[Children] Uncle Wiggily in Wonderland - philc

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
julianpratley
Posts: 364
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » May 16th, 2020, 4:53 am

nolkedu wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 12:58 pm

Apologies! I think I got it fixed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/unclewiggilyinwonderland_06_garis_128kb.mp3
Well read but just a couple of technical issues that need to be addressed.
  • You could use a round of noise-cleaning, which is very simple to do in Audacity.
  • There should be 5 seconds at the end of every LibriVox recording - you only have 3.
Please make these adjustments and re-upload, and don't forget to mention the new recording length :D
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

MikeO
Posts: 4
Joined: May 15th, 2020, 3:02 am

Post by MikeO » May 16th, 2020, 2:00 pm

Could I please take 14 - Uncle Wiggily and the Magic Bottles?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18221
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 16th, 2020, 2:31 pm

MikeO wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 2:00 pm
Could I please take 14 - Uncle Wiggily and the Magic Bottles?
Yes. Section 14 is all yours. And welcome to LibriVox. Ask if anything is confusing. :thumbs:
EDIT: Mike, you have a forum name (MikeO) and a catalog name. They can be the same but if you want a differnt one for catalog credits just let me know, ok?
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Why was Pavlov's hair so soft? Cause he conditioned it of course.


Pssss! Some Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

tinsweep
Posts: 6
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 8:12 pm

Post by tinsweep » May 18th, 2020, 2:18 pm

I'd love to do Section 7, but whatever you'd like to assign - this is my first LibriVox recording.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18221
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 18th, 2020, 2:30 pm

tinsweep wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 2:18 pm
I'd love to do Section 7, but whatever you'd like to assign - this is my first LibriVox recording.
Hi tinsweep and welcome to this project. I am going to assign section 7 to you but do not record it until you have successfully done your 1 minute test. You welcome email has instructions on this. The purpose of the little test is to be sure that your technical specs match what we use here, it is not an audition. Rest assured, your voice is fine!. Here are some videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlaRY_-bcfs and how to upload it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTSlFSoEeY&feature=youtu.be

If you have any questions please ask and welcome again. Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin (who is currently working from home of course) welcomes you too with her happy dance Image:D

EDIT: how would you like to be credited in our catalog? What name? most of us use our real name but it is up to you.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Why was Pavlov's hair so soft? Cause he conditioned it of course.


Pssss! Some Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

tinsweep
Posts: 6
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 8:12 pm

Post by tinsweep » May 18th, 2020, 2:52 pm

philchenevert wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 2:30 pm

EDIT: how would you like to be credited in our catalog? What name? most of us use our real name but it is up to you.
Awesome, I've got a new mic being delivered later this week, so I'll get on that test.

And I'll go with "Ando" for any credits, thanks!

MikeO
Posts: 4
Joined: May 15th, 2020, 3:02 am

Post by MikeO » May 19th, 2020, 4:47 am

philchenevert wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 2:31 pm
Yes. Section 14 is all yours. And welcome to LibriVox. Ask if anything is confusing. :thumbs:
EDIT: Mike, you have a forum name (MikeO) and a catalog name. They can be the same but if you want a differnt one for catalog credits just let me know, ok?
Section 14 is here: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/unclewiggilyinwonderland_14_garis_128kb.mp3

Duration 06:17

Re catalog / forum name, I'm happy to stick with MikeO thanks.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18221
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 19th, 2020, 5:36 am

MikeO wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 4:47 am
philchenevert wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 2:31 pm
Yes. Section 14 is all yours. And welcome to LibriVox. Ask if anything is confusing. :thumbs:
EDIT: Mike, you have a forum name (MikeO) and a catalog name. They can be the same but if you want a differnt one for catalog credits just let me know, ok?
Section 14 is here: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/unclewiggilyinwonderland_14_garis_128kb.mp3

Duration 06:17

Re catalog / forum name, I'm happy to stick with MikeO thanks.
thanks Mike. I will put this into the magic window to be proof listened. (is that a verb?) :hmm:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Why was Pavlov's hair so soft? Cause he conditioned it of course.


Pssss! Some Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

julianpratley
Posts: 364
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » May 20th, 2020, 4:47 am

MikeO wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 4:47 am


Section 14 is here: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/unclewiggilyinwonderland_14_garis_128kb.mp3

Duration 06:17

Re catalog / forum name, I'm happy to stick with MikeO thanks.
PL OK :D
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

tinsweep
Posts: 6
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 8:12 pm

Post by tinsweep » May 20th, 2020, 7:56 pm

philchenevert wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Hi tinsweep and welcome to this project. I am going to assign section 7 to you but do not record it until you have successfully done your 1 minute test. You welcome email has instructions on this. The purpose of the little test is to be sure that your technical specs match what we use here, it is not an audition. Rest assured, your voice is fine!. Here are some videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlaRY_-bcfs and how to upload it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTSlFSoEeY&feature=youtu.be
I've got my test posted:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=80218

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18221
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 20th, 2020, 8:56 pm

tinsweep wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 7:56 pm
philchenevert wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Hi tinsweep and welcome to this project. I am going to assign section 7 to you but do not record it until you have successfully done your 1 minute test. You welcome email has instructions on this. The purpose of the little test is to be sure that your technical specs match what we use here, it is not an audition. Rest assured, your voice is fine!. Here are some videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlaRY_-bcfs and how to upload it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTSlFSoEeY&feature=youtu.be
I've got my test posted:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=80218
Wow again. Your test was great, everything right on the button and your voice is... well.. professional if ever I've heard one! Jump in and have fun. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Why was Pavlov's hair so soft? Cause he conditioned it of course.


Pssss! Some Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

nolkedu
Posts: 8
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 8:44 am

Post by nolkedu » May 21st, 2020, 9:35 am

julianpratley wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 4:53 am
nolkedu wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 12:58 pm

Apologies! I think I got it fixed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/unclewiggilyinwonderland_06_garis_128kb.mp3
Well read but just a couple of technical issues that need to be addressed.
  • You could use a round of noise-cleaning, which is very simple to do in Audacity.
  • There should be 5 seconds at the end of every LibriVox recording - you only have 3.
Please make these adjustments and re-upload, and don't forget to mention the new recording length :D
Let's try again and see if I can follow directions :)
link: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/unclewiggilyinwonderland_06_garis_128kb.mp3
new time: 7:04

ADJDVO
Posts: 9
Joined: May 21st, 2020, 12:23 pm

Post by ADJDVO » May 21st, 2020, 1:55 pm

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and waiting to have my 1 minute test get the OK, but I would love to record a section of this. (doesn't matter which, whatever you still need)

Thanks!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18221
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 21st, 2020, 2:52 pm

ADJDVO wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 1:55 pm
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and waiting to have my 1 minute test get the OK, but I would love to record a section of this. (doesn't matter which, whatever you still need)

Thanks!
Welcome to LibriVox and to this Wiggily little book. I am assigning section 8 to you to record but of course wait until you have your OK from the 1 minute test. Once you get going and feel comfortable with recording, feel free to ask for more sections. :D
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Why was Pavlov's hair so soft? Cause he conditioned it of course.


Pssss! Some Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

ADJDVO
Posts: 9
Joined: May 21st, 2020, 12:23 pm

Post by ADJDVO » May 21st, 2020, 3:06 pm

philchenevert wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 2:52 pm


Welcome to LibriVox and to this Wiggily little book. I am assigning section 8 to you to record but of course wait until you have your OK from the 1 minute test. Once you get going and feel comfortable with recording, feel free to ask for more sections. :D
Sounds great! Thank you. :)

Post Reply