COMPLETE - [PSYCHOLOGY] Collected Papers on Analytical Psychology by Carl Jung - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Thank you. Will start soon.
Jhiu
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

I am reading Chapter One, Automatisms. However, this is also Section 5.
What should I say at the beginning of the reading?

'Chapter 1 of Collected Papers on .....'

or 'Chapter 1, Section 5 of Collected Papers...'

Thank you.

Jhiu
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

I have hit a problem in my recording, which you can't really help me with. I am using the microphone I used for my last recording, but on a desktop. The sound is very clear, but there is what I can only describe as a booming in the silences. When I was using my laptop, I was able to adjust the recording volume to cancel machine noise. I will attempt to do the same with the desktop. I should get the laptop back tomorrow, so I might return to recording on that.
Judith
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Jhiu wrote: September 9th, 2020, 11:42 am I am reading Chapter One, Automatisms. However, this is also Section 5.
What should I say at the beginning of the reading?

'Chapter 1 of Collected Papers on .....'

or 'Chapter 1, Section 5 of Collected Papers...'

Thank you.

Jhiu
Hi Judith!
We found out about this issue with the starting convention earlier on, but decided that it's probably quite late to call back all our volunteers involved in the project to get it standardized again.
So as of now, for clarity, it's certainly better to start with 'Chapter 1, Section 5 of Collected Papers...', although it may not be the way how previous readers did it in their recordings.
Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbs:
Jhiu wrote: September 9th, 2020, 12:04 pm I have hit a problem in my recording, which you can't really help me with. I am using the microphone I used for my last recording, but on a desktop. The sound is very clear, but there is what I can only describe as a booming in the silences. When I was using my laptop, I was able to adjust the recording volume to cancel machine noise. I will attempt to do the same with the desktop. I should get the laptop back tomorrow, so I might return to recording on that.
Judith
There's no hurry; take your time to do what's necessary :)
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Thank you. Hope to sort the noise issue today.
Jhiu
tomlearningguy

Post by tomlearningguy »

Hello Book Coodinator,

I would like to volunteer to read the following chapter:

Section 20, CHAPTER VIII, On Psychoanalysis, 3220 words

Thanks,

Tom Carroll (tomlearningguy)
Tom Carroll, crits/comments welcomed -- (tomlearningguy), Boise, Idaho, USA
"The book isn't 'about.' The book is the 'experience of.'" ~ George Guidall, Audiobook Narrator
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

tomlearningguy wrote: September 13th, 2020, 3:02 pm Hello Book Coodinator,

I would like to volunteer to read the following chapter:

Section 20, CHAPTER VIII, On Psychoanalysis, 3220 words

Thanks,

Tom Carroll (tomlearningguy)
Thanks, Tom! Glad you hope to read this orphaned section :wink: It's yours now.
Cheers,
tomlearningguy

Post by tomlearningguy »

Thank you, Yuqing. Looking forward to working with you all.

Best,

Tom
Tom Carroll, crits/comments welcomed -- (tomlearningguy), Boise, Idaho, USA
"The book isn't 'about.' The book is the 'experience of.'" ~ George Guidall, Audiobook Narrator
pianoroll262

Post by pianoroll262 »

Hi, I'd like to do Section 23 (Letters V and VI between Loy and Jung. Please let me know. Thanks!

pianoroll262
pianoroll262

Post by pianoroll262 »

Sorry, that last was not complete. I'd like to do Section 23 (letters V and VI between Loy and Jung). 2280 words.

pianoroll262
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

pianoroll262 wrote: September 14th, 2020, 12:14 pm Sorry, that last was not complete. I'd like to do Section 23 (letters V and VI between Loy and Jung). 2280 words.

pianoroll262
Thank you! Enjoy reading and editing! :clap:
Cheers,
Arden

Post by Arden »

Hi, Linny and all, section 9 here. I'll have the rest done tomorrow.

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/papersonanalyticalpsychology_09_jung_128kb.mp3

Thanks.

Length
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Re reading of Collected Papers on Analystical Psychology.
My intro will read:

Chapter 1, Section 5, of Collected Papers on Analytical Psychology. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain.
Collected Papers on Analytical Psychology by Carl Gustav Jung. Translated by Constance Ellen Long, Chapter 1, Section 5.

Presumably I don't have to read the dates 1867 - 1923, which are biographical details for C.E. Long.

The end will read:

End of Chapter 1, Section 5

Many thanks

Judith
Arden

Post by Arden »

I confess I have been a terrible volunteer, biting off more than I can vocalize in two months. I won't do it again, I promise! Sorry, folks, for the one measly section. Will contribute to psychology when I have time.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Jhiu wrote: September 18th, 2020, 3:31 am Re reading of Collected Papers on Analystical Psychology.
My intro will read:

Chapter 1, Section 5, of Collected Papers on Analytical Psychology. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain.
Collected Papers on Analytical Psychology by Carl Gustav Jung. Translated by Constance Ellen Long, Chapter 1, Section 5.

Presumably I don't have to read the dates 1867 - 1923, which are biographical details for C.E. Long.

The end will read:

End of Chapter 1, Section 5

Many thanks

Judith
Yup, that sounds good! Thanks for checking in, Judith :wink:
Arden wrote: September 19th, 2020, 2:02 am I confess I have been a terrible volunteer, biting off more than I can vocalize in two months. I won't do it again, I promise! Sorry, folks, for the one measly section. Will contribute to psychology when I have time.
No worries! Just take your time. Thank you for the heads up!

Section 09 is ready for PL.
Cheers,