thanks!

jillebean
Posts: 2600
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » June 2nd, 2020, 11:16 pm

msmay31 wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 4:05 pm
Hi,
Could I please do section 5?
Thanks!
Yes! You may certainly claim section 5. We're glad to have you! I see you have posted your 1-minute test on the Listeners and Editors Wanted board, that's great! It's best if you get feedback there and get your test OK-ed before recording for this project, however since you already have that in progress you should be close to being ready.

I have added you to the LibriVox catalog, you can see your catalog page at: https://librivox.org/reader/14430. You can also get to this by clicking on your name in the Magic Window (MW). This is a good place to look to keep track of recordings you've signed up for, to see section details click on the link to "Reader Section Details" which appears just a few lines down from your name. This page includes your forum name "msmay31" and can also contain your real name or a pseudonym, plus a web site/blog if you have one you would like to link to. Let me know if you would like to add a name and/or a web site.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Welcome to LibriVox!

Jill

msmay31
Posts: 18
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 3:46 pm

Post by msmay31 » June 3rd, 2020, 4:10 am

jillebean wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 11:16 pm
msmay31 wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 4:05 pm
Hi,
Could I please do section 5?
Thanks!
Yes! You may certainly claim section 5. We're glad to have you! I see you have posted your 1-minute test on the Listeners and Editors Wanted board, that's great! It's best if you get feedback there and get your test OK-ed before recording for this project, however since you already have that in progress you should be close to being ready.

I have added you to the LibriVox catalog, you can see your catalog page at: https://librivox.org/reader/14430. You can also get to this by clicking on your name in the Magic Window (MW). This is a good place to look to keep track of recordings you've signed up for, to see section details click on the link to "Reader Section Details" which appears just a few lines down from your name. This page includes your forum name "msmay31" and can also contain your real name or a pseudonym, plus a web site/blog if you have one you would like to link to. Let me know if you would like to add a name and/or a web site.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Welcome to LibriVox!

Jill
Could I please be listed as Margaret? Thank you so much!

jillebean
Posts: 2600
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » June 3rd, 2020, 11:27 pm

Yes, our Meta Coordinator Jo can make that update for you. Jo, will you update Margaret's catalog listing? Thank you!

Jill

msmay31
Posts: 18
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 3:46 pm

Post by msmay31 » June 4th, 2020, 10:42 am


knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16294
Joined: November 18th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Post by knotyouraveragejo » June 4th, 2020, 12:49 pm

jillebean wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 11:27 pm
Yes, our Meta Coordinator Jo can make that update for you. Jo, will you update Margaret's catalog listing? Thank you!

Jill
All set :)
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

JorWat
Posts: 1315
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » June 4th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Hi Margeret,

Just a couple of things, one of which is optional:

0:28 (optional): 'Noblesse oblige', being French, is typically pronounced 'noh-BLES oh-BLEEZH', not 'uh-BLAHYJ'.
5:07 (optional): 'Nobeless oblige' again.
9:57: The ending silence is too short. You should aim for five seconds, but you've got less than two.

Also, for future reference, it's typical to include the length of the recording when you post it here, so that we can add it to the magic window quicker.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

DelaneyNoelle
Posts: 15
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 1:10 pm

Post by DelaneyNoelle » June 4th, 2020, 3:36 pm

jillebean wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 12:12 pm
DelaneyNoelle wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 10:39 am
Hi,
Can I claim section 6?
You certainly can! Enjoy!

Jill :)
Here's the link! The running time is 12:08. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hyp022_06_various128kb.mp3

jillebean
Posts: 2600
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » June 4th, 2020, 10:18 pm

DelaneyNoelle wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:36 pm
Here's the link! The running time is 12:08. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hyp022_06_various128kb.mp3
Thank you!

And thank you Margaret for your section and Jordan for PLing!

Jill :)

msmay31
Posts: 18
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 3:46 pm

Post by msmay31 » June 6th, 2020, 3:00 pm


Post Reply