Thank You.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

OK! I will assign 49 to you right now :D
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

14, 15, and 16 all ready for spot PL
To recap the PL notes, all three had a variable bit rate, the incorrect kbps and they had to be amplified.
14 had a loud click at 30:34
16 had a stumble at 3:20
~Tiffany
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have placed section 20 in the MW for PL.
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

I will try to finish PL these sections during the weekend.

So grateful for our awesome readers!

Regards,
Jessie
fiddlesticks wrote: July 14th, 2021, 4:18 pm 14, 15, and 16 all ready for spot PL
To recap the PL notes, all three had a variable bit rate, the incorrect kbps and they had to be amplified.
14 had a loud click at 30:34
16 had a stumble at 3:20
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

Many thanks for your very nice reading!

Here is my feedback on sections 14 and 15. I will listen to section 16, hopefully, tomorrow. (Very sorry that I did not notice these sections earlier.)

Section 14:
0:14 please add the announcement of "Chapter XII" as "Say and Seal Vol. 2, by Susan Warner and Anna Bartlett Warner [Chapter name from MW]" before starting the content of the chapter.
30:34 click sound is still there. (I am not sure if it is less obvious than before.)

Section 15:
0:14 please add the announcement of "Chapter XIII" as "Say and Seal Vol. 2, by Susan Warner and Anna Bartlett Warner [Chapter name from MW]" before starting the content of the chapter.
There are a few spots with some noises in the background if you want to remove.
4:18 a banging background noise
14:04 click sound
22:58 click sound
27:49 click sound
Thanks for the PL note from Lynnet, and thanks for the efforts of nanajeon to successfully fixed the spot at
~28:40 repeat "half-amused expression"
Amusing, that the book actually "repeated" wrongly as "He laughed a little — with a half moved half amused expression ..."

Regards,
Jessie
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Not sure if we can fix all that as the reader has been inactive since March. I went through and fixed the technical stuff but if the intro is missing I cannot add that. May have to open the sections up for new readers? What would you suggest Lynnet?
~Tiffany
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

feedback on section 16.
Thanks for removing the tumbling at 3:20. Three other things you please double-check.

1) 0:14 please add the announcement of "Chapter XIV" as "Say and Seal Vol. 2, by Susan Warner and Anna Bartlett Warner [Chapter name from MW]" before starting the content of the chapter.

2) white noise on the following spots that still need to be removed.
8:41 - 8:42
9:11 - 9:15
9:40 - 9:43

3) You announced the end of the chapter nicely and correctly left 5 seconds of silence at the end, but you did not actually finish reading the whole chapter. The following is the sentence you last read in the recording.
"I fear the ways you will take to make that true. I should think you might, Endecott!"—The ellipsis was not hard to supply."
Following this sentence, there are still a few more sentences to read, which I quote here.
------ where you need to continue reading in order to finish the chapter ----
"I shall not take any unlawful means—nor any unwise ones, I hope," he said lightly. "What are you afraid I shall do?"

"Get up early in the morning," she whispered.

"But that is so pleasant! Do you suppose I get up late now, little bird?"

"Not late, with breakfast at seven. How early do you?"

"Philosophically early! Do you know you have not had your poem to-day?—what shall it be? sunrise or sunset?"

"Which you please," she said gently, with the tone of a mind upon something else. Mr. Linden looked down at her in silence for a minute.

"Dear Faith," he said, "I told you truly that there is no need. This year's work has done quite as much as I thought it would. What are you afraid of?"

"I am not afraid of much," she said, looking up at him now with a clear brow. "But Endy, I have changed my mind about something. Could you easily come down and read with me a little while every morning?—or are you busy?"

"I am never too busy to spend time with you, my child,—that is one piece of pleasure I shall always allow myself. At what hour shall I come?"

"At six o'clock, can you?" said Faith. "If you gave me a quarter of an hour then, I should still have time enough for breakfast work. This morning I was afraid—but I was foolish. This evening I want all I can get. And when you read me a ladder of verses again," she said smiling, "I shall mark them in my Bible, and then I shall have them by and by—when you are gone."

"Yes, and I can send you more. It is good to go up a ladder of Bible verses when one is afraid—or foolish," he said gently and answering her smile. "One end of it always rests on earth, within reach of the weakest and weariest."

"That is just it! Oh Endy," she said, clasping her hands sadly and wishfully before her and her eyes tilling as she spoke—"I wish there were more people to tell people the truth!"
-------------- Here is the end of this chapter, Chapter XIV (Section 16) -------

Regards,
Jessie
Last edited by UPRG11W on July 20th, 2021, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

It's PL OK. Many thanks for the very nice reading!

Regards,
Jessie
Lynnet wrote: July 15th, 2021, 9:21 am I have placed section 20 in the MW for PL.
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

It is PL OK. Appreciate the swift actions!

I also updated the length to 32:31.

Regards,
Jessie
Lynnet wrote: July 12th, 2021, 11:23 am Corrected 33 uploaded.
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

more feedback on section 26, in addition to the comments on page 10 provided by Lynnet.
1) 0:13 please add the announcement of "Chapter XXIII" as "Say and Seal Vol. 2, by Susan Warner and Anna Bartlett Warner [Chapter name from MW]" before starting the content of the chapter.

2) 23:28 - 23:33 noises are still high;

3) the volume is still low. Therefore I quote Lynnet's advice on page 10
The volume is too low at 81dB. We look for 89dB. Please amplify by about 8dB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw

4) Please also refer to Lynnet's comments on page 10 for the bit rate standard. I am technical matters. But it is required to be 128 kbs constant.

Many thanks again for all your efforts!

Regards,
Jessie
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

Feedback on Section 44 for now.
8:12 - 8:14 repeated "she looked not" in the sentence " ... eyes might look at her—she looked not at them."

I will listen to sections 45, 46, 48 within this week. Many thanks for the nice reading!

Regards,
Jessie
lordy

Post by lordy »

Hi, I would be happy to take 24...xxiv
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Sure thing! I will assign24 to you.
~Tiffany